Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Aka signum vs vista gold vs deus w/11" coil

Posted by Sand dog 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Aka signum vs vista gold vs deus w/11" coil
November 12, 2014 02:53AM
Has anyone tested these detectors for depth comparisons? I'm getting back into detecting after a little time off and miss the deus I had (9" coil ) but maybe wanna try something different. Any help is appreciated thanks John
Re: Aka signum vs vista gold vs deus w/11" coil
November 12, 2014 03:02AM
I have had the Vista Gold and Deus but not the Signum (i had the Sorex) out of the three i had the Vista Gold was the best on small gold in my tests
November 12, 2014 03:40AM
I have the Signum and had the vista gold. The Signum is the deepest vlf I ever owned. Sensitive to gold also.
November 12, 2014 03:34PM
the AKA machines could grab the deus crown once they have the wifi phones available as the hodo beats the deus display hands down .in fact the deus display is somethig of a white elephant IMO
November 12, 2014 04:18PM
How did you buy the AKA

LowBoy

TAKE A LITTLE TIME KICKBACK AND WATCH SOME OF MY DETECTING VIDEO'S BELOW ON YouTube

[www.youtube.com]

If you don’t dig it, then how are you going to know what you’re missing!
How can you have your pudding if you don’t eat your meat!
November 13, 2014 03:14AM
pm igor.
November 18, 2014 02:58AM
I copied this post from a UK forum, as maybe not many of you guys are registered , hense cannot read the posts.
The title is " 2 hrs in a stubble field. "

"well running Jethros tones af1 gain 8st 11 rt 8 ground balanced perfect oh yes audio rtl-st. WOW. Thought I had cleared this field but NO. 5 large coppers 1797 1812 1822 1801 17??? 1 reale 1751. Another thimble and a flat pewter button!!!!!! Targets ranged from 1in to 9ins. Awesome. Unfortunately snow is in the forecast and colder weather for the next week is gonna slow me down but what a day!!!! OK now i tried to put photos up but can't. File is too big I will work on a way to post. AKA. WOW. What a detector. HH tom ny"

When you get the Signum dialed in, look out!
November 18, 2014 03:17AM
Wow sounds great! I can't wait to try one of these machines. Thanks for the info.
November 18, 2014 07:19AM
I have been looking at the AKA machines as well. They have my interest for a future purchase. They look to be what everyone has always wanted from Minelab with the eTrac/Explorer series. Light weight, with the exceptional depth and ID, but with the ability to work things out of iron.
November 18, 2014 07:38AM
Daniel - Are you getting excellent ID? I agree with the excellent overall performance but my ID is pretty jumpy. Many machines are in my ground at depth (e.g. E-Trac) due to the iron mineralization.
Oddly enough, my two deepest coins were fairly consistent on the ID, but most in the 6"-9" range really jump. I look forward to their multiple frequency offering as that should lock on at depth (they say).

That said, The Signum in my ground is deeper than my E-Trac, CTX, etc. It is no coincidence that in my first 3 hunts I found my 2 deepest coins with SOLID signals. I was shocked.
Fun machines to hunt with and extremely well balanced with solid construction. The hodograph is a nice bonus as well.

I had a Deus and in my ground (again a problem for machines) the ID would usually cut out completely at around 7"-8" or so. A faster machine of course but I don't like hunting in super thick iron so it was a bit too sensitive for me.
The iron level is fairly high though and has been decomposing for 100's of years, perhaps that is the problem overall for machines.

Albert
November 18, 2014 11:10AM
In this case if someone wants to try Signum or any other machine from AKA,it is better not to wait for newer model as far AKA still didn't announce when it comes on market.Probably next spring or next summer,but not sure even at that term.
So,Signum has some differencies now.It bacame thinner due to the electronic box and it became removable as well from a stem.The stem has also changed being s-type with a new box for batteries.The former design is being produced though as far it was worthy from all points of view to use for several years.
November 18, 2014 01:54PM
Albert - I don't have one of the detectors. I actually don't have a detector at all right now. I'm in the market for one and have been reading on some of them and watching YouTube videos. Gathering info is what I am doing. I watched some of your videos as a matter of fact. I believe I watched one of yours where you dug a coin at 9 inches or so. I'm not really sure on how the ID works on the machines...I was just assuming that the ID was pretty good. On the videos I watched, it seemed fairly consistent with coins but I really don't know for sure. Never seen one in person.
November 18, 2014 02:51PM
Daniel Tn Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Albert - I don't have one of the detectors. I
> actually don't have a detector at all right now.
> I'm in the market for one and have been reading on
> some of them and watching YouTube videos.
> Gathering info is what I am doing. I watched some
> of your videos as a matter of fact. I believe I
> watched one of yours where you dug a coin at 9
> inches or so. I'm not really sure on how the ID
> works on the machines...I was just assuming that
> the ID was pretty good. On the videos I watched,
> it seemed fairly consistent with coins but I
> really don't know for sure. Never seen one in
> person.

--------------------------
If you do not mind,I will add my opinion to yours.When having any detector from AKA,you almost forget to look at VDIs figures even there are they.You will get used to look at the hodograph instead of that plus hearing sounds as far many users find their sounds as pretty and good for ear.
November 18, 2014 07:15PM
Dan, its worth selling a few arrows to get an AKA.

DeepTech Vista X with 3 search coils.
Works for me
November 19, 2014 03:46PM
wait for the wireless head phones models
November 19, 2014 11:04PM
This is gonna be my next machine just gotta decide which coil I want with it. I'm mainly going to use it in an old corn field that's produced a lot of silver coins from half reales to half dollars one lucky guy I know of pulled a $5 gold coin out of this field. I'm hoping the extra depth makes this field new again. And maybe I'll find an elusive gold coin myself. thanks for all the info everyone I wish you all the best of luck HH John
November 20, 2014 11:06AM
its gonna be my next purchase too
November 21, 2014 12:22AM
Same here come springtime !
November 10, 2015 04:59PM
Igor

You said they change the box and the stem to an S stem, I am looking at this purchase soon for the usa what coils do you recommend here and does the unit deal with the mineralization and fe here in the US.

Thanks
Carl
November 10, 2015 05:34PM
Igor Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> So,Signum has some differencies now.It bacame
> thinner due to the electronic box and it became
> removable as well from a stem.The stem has also
> changed being s-type with a new box for
> batteries.

Hello, could you provide any pictures (or videos) of the new design? Thx.
November 10, 2015 05:47PM
Any questions just PM Igor directly.
Keith had a Signum to play with, you'll have to ask him for his thoughts about the machine.

Works for me
November 10, 2015 09:44PM
Thanks for the pictures Sven.
November 10, 2015 11:20PM
Is the above picture the actual aka signum now. price cost to US does anyone know the cost

carl
November 10, 2015 11:31PM
It comes either way http://www.akadetectors.com/products.php
Both Mikron Berg and Igor (AKA) have been listing them on ebay to help promote the AKA units.
You will have to contact either one about current specifics.
There's no dealers in N. America and only a small handful owners.

Works for me
November 13, 2015 11:51AM
With all the respect to everybody here,please,all questions about a cost only through p.m. or e-mail.
Concerning a design,the picture,that Sven has represented here is a classical type of a shaft.It is available now to order.
And the second type with s-type shaft and thinner electronic block is available as well.