Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

How Deep on a Mason Jar Lid?

Posted by leecamp 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
How Deep on a Mason Jar Lid?
March 18, 2010 01:40PM
Using a CZ-3D with a 10 1/2 inch standard coil, properly ground balanced on maximum sensitivity, in all-metal mode, how deep do you think the top of a mason jar can be detected? I believe the lid and the screw-on ring that would be quite a bit of metal. Thanks. Lee
Re: How Deep on a Mason Jar Lid?
March 18, 2010 02:47PM
March 18, 2010 03:21PM
Wow, that is a great story. That does give me a good idea of how deep I may get a response. Thanks,Mark!
March 18, 2010 03:32PM
Gee I didn't know guys collected mason jar lids..((just kidding))....my friend......My guesstimate would be 18 inches or so just for the lid.( found a walking half at 16 with a CZ5...Now filled with silver coins is a different story and perhaps 2 feet plus...Only problem it would cover a lot of area and most would leave it lie thinking it was a horse shoe or the like and have no idea if it would overload and give that signal due to the depth but on the ground sure would...
March 19, 2010 01:45PM
Ground mineralization can alter results. W/10.5" coil......2-1/2 feet is ascertainable (Fla dirt)......and much greater depths can be achieved if there are metal items in the Ball jar. (( I have found a ball-jar lid on the beach -wet sand- in all-metal mode that was a bit beyond 30")).
March 20, 2010 09:28PM
Not to change the subject, but to DanPa...you also found a walker 1/2 like 7 years ago 18" down in a dried up river bed that was moist from some rains...on a cz7a pro.
Dan is mr. cz

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/20/2010 09:30PM by PanMan.