Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

F5..11"DD coil

Posted by Terry 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
F5..11"DD coil
March 26, 2010 12:02AM
I was wondering if the 11"DD coil for the F5 has the same performance as it does on the Omega. If I can save a few bucks I see no need to buy the Omega if the DD coil even gets close to the depth on the f5. $ 700 VS $150.
Re: F5..11"DD coil
March 26, 2010 12:55AM
This will increase the performance of the F5......to about the specs/depth of the Omega. You are in luck!
March 26, 2010 01:12AM
That's music to my ears...lol I'll head out and get the new coil and save a few bucks in the mean time. Thanks Tom
March 26, 2010 06:41AM
My experience with the 11" on the F5 is a little different.

I know that the Omega is cousin to the F5 with some advancements since it is about a year newer design.

A lot of posts lately have been really strongly praising the Omega, noting that the 11" DD puts the detector on a whole new realm. Many are comparing it favorably to the F75/T2, even in the depth department.

My experiences with the F5 11" don't compare to that, although I do give the advantage to the 11" over the stock 5X10.

My 11" improves separation and coverage as you would expect with an 11" DD. Depth with the 11" may be a little better, but minimally. Certainly not in the F75 class for me.

The 11" on the F5 makes it ergonomically worse. Not a major difference, and the detector is still light and comfortable to swing. The 11" makes the F5 feel slightly bottom heavy.
March 26, 2010 03:27PM
My F5 no matter what coil I had on it got hit with EMI and was as bad as the F75 and I could not hunt. The 8000 seeems to handle EMI way better. My friend has the F5 with the 11DD and he still likes my 8000. The 8000 in Calif is deeper then the F5 no matter what coil you use. I would get the 8000 as I did and the 11 coil and the 5DD.

I think it is a sleeper detector and I may keep it for years as a backup because we really don't know where this hobby is going. I thnk Fisher is on top of their game and we can only hope that by end of next year we see the next flagship that can deal with trash and gold maybe offer different freq on the fly so you can go coin shooting and relic hunting all with one machine even no we can do that now it would be nice to have one machine that you can be switched on the fly.

And depth the next level in depth if that can be done. More coils, would be nice to see a bigfoot for coin machines where you can sweep across and make a killing on cald.

LowBoy

TAKE A LITTLE TIME KICKBACK AND WATCH SOME OF MY DETECTING VIDEO'S BELOW ON YouTube

[www.youtube.com]

If you don’t dig it, then how are you going to know what you’re missing!
How can you have your pudding if you don’t eat your meat!
March 26, 2010 07:37PM
I found the F5 and the Omega to be very simular detectors. The Omega was more ergonomical to swing and easier to setup but as far as basic performance, I found them to be maternal twins.

The main difference between them is that the Omega requires less thought to setup and use. An idiot proof detector, if you will excuse me for calling it that. You turn the knob up to just below the chatter point and go at it.

The F5 requires a little more savvy to setup, which can be difficult for some to learn, but gives more control over the unit than you can get with the Omega. I much perfer the control I achieve over site conditions with the F5 over the turn on and go simplicity of the Omega.

HH
Mike

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/26/2010 08:04PM by Mike Hillis.
March 27, 2010 03:01AM
I guess I got a hot 8000 casue it kicks my friends F5. I like the 8000 better I like the set up the tones and the depth and it is faster. Maybe it is just the gold country dirt the 8000 and LTD were made for my ground

LowBoy

TAKE A LITTLE TIME KICKBACK AND WATCH SOME OF MY DETECTING VIDEO'S BELOW ON YouTube

[www.youtube.com]

If you don’t dig it, then how are you going to know what you’re missing!
How can you have your pudding if you don’t eat your meat!