Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Deus Full tones

Posted by fsdigital12 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Deus Full tones
September 22, 2014 10:44PM
What does everyone think about running the Deus with 0 Disc and Full tones?

Does the Deus need a little disc to knock out iron wraparound like other machines?
Re: Deus Full tones
September 22, 2014 11:04PM
I tried that this weekend for like 5 minutes....good luck! With zero disc the Deus is seeing all the flakes of iron in the ground
Set the disc at 2 and it goes quiet. I hunted with full tones, 2 disc, sens at 92, tx at 3 reactivity at 1, silencer at -1, ground balance 80....this is running it hot. With some falsing....but DEEP!
September 23, 2014 12:25AM
The settings sound like you were trying to hit some deep ones. One thing about today's detectors (not just the Deus) is that you can go from an ear bashing program to almost complete silence with one push of a button.
September 23, 2014 12:29AM
I have run full tones since I started with the Deus and still find them disappointing compared to the Minelabs , but they are what they are---not inadequate just disappointing. There seems to be more inflections when running in 4 and 5 tone than full but I insist on learning the entire dialect. I can certainly see the value of assigning tones to discriminiate with in the tone modes but full is not one of them.
September 23, 2014 12:56AM
The Deus audio is very "dirty"...raspy...not like a Minelab at all. Closest I can compare it to is a Tejon. I have only had mine out 3 times and am having a hard time telling non-ferrous at depth past 6 inches from iron...the difference seems to me to be a subtle difference....digging a ton of iron. Full tones makes this worse....but I will learn it!
September 23, 2014 01:01AM
Dug a flat button at 10" in moderate mineralized ground with these settings....and the audio was fairly strong...just raspy/kinda clipped ...dirty
September 23, 2014 01:09AM
sekypaleo Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> The Deus audio is very "dirty"...raspy...not like
> a Minelab at all. Closest I can compare it to is a
> Tejon. I have only had mine out 3 times and am
> having a hard time telling non-ferrous at depth
> past 6 inches from iron...the difference seems to
> me to be a subtle difference....digging a ton of
> iron. Full tones makes this worse....but I will
> learn it!

I have found much of that raspy, buzziness will disappear if you plug into the remote , even with moderate quality ear buds if necessary---defeats the wireless aspect but certainly improves the sound.
September 23, 2014 01:15AM
Reason I asked, is I'm been watching Gary's videos on YT and noticed he really does well with the full tones mode. It really seems to.....help seperate the ferrous from the non-ferrous. I think he runs the disc up to 5 to help reduce the iron slightly....

Now mind you, it's a on pasture in the UK.....and I know every site is different......if I was in a place loaded with iron...it prob would drive me crazy...but a place with some iron I'm sure full tones works well....

Running audio with assigning VDI scale does seem to be more....pronounced and in your face....perhaps the variability of full tones takes away from the sound being more....obvious........so I can see your point as well

I guess you don't know until you try....

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 09/23/2014 01:21AM by fsdigital12.
September 23, 2014 01:54AM
Heres some correspondance I had with Alain about the Full tones..

Dear Keith

Thanks for your compliments.

When you use the full tone mode with disc at 0 you will be in a super “all metal disc audio”, ferrous will give you low tones and ground in some case will give you lower tone. If this mode is too difficult for you, so you can use the 4 tone mode and by increasing iron volume you will also work in All metal with audio discri analyze. The advantage is that you will be able to decide about the Iron audio volume you prefer by adjusting the Iron Volume paramater.

Cordialement/Regards

He says its a SUPER all metal disc...yet at the same time I find that mode not as sleuthy for unmasking since the tones for iron go up to 10 as low tones then start up as higher tones wiht the I.D. So the advantage of sayhaving a disc break your low tone at 5 for targets you want to dig that read comingled at 6 cant hapen since thelower tones is the same to 10...

What I also find funny and he is right....say we are in two tone mode and have the disc at 5 so 0-5 reads low tone and 6-99 reads high tone....Why on full tone option zero disc do you hear more ground noise and smaller iron than in the 2 tone wiht 0-99 being reportedno notching ...is the zero on full tone lower than the zero on the 2 tone ?

Keith
September 23, 2014 02:09AM
Interesting info. I tried the full tones in a heavy iron site first....I agree Keith...not a good mode for unmasking at all. I then tried full tones and zero disc on a pretty wide open clean field and as I said you hear EVERYTHING at 0...you are hearing the ground mineralization...get it at 2 disc and that is gone.
September 23, 2014 02:21AM
I'm am trying three tone disc at 6 tone at 100
disc from 7-30 second tone at 375
disc from 31-99 third tone at 700

LowBoy

TAKE A LITTLE TIME KICKBACK AND WATCH SOME OF MY DETECTING VIDEO'S BELOW ON YouTube

[www.youtube.com]

If you don’t dig it, then how are you going to know what you’re missing!
How can you have your pudding if you don’t eat your meat!
September 23, 2014 09:27AM
It sure is a versatile machine. The more tones you have the more complicated and confusing it becomes for the brain. And then you start the mental fatigue factor. And then you start missing targets.
September 23, 2014 03:30PM
I love the two tone for relic hunting and three at parks and schools

LowBoy

TAKE A LITTLE TIME KICKBACK AND WATCH SOME OF MY DETECTING VIDEO'S BELOW ON YouTube

[www.youtube.com]

If you don’t dig it, then how are you going to know what you’re missing!
How can you have your pudding if you don’t eat your meat!