Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

aka signum.

Posted by o2findit 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
aka signum.
November 23, 2014 12:25PM
Hi Guys,

Has the aka signum got any better identification of a target using the hodograph against using the Whites v3i with polar plot.

Regards o2findit.
Re: aka signum.
November 23, 2014 02:34PM
I will repost your post on Gary's forum and enter a response here for you. There's maybe 3 or 4 Signum owners in N. America from what I can see.
You may not get a response here.

DeepTech Vista X with 3 search coils.
Works for me
November 23, 2014 06:14PM
Just to educate myself somewhat, from what I read, they are similar but different.
Both give information, the Hodograph gives more info about a target as it passes from one edge of the coil to the other, this is what the Hodograph draws out.
It takes a longer sampling of the signal to help in ID'ing the target. So you have a learning curve to go thru before you can understand how a target responds
depending upon depth, conductivity and size and or co-mingled with a trash target. I have found with the Berkut, you listen to the target(s) tone(s) response first,
then look at the target ID number and then the Hodograph. Bench testing and ground testing first, will give you an idea what your going to come across. After awhile
you'll find the Hodograph comes in handy in ID'ing a target. You will have to dig a lot of targets good and bad to understand what you will be seeing on the Hodograph.
For US coins, silver, clad, copper shouldn't be much of a problem learning the Hodo. Here in Canada, our nickel steel clad coins can be problematic, once you know
how the ID numbers fall, the tone, and Hodo image, you can pick them out of trash.

Both White's and AKA are excellent machines, to get the most out of each, you need to put the time in and learn to use them effectively.

Forum Answers:

"I'd rather change yr question into form: "Has the aka signum got any better identification of a target against using the Whites v3i"

Hodograf is just another "channel" among sound RT, sound ST, VDI number, signal rate. Once you have received information from these "channels" you can decide "to dig" or "not to dig"

There are a lot of cases when hodograf gives non straight lines or different figures but targets are non ferrous and could be valuable.

it seems to me hodograf is a consequence of device's identification"

From AKA:

Hodograph priori is more informative than the method used visual indication Whites. But hodograph more difficult to interpret."

"No need to compare the brands from this point of view as far making so,we have to increase the first one and to decrease the other one.Both brands are strong,both have very good detecting capabilities.The matter is to find something,that they differ from each other and to understand what the brand a user prefers and not to forget the subjective side of this question."

Works for me
November 23, 2014 10:28PM
Thanks Sven1 for your prompt reply. Like any detector you need to practice, practice, practice. As far as i know their is not a AKA SIGNUM in Australia. It would be good to get with someone who has used one just to get a few clues on its fundamentales.

Regards O2findit.
November 24, 2014 09:36AM
o2findit Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Thanks Sven1 for your prompt reply. Like any
> detector you need to practice, practice, practice.
> As far as i know their is not a AKA SIGNUM in
> Australia. It would be good to get with someone
> who has used one just to get a few clues on its
> fundamentales.
>
> Regards O2findit.
------------------------------------
It could be very interesting to see how Signum works in Australia.
Recently I tried to participate in one of australian forums and would be able to continue there if there are users of AKA on such a big area.
November 24, 2014 01:35PM
From AKA:

Hodograph priori is more informative than the method used visual indication Whites. But hodograph more difficult to interpret."

"No need to compare the brands from this point of view as far making so,we have to increase the first one and to decrease the other one.Both brands are strong,both have very good detecting capabilities.The matter is to find something,that they differ from each other and to understand what the brand a user prefers and not to forget the subjective side of this question."

Well, I really do not know anything about AKA but those statements are all they need to garner my respect.
November 24, 2014 03:12PM
One for sale right now at [www.treasureclassifieds.com]
November 24, 2014 06:05PM
Steve Herschbach Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> One for sale right now at
> [www.treasureclassifieds.com]
> /aka-signum-7272-detector-for-sale_i959

---------------------------
If I am not mistaken,that Signum sold for approx.1200-1250 usd.So,having it for 875 usd is a good present before Christmas.No matter,buttons are Russian or English.There is very few information on them and a user has to get used to the menu and manual to start detecting by a true way.
November 25, 2014 12:48AM
Some one buy it so he can buy a Berkut.
I would like it so it could keep my Berkut company...........just don't have the spare cash handy.
I'm happy with my Berkut so really, don't really need it. But, still would like to have it...LOL
You know how it goes, ones not enough.

Works for me
December 08, 2015 02:30AM
Hello

I am very familiar with the v3i and have had great luck with this detector once you learn the expert menus and the programming, I am in the process of receiving an AKA in the mail and I will be testing it not only on polar plot but depth and target separation in iron.

Carl
December 15, 2015 12:48AM
I have 2 of the sorex pro's.Great machines.They like the louisiana dirt!!!