Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Impressive as far as small coils and air tests go .....

Posted by silverhound 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Impressive as far as small coils and air tests go .....
October 12, 2014 03:44PM
Re: Impressive as far as small coils and air tests go .....
October 12, 2014 04:30PM
I don't have the small coil, just the 7kHz stock and it gets around 2" more than my E-Trac/CTX got in my somewhat iron mineralized ground but others mentioned it was a bit loamy/fluffy.
(My CTX got around 10" it seemed, the Signum hit very hard on an 11" deep Nickel coin, so I have to imagine it can go 1" more.)
I'm curious what others find in more mineralized ground.

Albert
October 12, 2014 04:56PM
The signum is a very impressive machine

I've had my eye on it for months and am considering adding it to my tool shed when cash flow permits
October 12, 2014 05:17PM
wonder what it does in the ground with iron or trash or just bad dirt...it does seem to go deep on an air test...

LowBoy

TAKE A LITTLE TIME KICKBACK AND WATCH SOME OF MY DETECTING VIDEO'S BELOW ON YouTube

[www.youtube.com]

If you don’t dig it, then how are you going to know what you’re missing!
How can you have your pudding if you don’t eat your meat!
October 12, 2014 09:29PM
I AM WAITING FOR THE DUAL FREQU \plus the wifi headphones that are coming
October 12, 2014 10:42PM
We live in interesting times...

Past(or)Tom
Using a Legend, a Deus 2, an Equinox 800, a Tarsacci MDT 8000, & a few others...
with my beloved, fading Corgi, Sadie
October 12, 2014 11:46PM
If I remember correctly in all metal mode with the 6" 14khz coil was picking up coins at 8" in the ground with my AKA Berkut.
Just picked up the 6" 7khz coil for it plan on trying it out if it doesn't rain Monday.

I could not run gain any higher than 14 (out of 20) in the house, GB'd to a hot rock, went positive and negative some, not much difference.
some of my air test
7 khz 14 khz
Ind. head penny 9" 9
Large cent 10 11
1/2 dime 8 9
silver ring 9 9
gold nugget 3 5
mans gold wedd band 10.5 12
Lady thin gold ring 7 9
Canadian steel nickel 9 11

14khz clearly better on gold low conductors

I was told that it would air test much deeper running control perimeters to the extreme but, in actual ground hunting those settings would not be ideal due to falsing.
And like all detectors expect a loss in ground depth due to soil conditions.

DeepTech Vista X with 3 search coils.
Works for me
October 13, 2014 12:21AM
These AKA detectors are very impressive. But I will hold off until there is an American distributor or dealer. I don't want red stars on my detector. I know the Signum is going through a change with the head mounting on the shaft. There is also a change with shafts going to Carbon Fiber I believe. So there are questions out there that need answered to make sure that anyone purchasing an AKA detector is getting the most current release. I enjoy the videos (what I can understand). The look at future detectors by AKA had my mouth watering. Multi Frequency! I will keep an eye out for it.
October 13, 2014 01:54AM
IF you buy the rebranded AKA with the red star and tanks, they have been outfitted by the reseller with different shafts etc., even one that looks like a Deus shaft system.

The standard AKA Signum is offered in two shaft styles, straight or s-handle.
You can pick up an current AKA Berkut 5, Sorex Pro or Signum from the Bulgarian European distrib or directly from Igor, the AKA Russian liaison.
Yes they speak English.
Or that rebranded AKA from that English lang AKA website.

I wouldn't mind being an "honest" distrib dealer for North America, sorry no cash for investing...oh well.

DeepTech Vista X with 3 search coils.
Works for me
October 13, 2014 02:05AM
Appears to me like honesty and lack of capital go hand in hand these days ....
November 08, 2014 12:12PM
> The standard AKA Signum is offered in two shaft
> styles, straight or s-handle.
> You can pick up an current AKA Berkut 5, Sorex Pro
> or Signum
---------------------------
I will add,that a new type of shafts is being produced with Signum and with removable electronic unit now.