Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

CZ3D air tests vs in ground

Posted by wjs 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
wjs
CZ3D air tests vs in ground
November 02, 2014 10:44PM
I have a Tom tuned 1021 serial# CZ3D that will test about 10" on a clad dime in an air test but it seems to go deeper in the ground. Check out this video. I believe the target was actually closer to 11". I have dug some holes close to 14 inches and gave up on them.

[www.youtube.com]
Re: CZ3D air tests vs in ground
November 03, 2014 12:56AM
That is impressive. A lot of units do not air test as good as they work in soil. BUT, if you think there is something wrong with it, I will give you a fair price for it.....lol

Tom in SC
November 03, 2014 01:23AM
After 20 years plus of using CZ's in my estimation go deeper in the ground where it counts...Now if we hunted targets in the air imagine air tests would be the way to go...Of course relative targets in the ground a lot depends on the ground in your neck of the woods....
November 03, 2014 01:41AM
wjs Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I have a Tom tuned 1021 serial# CZ3D that will
> test about 10" on a clad dime in an air test but
> it seems to go deeper in the ground. Check out
> this video. I believe the target was actually
> closer to 11". I have dug some holes close to 14
> inches and gave up on them.
>
> [www.youtube.com]
> UMDvKM43RgKLu71i-D24AAg

the fact that you found junk DOESN'T matter!...nice sweet sounding "hit"
on the cz at depth,OR any detector for that matter is what makes it all worth while for me!
sure,disappointment sets in when the "crap" is discovered,but it COULD have been a nice old coin too!
it keeps me hot after it all these years!..i'm just sayin'

(h.h.!)
j.t.