Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Xp deus 8x4 coil with cable

Posted by wolfau 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Xp deus 8x4 coil with cable
September 17, 2014 12:11PM
I just saw this on youtube.

Never seen anything like it. Its a wired
Coil running up to a recirver i think and
Its 8x4 in size.

Anyone know what this setup is?

[youtu.be]

Thank You

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/17/2014 12:11PM by wolfau.
Re: Xp deus 8x4 coil with cable
September 17, 2014 12:58PM
Henrikras made it earlier this year (with a bit of help from others, myself included).
Here's the link to the project:
[www.geotech1.com]

I have the remains of his large coil, with the intention of doing some more reverse-engineering on it.
September 17, 2014 02:42PM
Looks like the ultimate nail infested site coil/machine to me .....
September 17, 2014 03:26PM
Well if it works then that is cool but who knows smaller may not always be better when a machine works the way it should

LowBoy

TAKE A LITTLE TIME KICKBACK AND WATCH SOME OF MY DETECTING VIDEO'S BELOW ON YouTube

[www.youtube.com]

If you don’t dig it, then how are you going to know what you’re missing!
How can you have your pudding if you don’t eat your meat!
September 17, 2014 05:16PM
Alain has told the people who ask for a small coil that there is not further improvements made by using a small coil in unmsking...The way I heard it was that they have tested it and no gains were made in unmasking with small coil and depth was lost...

Thats the beauty fo the XPs the 9 inch will unlock a site as good or better than the compettion when they are using say a 4 or 5 inch coil..

Insane is it not...

Keith
September 17, 2014 11:42PM
Keith Southern Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Alain has told the people who ask for a small coil
> that there is not further improvements made by
> using a small coil in unmsking...The way I heard
> it was that they have tested it and no gains were
> made in unmasking with small coil and depth was
> lost...
>
> Thats the beauty fo the XPs the 9 inch will unlock
> a site as good or better than the compettion when
> they are using say a 4 or 5 inch coil..
>
> Insane is it not...
>
> Keith

I emailed the XP company & asked if they were going to come out with a 5 X 10" DD (or similar size).---They answered my email stating that they would be coming out with one in the next year.-----Why would they do this if there was no benefit over what they already have?-----I think there would be a benefit in target unmasking--stands to reason it wouldn't get the depth of their existing coils---but---that wouldn't be the design intent (depth) of such a coil.-----Myself, I think it would be an EXCELLENT coil for gold (nugget) hunting.
September 18, 2014 03:06AM
That coil 5x10 I hear is in the works DEl.. its already made for the GMP...

what Alain is saying for the the unmasking to take place the 9 inch is holding its own against small coils..

The 5x10 will dissapoint you if you want depth of say what a 6 inch could offer......it will be fro the propector looking for small nuggets....

the 5x10 disspaoints on the GMP for site work if theres ground cover...But its extremely tight for microstuff bare dirt prospecting type sites.....

Keith
September 18, 2014 03:10AM
It stands to reason that a proper small elliptical coil would improve the unmasking ability of the Deus over the stock 9" as great as it is with the larger coils . I believe the video confirms this ......
September 21, 2014 06:09PM
bump for the op