Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Ever found a wrench/spanner like this???

Posted by Kevin B 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Ever found a wrench/spanner like this???
November 20, 2014 06:46PM
The wooden handle is missing it seems. This is after a night in the electrolysis tank.
Re: Ever found a wrench/spanner like this???
November 20, 2014 10:30PM
Good for the old square nuts....and for looking at.
November 21, 2014 12:12AM
Yes. It had a partial wood handle originally and was often referred to as a monkey wrench.
November 21, 2014 01:34AM
I've got a couple in my tool box.
November 21, 2014 02:12AM
It is called a Monkey Wrench back when I was a kid. It is the predecessor to the combination (or Crescent) wrench.

“Never approach a bull from the front, a horse from the rear or a fool from any direction.”
November 21, 2014 02:27AM
I found one older then that not to say that is a good thing but I love finding iron sometimes

LowBoy

TAKE A LITTLE TIME KICKBACK AND WATCH SOME OF MY DETECTING VIDEO'S BELOW ON YouTube

[www.youtube.com]

If you don’t dig it, then how are you going to know what you’re missing!
How can you have your pudding if you don’t eat your meat!
November 21, 2014 03:41AM
Thanks guys.
November 22, 2014 12:17AM
Yep, found a couple this fall. Also an old square wrench, files, chisels, and even a deep well socket. I kept thinking what in the world is a modern socket doing here! Lol . Must have been a more recent farmer drop. One of my cooler 'tool' related finds was a copper tag that says 'mechanics brace'. Come to find out it was what they called a hand drill back in the day. Pretty cool to find tools of the trades, most of which are now a lost craft. Any writing emerge from the electrolysis? I would bet an old Snap On tool would fetch a shiny penny or two...
November 23, 2014 08:47PM
Couldn't find any writing and I looked closely. I appreciate your reply! Happy Thanksgiving to ya. kevin