Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

A salute to those who shed

Posted by NASA-Tom 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
A salute to those who shed
November 11, 2014 01:12PM
It is all-too-easy to forsake our very own blood that was shed.... which allows us to have the very freedoms that we so easily (and subconsciously) take for granted. To enjoy this hobby........ and have the very freedom to freely speak about it............ is a bit more unsuspectingly historically taxing than meets the eye.

A very large part of this hobby....... is Relic Hunting. This is to say: We are hunting/detecting VETERANS fallen implements.

Lest we forsake.

Conserve this freedom!
Re: A salute to those who shed
November 11, 2014 01:40PM
Amen!
November 11, 2014 02:14PM
deathray Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Amen!

I 2nd that!
November 11, 2014 06:39PM
Yes. Happy Veterans Day

Discrimination is the root of all evil.
November 11, 2014 06:46PM
When I really think about it, after finding a large ammunition casing or whole cartridge from WWII (and WWI) here in Nürnberg, it is a heavy experience.
Thinking what people were doing, how they lived, died, etc. back then is just a pretty rough thing. I mean I talk with some of those old people from WWII. Very mind opening.
So much destruction all around - very few areas that I don't find remnants - as the city was leveled.

I really hope that those few who create most of the massacres (mostly related to our banking system - please see the FED's role) and fund both sides of the same war, slide by the wayside.
We are slowly waking up and I hope those days of war can be a thing of the past.

Albert
November 11, 2014 08:42PM
It is a debt that we can never repay. The closest we can come is to appreciate and never forget the sacrifice of those who risk/risked all to make freedom possible, many paying the ultimate price. The Good Book says there is no greater act of love- amen! I am so thankful that I cannot even imagine what a nightmare world this would be had the not served with the courage and resolve that they did. I discovered a part of my father's role in his effects after his passing nearly 30 years ago. I found a plastic wallet with some old photos he had taken, many of which were of Buchenwald Camp the day of its liberation. Hideously gaunt men, cordwood body stacks, remnants of human experimentation and the ovens were documented in them. Many shots were exact copies of the Pulitzer Prize photos from Life Magazine, only taken about 6 feet to the left otherwise I would say they were copies. He never spoke of his experience. I am so thankful he left me personal proof of his part in history.

Past(or)Tom
Using a Legend, a Deus 2, an Equinox 800, a Tarsacci MDT 8000, & a few others...
with my beloved, fading Corgi, Sadie
November 11, 2014 09:48PM
Amen, as my Father ''rest in peace'' was a Korean War veteran. It is a shame in some area's like my own they are trying to take away are detecting sites as this is one of are freedoms to hunt public parks that we pay taxes for! Now off my soap box, Happy Veterans Day to all that served.
November 12, 2014 12:07AM
Lest We Forget. Thank you for this post Tom. Lost my Uncle in the Korean War at the Changjin (Chosen). Thanks to all the Veterans for their service, and the ultimate sacrifice.
November 12, 2014 12:19AM
it is a debt that we can never repay but are obligated to not let our vets efforts or sacrifices be in vain!!!! foreign enemies are obvious, domestic enemies can be very sneaky!

thanks vets!!!!!!!!!

chuck.
November 12, 2014 12:47AM
Here, Here. I bow to those who served.. a sincere thank you.

VA, don't turn your back on our men and women. They deserve the best treatment and fastest help possible...pretend like you don't work for the government,... and get a hustle on.
November 12, 2014 01:40AM
Yes lets never forget why we have FREEDOM...

And I would love to hunt some of the WW2 sites in europe...

Would send chills down my spine to dig inside Germany finding American G.I. artifacts..

Keith