Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Tom, any comments on the new Tek G2?

Posted by possum mo 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Tom, any comments on the new Tek G2?
March 20, 2010 03:17PM
Just saw it on another forum.
Re: Tom, any comments on the new Tek G2?
March 20, 2010 06:31PM
The new G2 and the new Gold Bug Pro........ are extremely similar. Coils will be interchangable. Both are 19Khz. The GBPro is a 'S' rod.....and the G2 is a stalk (like the T2/F75). (Right now).....the intent is to equip the G2 with the 11" DD coil.......and the GBP will have a 5" coil. Both will be mid-line priced. Both have ID capabilities (0-99). Two microprocessors per unit.

Not yet field-tested.

Nuff said!
March 20, 2010 08:27PM
Is the G2 a gold detector then ? More for gold hunting then coin and relic hunting.
March 21, 2010 01:39AM
Very good at both.
disc capabilities?
March 21, 2010 04:00AM
At 19khz, I understand it would be very sensitive to gold, but how about foil and aluminum? Would it be able to pick out rings better that read in the foil and nickle range,in comparison to a coin machine, such as the omega? Does this machine ignore iron like the omega?
Re: disc capabilities?
March 23, 2010 01:00AM
19Khz would be MUCH more resonant to aluminum/foil/gold/iron/nickel.

I cannot report much else......as it would only be speculation....as I have not tested one.
March 23, 2010 09:09AM
Sounds like it could be a great little gold hunter, but at 19Khz, it's probably not the optimal machine for deep silver coin hunting (deep gold coin hunting perhaps).
March 23, 2010 11:51PM
Correct.