Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Now we know where Steve Herschbach was this past July

Posted by Rod-PA 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Now we know where Steve Herschbach was this past July
October 22, 2014 06:43PM
Re: Now we know where Steve Herschbach was this past July
October 22, 2014 07:47PM
Could it be the rumored Whites TDI SL super find.

I bet it is..
October 22, 2014 09:15PM
WOW!!!!!

Thanks

Keith
October 23, 2014 08:38AM
Steve!

Answer please!!!

You are a good bet to have found it.
October 23, 2014 01:43PM
I am flattered, but there are far more likely candidates than I for having found that nugget. I have irrefutable proof I was in Alaska in July [www.detectorprospector.com]

Of course, if I was in the mood to keep such a thing secret, I would have an alibi and then mislead you about when the nugget was found, making it appear impossible for me to have found it! However, if I had found it, I would be advertising when and where I found it because that would boost the sale price of the nugget. People who buy such things pay as much for the story/history as for the gold. And for that kind of money I would not worry about revealing the source of my honey hole.

It is always fascinating the interest in what detector made such a find, when any functional detector can find a solid 75 ounces at a foot. I rather doubt air was found with a Whites detector. I can't see a Whites dealer keeping that secret!

There are still good opportunities for making finds like this. It is not as easy as 20 years ago, but I feel my odds now are as good as they have ever been, mainly because I have more time now to devote to the search.

That lunker is a heart stopper though. Scary part is many nugget hunters would walk from such a huge signal thinking it junk. I have done so myself many times. It certainly gives a person pause for thought.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/24/2014 03:42AM by Steve Herschbach.
October 23, 2014 02:48PM
I am basing my idea that it was found with a Whites TDI SL on rumors heard a few weeks ago.

A TDI should then have made a spectacular find a cpl months ago and the story would wait a few more weeks.

Would be nice if it is and will be interesting to know how deep and how bad the dirt is at that spot.

Maybe Digger Bob know something about this nuggett.

[www.youtube.com]

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 10/23/2014 02:57PM by OldandBold.
October 23, 2014 07:11PM
Wink, wink, nudge, nudge I get it Steve! I can read between the lines. The more you deny the clearer it is that you... NEVER FOUND IT! We will share, uh keep your secret. Wow that must have been a rush!

Past(or)Tom
Using a Legend, a Deus 2, an Equinox 800, a Tarsacci MDT 8000, & a few others...
with my beloved, fading Corgi, Sadie
October 24, 2014 03:47AM
Supposedly a foot deep. The photos of the ground it was found in looks to be moderately mineralized. Digger knows who found it and what detector found it but he is not talking