Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Who is now an owner of the new F75SE2 OR been upgraded???

Posted by Kevin B 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Who is now an owner of the new F75SE2 OR been upgraded???
November 23, 2014 07:06PM
If you now own an F75SE2 (whether it was upgraded or purchased new) I would love to hear about the unit. I have three people, including myself, who are intrigued and are ready to purchase IF IT IS WORTH IT. Is there an actual and tangible increase in depth....relatively speaking. Ya know, I have never owned a better unit (as far as battery mileage is concerned) than an F75SE. I have owned 2, I have also owned 2 T2's. Same with the battery mileage.
But how about flat out "the new F75 will hit targets in my test garden that my G2 (or other unit) missed entirely. I hope that this is clear. My mind is racing from the days events and I am trying to fashion a useful post. Who knows, perhaps I will be the guinea pig and just buy one. Felix stated that they are now at retailers stores and are shipping. Has any member of this forum purchased one yet????? Happy Thanksgiving..............kevin
Re: Who is now an owner of the new F75SE2 OR been upgraded???
November 23, 2014 07:48PM
I have one Kevin..

It's very stable....I have discovered that you want to stay in 9.0 mode to egt the best out of the unti depth wise...

the manual says 9.0 is the D.S.T. mode but im not so sure....I think the 9.1 is the D.S.T. Mode

Unless mine is backwards...mine is a pre release version for the most part...But at the same time Whichever mode makes no difference ...just run it in the mode that has the D.S.T. cut off and its still really Deep as long as you stay in good to medium dirt the depth you will see with the unit not making noise is very encouraging to say the least...

that's the thing the Unit is very stable with B.P. mode on and using 99 sens D.S.T on or off.. it will still be dead quite....and that will give you the feeling of maybe its detuned or anemic..but once you see some deep stuff come to light that will leave your mind...

(((((Now I ask why does FT not crank the unit up even hotter if can run as quite as it can????...that may be later on though....)))))

The FA mode is very fast ....its not very deep...but it separates very well...especially when linked up to the 5 inch...it relies on unmasking on separation not blendability...but it can net you some finds in iron thats been missed.....

One thing I notice on the unit is if you turn the pitch level all the way C.W.to 9 it will give the 2f high tone a real high Hz tone...and it makes iron falses sound like iron falses on an analog machine...very flat sound on flat iron copmpared to a legitimate round crisp high tone of a good non ferrous target...it also helpson crown caps they sound flat instead of coiny...

in a nut shell if you like the f75 but dont like constant noise than its a no brainer...

Im a B.P. fan and with the new units you can see what B.P. can do....

Things I would like to see done on the unit...

If its quite now why not give us more depth(gain) in one of the modes...

While in 2f allow us to break the tone with disc setting...cant be hard to do...

Allow the tones to bleed together instead of one or the other at a time report...

That pencil I dug wiht the F75 i showed earlier is a very hard target to hear at the depth i dug it....13 inches including the pinestraw cover...and that was in disc mode B.P. 99 sens running 9.0 system...albeit in 1 bar F.E. dirt... still hard target....thast why it was still there...

I may aslo include and maybe its because the noise is gone that the quite model f75 seems to like lower conductors at depth easier than it used to in my dirt..

Keith
November 23, 2014 08:24PM
Thank you Keith. You have given to me some serious food for thought!!! I appreciate that!!! Happy Thanksgiving, Keith!!!!! Hoping that you will find period gold during the Thanksgiving week. Me? I am going to be alternating deer season with Metal detecting. But shooting a large buck for bragging rights is becoming less and less of a priority for me. Finding a nice old artifact of any kind really gets my blood pumping. Anyway, thanks again my friend!
November 23, 2014 09:41PM
Is the new manual on their web site ?
November 23, 2014 11:34PM
Thanks, Keith for your insights.

If yours is pre-release, though, do you know for a fact that the final release of the product is IDENTICAL to yours?
And given the choice between more depth without D.S.T. or quieter with D.S.T, have you searched in one mode and followed in the other mode for comparison of signals/finds? And the result?

Wait a minute, let me back up. You said with D.S.T on or off and SENS at 99, BP mode is still quiet? That means in both 9.0 and 9.1, Boost Process is still dead quiet? So with D.S.T off, in Boost Process, you get both quiet and maximum depth?
Is that what you are saying? In other words, if its dead quiet in Boost Process with D.S.T. off and you obtain better depth with D.S.T off, then why ever run with D.S.T on?

Thanks for any clarification you may provide.

Pleasant Garden, NC
AT Max, Nokta Impact, MX Sport, Nokta FORS Relic, GPX 4800, Infinium, Racer, Deus, F75SE, Nautilus DMC II (order of acquisition, last to first)

Does an archeologist argue with a plow? A bureaucrat with a bulldozer?
November 24, 2014 12:09AM
The First Texas approach is unlike that of Whites or XP Deus in that a lot of variables are "baked in" to the modes and cannot be varied within a given mode. Things like SAT recovery, pre amp setting, display parameters for what it shows and how it shows it.

Compare the F-75 to the V3i. The latter has pre programmed modes, but you can completely ignore them and set almost all adjustable variables independantly.

For me, it meant that the learning curve was too steep,and I never felt that I Had the optimum.

The complete opposite is my new Minelab SDC-2300. On, off, power level and threshold volume - that's it!

Not saying which is better, they are just different approaches. We will likely never get an explanation from Fisher exactly what gets changed in the upgrade or what the real differences in operating parameters between 9.0 and 9.1 are. That's just how their approach to detector design and user functionality is.

I have great hopes for real progress in the tools we use. Between the Europeans harnessing young engineering brainpower for detector design - instead of putting them to work at DOD Contractors or the NSA the way we do, and the all-star team being developed by a certian company in El Paso - not to mention whatever the Australian team comes up with - Imhave high hopes.

Rick Kempf
Gold Canyon AZ- where there is no gold

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/24/2014 12:16AM by lytle78.
November 24, 2014 12:12AM
Wayne I will tell you what I know..

mine may or may not be the same as the final version....LOL!!

It supposedly is on last check...And it PROBABLY is..

But the main thing is yes the 9.0 or 9.1 are both dead quite emi wise.. and when one does encounter emi its in both modes the same I have found...

heres what i do notice though...and others are stating to verify same findings....the 9.0 mode is the mode ot run it...the manual says that is the D.S.T. mode...I am suspicious of this or mine is backwards...

Why do I think the 9.0 is not the D.S.T. mode?

way back in the woods away from noise that mode does three things different from the 9.1 mode..

1-It has a slight spark to it on 99 sens B.P. just slight hold it in the air theres a minute fizzle to it...9.1 does not do this...D.S.T. mode should cancel this out? Maybe

2-The recovery speed in B.P. mode is like recovery speed on any other F75 in B.P. mode...9.1 recovery speed is noticably slower ...D.S.T. exhibits this from the first model I tested that only had D.S.T. mode..no 9.0 or 9.1 to choose from...

3-the depth of the DE mode is almost equal to the depth of B.P. mode....in 9.1 the DE mode is noticably less than the B.P mode...I believe the DE mode was not slowed down so it gets less depth from the shielding..

But whatever 9.0 or 9.1,,, it does not matter if its backwards or whatever in the manual or mines backwards or Im interpreting things wrong or whatever ..what does matter is you know Your Modes...

The factory is telling me in certain area the D.S.T. mode will offer noticable E.M.I. reduction ...I just havent found a site like that yet...both my modes are quite..and when noisy both modes are..

I just like the 9.0 ... And others are too it so seems....

If the machine just had 9.0 and that was it I think everyone would be a happy camper EMI wise...

I wonder if the whole machine is in D.S.T. all the time and the 9.0 or 9.1 is two separate programs more or less one to offset effects of the D.S.T. and the other to mimic the standard F75 S.E. ...I'll tell you the machine is a f75 but it does not seem like a full blown f75....it seems different..and Im sure the audio has been worked on some..maybe a more up to date audio chip is in it... it has more Audio resolution.. albeit digital its more sterophonic to the ear..

Keith

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/24/2014 12:17AM by Keith Southern.
November 24, 2014 12:19AM
No ear keener than Keith's. How the Navy hasn't kidnapped him and locked him into some secret Sonar development lab, I'll never know.

LOL

Best Regards, Keith

Rick Kempf
November 24, 2014 02:12AM
mine is just as Keith described. 9.0 is all I need.
Wow! neat intel
November 24, 2014 04:54AM
Great info, Keith. Thanks for sharing that. Very helpful. Fizzle! Got it! <g>

Pleasant Garden, NC
AT Max, Nokta Impact, MX Sport, Nokta FORS Relic, GPX 4800, Infinium, Racer, Deus, F75SE, Nautilus DMC II (order of acquisition, last to first)

Does an archeologist argue with a plow? A bureaucrat with a bulldozer?
November 24, 2014 06:01AM
I've noticed a slight increase in EMI handling in 9.1 over 9.0 with my upgraded F75. Both 9.0 and 9.1 are much quieter than the 7a firmware I had prior to upgrading. I used to use the switch on my Jolly Roger headphones to mute the F75 everytime I set it down so I could focus on target recovery, but now that reflex is no longer needed. The new audio options are useful but the pinpoint sounds funky and can make it harder to size targets. Not sure why they made it that way.

My only problem so far (a big problem) is with the All metal mode. It seems more modulated to me than before. Deep targets sound more like a soft wave in the threshold instead of a strong hit right under the coil. The All metal mode gave me a lot of confidence in the machine for the last couple years. I knew what to look and listen for while using it, and now it has changed. Has anybody else noticed this?
November 24, 2014 07:07AM
Kevin B Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> If you now own an F75SE2 (whether it was upgraded
> or purchased new) I would love to hear about the
> unit. I have three people, including myself, who
> are intrigued and are ready to purchase IF IT IS
> WORTH IT. Is there an actual and tangible
> increase in depth....relatively speaking. Ya know,
> I have never owned a better unit (as far as
> battery mileage is concerned) than an F75SE. I
> have owned 2, I have also owned 2 T2's. Same with
> the battery mileage.
> But how about flat out "the new F75 will hit
> targets in my test garden that my G2 (or other
> unit) missed entirely. I hope that this is clear.
> My mind is racing from the days events and I am
> trying to fashion a useful post. Who knows,
> perhaps I will be the guinea pig and just buy one.
> Felix stated that they are now at retailers
> stores and are shipping. Has any member of this
> forum purchased one yet????? Happy
> Thanksgiving..............kevin

Hi Kevin,

I have only used a pre-production prototype. Hope to see my production unit this week.

It's this simple. The new F75 runs where my old F75 would not due to EMI. I think a detector that works gets infinitely more depth than one that will not work.

In FA mode some targets that left previously as ferrous now light up as non-ferrous. Now, maybe 2" depths do not impress you. But if an item was left before at 2" for being called ferrous and FA now lights it up as non-ferrous - well, it is the difference between finding and not finding.

What I am saying is sheer depth is not everything. Useable depth is what the new F75 delivers.
November 24, 2014 02:47PM
NCWAYNE needs to get the upgrade.

HH
Mike
November 24, 2014 03:53PM
These replies are interesting and informative and I appreciate them. Perhaps I should have asked a question like: With relation to a Teknetic G2 or Fisher Gold Bug Pro. is the new F75SE with DST technology) at least AS quiet as the G2??
Was the difference EYE-OPENING.......or was it "yeah, that's a bit better but not completely quiet."
I am not trying to start a firestorm about the upgraded F75SE......just trying to get some idea how it would work in my "in town" historical sites. If I can run the F75SE at 100 sensitivity at those 'in town' historical sites, then I could possibly dig an item or two (or hopefully, more) that my other units would not pick up.
Please.....allow me to be totally honest and without malice: I have owned three F75SE's (couple of years ago). I NEVER could run ANY of them higher than 70 sens and 60 would have been even quieter. And in my test garden, Boost Process gave me no noticeable gain in depth. I would swing the coils 1 to two inches from the ground over the target in both DE mode and BP mode and would get the same audio report (none) on, say, a 10 inch bullet. It was in air tests that I noticed a bit more depth (an inch?) in Boost Process mode. In all fairness, I was a total rookie (and still am).
I am close to purchasing one but if the difference is minimal, I might pass. I appreciate the honest replies. And for all fans of the F75SE, please don't lynch me. I am not trying to "diss" your unit. Quite the contrary, I would like to own one.
There is alot of places that I hunt where fill dirt (1 to 3 inches) was layed down some years ago....effectively placing out of reach what I believe to be down there. I need a deep unit for reaching these possible finds. I thoroughly appreciate all of the replies so far. I couldn't ask for more, in terms of feedback. And I appreciate it.
November 24, 2014 04:28PM
Kevin,

I just ran my new F-75 in BP at 99 sens. In discriminate it was mouse quiet. In AM, I had to find the best frequency, but once I did so, it was fine.

This is outside my garage where the EMI is terrible. The Gold Bug Pro I bought from you would not run in AM above 70 here.

In BP and discriminate, I was waving my 11" coil over a nickel on the ground and at the risk of being accused of having a rubber ruler, in Discrim it was ID'ing at more than 12" and in AM it was detecting at 17" and throwing positive (but inaccurate) ID's at 15".

Again, this is in a spot where my new SDC-2300 - a detector now famous for its EMI resistance, goes into warbly fits.

Rick Kempf

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/24/2014 04:30PM by lytle78.
November 24, 2014 04:33PM
beastdig Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I've noticed a slight increase in EMI handling in
> 9.1 over 9.0 with my upgraded F75. Both 9.0 and
> 9.1 are much quieter than the 7a firmware I had
> prior to upgrading. I used to use the switch on
> my Jolly Roger headphones to mute the F75
> everytime I set it down so I could focus on target
> recovery, but now that reflex is no longer needed.
> The new audio options are useful but the pinpoint
> sounds funky and can make it harder to size
> targets. Not sure why they made it that way.
>
>
> My only problem so far (a big problem) is with the
> All metal mode. It seems more modulated to me
> than before. Deep targets sound more like a soft
> wave in the threshold instead of a strong hit
> right under the coil. The All metal mode gave me
> a lot of confidence in the machine for the last
> couple years. I knew what to look and listen for
> while using it, and now it has changed. Has
> anybody else noticed this?

try lowering the pitch. the default pinpoint/all metal/2 tone pitch is higher than before.
November 24, 2014 06:37PM
Wow. Okay....that is awesome Rick!!!!! That is great news. There is SO MUCH STUFF that I have passed over. And I may as well be BRUTALLY honest with myself while talking with y'all: I REALLY never gave any detector a fair chance of being learned. In other words, I would only dig the (that HAS to be something) sounds. Those deep down 'whispers' would get written off by me as falsing. Thanks again for everyone's replies.
November 24, 2014 07:53PM
I took the plunge and sent in my trusty old F75 LTD I bought new back in 2009. It should be back end of this week, and a friend and I have been researching an area with an old trading post that we believe to be a virgin site (a rarity in California!). We're going to check it out next week and I'll get to test out my upgraded F75 DST.

I'm very curious as to what settings are going to be the best, it's a typical early to mid 1800's relic type site, has not had much use since about 1900 as far as we know.

I'm really interested in trying the new FeTone features, particularly the 2F: TWO TONES. Similar to 1F, except that iron produces a low-pitched tone regardless signal strength. Useful if you want to hear all targets and want to identify iron. Most relic hunters prefer this selection. Torn between using that and the normal 3 tone that I like. I wish they'd implemented a variable break tone in this mode like the G2 has.

It sounds like the FA mode is a good mode in iron, but is it better then BP? Sounds like Keith has seen positive results vs BP mode in heavy iron.

I did pick up a NEL SharpShooter 9.5”x5.5” DD Search Coil for my F75 and I've been very impressed with it's stability, so it should be killer once the DST upgraded F75 LTD gets back.