Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Anyone hear of a near future update for the Deus ???

Posted by silverhound 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Anyone hear of a near future update for the Deus ???
October 12, 2014 11:47PM
Something to do with crowncap rejection among other things.....
Re: Anyone hear of a near future update for the Deus ???
October 13, 2014 12:14AM
It would be nice. I love the fact that XP at least managed a few updates already.
October 13, 2014 12:14AM
The only update I've seen is Low boys smiling smiley

Ok, Being serious now that would be nice seeing an update with crown caps. And see an update with the Prospecting mode, would like to see a staccato audio feature for iron with conductive remaining with the audio it currently has. That would be great!

Paul
October 13, 2014 01:39AM
How about they devlope a new control face plate we have to buy that has all new programs and features then we slap on a different face plate and we have a different machine. Leave the coils alone they cost too much. How about spliting the Iron into the left headphone and the other audio into the right. I had a whites that did that..I think Keith knows more about that (mixed audio)...Of course I bet they come up with something so cool that it will all have us wondering why we didn't think of it first. I guess when they added the silencer to go to -1 that was a game changer on 3.2 of course I'm new to this machine and am still learning it and having a hard time with learning the audio. It all sounds a like to me and then when I hear a good sharp tone and think I have a keeper it's a trash target....oh boy just like life...just when you think you understand it, it knocks you on your ass. There is not a lot of programing on this machine but the few things we can adjust can really make a difference. I still wonder how this hunter found this out about the silencer and now I keep thinking if I should always hunt with mine set to -1. And then I wonder why we need to relic hunt at 18khz...were not really trying to find hammerd silver tiny coins. Most buttens are about the size of a coin. But yet I see some hunter using 8,12 or 18. Below this guy throws me for another loop and he gets really great results at 4khz but also his ground is clean at this spot

[www.youtube.com]

LowBoy

TAKE A LITTLE TIME KICKBACK AND WATCH SOME OF MY DETECTING VIDEO'S BELOW ON YouTube

[www.youtube.com]

If you don’t dig it, then how are you going to know what you’re missing!
How can you have your pudding if you don’t eat your meat!
October 13, 2014 02:03AM
I find that 8 and 12 work best for me on CW relics in moderate soils. Even in heavy nails . The tones are not as easy to learn as the FBS machines by a long shot for me. Best thing I found was to practice on a few buried targets at various depths . It takes a while for the tones to click as good and bad targets have same tonal pitch a lot of the time but it is the quality of the tones that count.

After all a silver quarter and a crown cap will often give you the same ID numbers and tone/pitch but the quality of said signal/tone is different . Generally digging iffy sounding targets is a waste of time compared to a lot of other high end machines.
October 13, 2014 03:48AM
I've heard somthing the relic hunters are going to love...

No more than that...

Keith
October 13, 2014 03:25PM
Tom's posts says the freq of 18 is vital for hunting iron and trash relics.

LowBoy

TAKE A LITTLE TIME KICKBACK AND WATCH SOME OF MY DETECTING VIDEO'S BELOW ON YouTube

[www.youtube.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/14/2014 03:26PM by Lawrenzo.
October 13, 2014 03:39PM
I heard a new 5x10 coil is due out in 2015

LowBoy

[www.youtube.com]

October 13, 2014 04:35PM
I think an option to normalize the id to say 6.59 would be nice...Lol kinda got used to the Whites numbers..
October 16, 2014 04:10AM
Yes, there are 2 coming, that is all I can say. Richard
October 16, 2014 11:20AM
What screw caps are you guys talking about?

The aluminium ones or the metal beer ones?

I worked out a way the Deus could reject the aluminium screw
Caps and contacted xp detectors about my idea a while back.
This discovery Came while using the whites v3i.

Can aluminium screw caps be rejected? i think with a bit of clever
engineer this feature can be added on a machine like the xp deus,
Whites v3i or on a multifrequency machine.
October 17, 2014 11:08AM
There is two adjustment that takes care of the bottle caps for me, but I can usually tell by the audio if there is a cap in the ground.
1. Set reactivity to either 1 or 2 and adjust silencer to 4, will eliminate cap responses.
October 17, 2014 07:32PM
Hello,
I would not recommend using silencer at 4 because you will miss many other (good) targets and too much depth.

I uploaded a video few minutes ago, that shows how to recognize bottle caps by the audio only (I'm not looking at the numbers). It is really not that hard. It is a specific "addition" in the audio. Once you know how it sounds, it is easy to recognize the pattern.

[www.youtube.com]

I'm hunting for bottle caps only just to demonstrate that it is possible (I'm not using headphones, just the remote control).

Cheers
October 18, 2014 03:00PM
4 wouldn't be the way to hunt if there is iron in the ground maybe at park hunting but not relic hunting. In Calif you can relic hunt and find a lot of trash mixed with iron...

LowBoy

[www.youtube.com]

October 18, 2014 07:15PM
I would not use it in parks either. I uploaded a video from my previous tests.

Link: [www.youtube.com]

It shows a 2 Euro coin and the stock basic-2 setting. As you can see it ignores the coin completely (at moderate speed).

At the beginnig I was very excited about the possibility to discriminate bottle caps with the silencer "4" setting. But soon I realized that it is also avoiding many good targets. I'm sure many people are not aware of how "dengerous" this setting can be. I don't know why XP included it.