Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Fors CoRe, ran it today for a couple of hours, Keith is gonna miss it!

Posted by Jack Flynn 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Fors CoRe, ran it today for a couple of hours, Keith is gonna miss it!
November 20, 2014 01:43AM
I must say I'm amazed at how well this machine is built. Not many out there like it build wise if any. Ergonomics, superb! Balance, you don't even know you have a detector on your arm. They had to steal that from Deus lol. I have a feeling Keith is gonna miss this machine.......... Anyway, ran it around an old dilapidated barn across the street in the woods that I "have not" been able to get anything out of with probably 10 different machines. The difference has to be the small coil I ran today I'm thinking that came with the machine. Lot's of iron, real iron mind you, and nails along with just junk. That little coil is very very sensitive. What was mind changing for me was the moment it saw something conductive even when all around the target was iron, the machine would give a conductive sound even bleeding through and a target would be there. We removed, "my daughter is the other part of the we" we removed rusted knives, nails, door hasps, just bent rusted pieces of iron at, in, or near every hole when digging. The conductive stuff was there. Deepest target dug was about six or seven inches. The last thing we dug we couldn't find until we were about five inches down, it kept peeping through the headphones, and my babygirl being the pinpointer operator says I've got it but it's small, here, and she hands it to me. Appeared to be a 22 cal pellet gun pellet that was crushed on impact, not expanded looked like. I grinned from ear to ear when I realized that. I really feel like this machine is as fast as the Deus probably running a 2 or possibly 3 reactivity. The uncanny part was the ID's were dead on or one number above or below what the manual states when in the ground. That's crazy good! I'm impressed to say the least.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/20/2014 02:15AM by Jack Flynn.
Re: Fors CoRe, ran it today for a couple of hours, Keith is gonna miss it!
November 20, 2014 01:48AM
Small coil on the deus would be crazy cool when hunting iron.. Just slap it on and away you go...

LowBoy

TAKE A LITTLE TIME KICKBACK AND WATCH SOME OF MY DETECTING VIDEO'S BELOW ON YouTube

[www.youtube.com]

If you don’t dig it, then how are you going to know what you’re missing!
How can you have your pudding if you don’t eat your meat!
November 20, 2014 12:17PM
Lawrenzo Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Small coil on the deus would be crazy cool when
> hunting iron.. Just slap it on and away you go...

Yes sir....when do we start a petition to XP to make a small coil for the Deus ?!
November 20, 2014 02:02PM
One big difference between deus and core...deus small coil is going to be mucho$$$
November 20, 2014 02:17PM
deathray Wrote:
> One big difference between deus and core...deus
> small coil is going to be mucho$$$

No doubt Ray!-----Those Deus coils are crazy expensive.
November 20, 2014 02:30PM
therover61 Wrote:
> Lawrenzo Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Small coil on the deus would be crazy cool when
> > hunting iron.. Just slap it on and away you
> go...
>
> Yes sir....when do we start a petition to XP to
> make a small coil for the Deus ?!

Hey John-----I may have already posted this awhile back--can't remember---but---I contacted Deus a couple of months ago asking about any additional coils they will be coming out with.-----Their reply was that they are going to come out with a 5 X 10 (or thereabouts)--probably sometime in 2015.----That isn't considered a small coil but I think it would be a good coil on the Deus for some hunt situations.-----I'll probably try to scrape up the moola to get one when/if that happens--like Ray said--those babys are expensive.---------Del

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/20/2014 02:33PM by D&P-OR.
November 20, 2014 03:00PM
Del....a 5x10 would be cool but for me, a smaller ( like 5-6 inch round shaped DD) would be better for some of the sites I am now hitting. Even with the crazy fast recovery speed and other options to make the Deus run optimal in these types of hunting situations (ie, tons of small iron every 2-3 inches), there are still way too many targets being 'looked at' with the 9 inch coil.

I did pick up the newer 11 inch coil for comfortable wet sanding and dry sanded spots with not a lot of trash, as well as now having the ability to allow another hunter to have fun with the Deus as well since I have the control unit as well as 2 fully functional headsets.

Sorry for taking the thread off topic Jack !
November 20, 2014 05:51PM
Don't worry about the off topic posting. The jest of my post really was about I've never ran a small coil that much. The CoRe is outstanding, the Deus would be unreal with a 5 or 6 inch coil. Maybe just unstoppable. We have to hunt mucho more trash than anywhere else here in the US.
November 20, 2014 06:49PM
Jack Flynn Wrote:
> Don't worry about the off topic posting. The jest
> of my post really was about I've never ran a small
> coil that much. The CoRe is outstanding, the Deus
> would be unreal with a 5 or 6 inch coil. Maybe
> just unstoppable. We have to hunt mucho more trash
> than anywhere else here in the US.

The Deus would be very good with a small coil. But I feel it would never have the depth of the Fors Core. I love the Deus, but I am now at the point where Depth and the ability to hit small targets in iron is important.

Tom in SC
November 21, 2014 12:19AM
Not sure there is enough room in a 5"- 6" coil for Deus battery and electronics .......
November 21, 2014 12:50AM
good point Silverhound.
November 21, 2014 01:17AM
silverhound Wrote:
> Not sure there is enough room in a 5"- 6" coil for
> Deus battery and electronics .......

It will be mounted on the top side (thicker webs) most likely.
November 21, 2014 02:30AM
Hey if it can be done by deus then they will do it

LowBoy

TAKE A LITTLE TIME KICKBACK AND WATCH SOME OF MY DETECTING VIDEO'S BELOW ON YouTube

[www.youtube.com]

November 21, 2014 02:51AM
Rah, rah, sis boom bah.
November 21, 2014 03:42AM
That many people really going to spring for $399 for a 5"-6" coil? Everyone will want one until it comes out, then all the sudden 9" will be good enough.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/21/2014 04:37AM by Steve Herschbach.
November 21, 2014 03:55AM
Im with ya Steve. big chunk of change.
November 21, 2014 04:39AM
Yeah and $399 might be conservative, considering how each coil is basically an entire detector. There may be a base price no matter how small the coil.
November 21, 2014 01:33PM
For me it's economies of scale. If there are places I hunt where a 5-6 inch coil will bring the greatest results, then I need a detector with optimal performance that has ability to run a 5-6 inch coil. If I spend $400 on a small coil for the Deus, then I can sell other detectors I have that utilize 5-6 inch coils. Examples would be my DFX, F75se or X-Terra 705. Would not need them ( or some of the them), and the sale would fund the coil purchase.

My reasoning for wanting a small Deus coil !
November 21, 2014 01:53PM
All threads turn into Deus threads these days. Me, I will stick with wired units that use drop in batteries. I have been using the Deus but it is just not the kind of detector I want to toss in the back of my truck to roll around with the other prospecting tools. But mainly it really is a battery thing. I detect really long hours days on end, and have no patience with having to charge a coil, headphones, and control box. Its far easier just to have everything running off AA rechargeable batteries. That's just me folks. I can appreciate why you all love the Deus but for prospecting it is like driving a french made sports car down a rough muddy road.
November 21, 2014 02:16PM
Steve...maybe all the threads should morph into blonde vs brunette vs redheads !!!

We all know the answer to that...ALL THREE !!!!
November 21, 2014 04:25PM
If it comes out and the hunters on the other side of the pond love it and show how good it is then what's the problem? Money...sell something! If they don't come out with one or it's not a game changer time to move on...Anyone that owns the deus knows it cost money and a good chunk at that...Anyway there are a lot of others detectors out there and I am sure some new ones on the way..

LowBoy

[www.youtube.com]

November 21, 2014 05:51PM
Lawrenzo Wrote:
> If it comes out and the hunters on the other side
> of the pond love it and show how good it is then
> what's the problem? Money...sell something! If
> they don't come out with one or it's not a game
> changer time to move on...Anyone that owns the
> deus knows it cost money and a good chunk at
> that...Anyway there are a lot of others detectors
> out there and I am sure some new ones on the way..

I would be surprised to hear that guys in the UK searching fields the size of Delaware are demanding a smaller coil. All the threads on forums asking about 9" vs 11" have nearly all people weighing on in favor of the 11". But I do hope they make one for you anyway.
November 22, 2014 02:24AM
Glad you are enjoying the machine Jack!!

And It was nice meeting you...We will have to get together and Hunt that site South of there I was telling you about some time...

It had some Capped Bust coins in there ...Along with 1812 Relics...

Keith

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/22/2014 02:30AM by Keith Southern.