Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

F75 LTD2 Ground Balancing problem...

Posted by Cuniagau 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
F75 LTD2 Ground Balancing problem...
December 10, 2014 12:06AM
I bought myself an early Christmas present which was a NEL Tornado coil and was going to try it out yesterday evening after work. But I couldn't get it to ground balance. I switched to the stock 11 inch and it Ground Balanced ok. So I PMed Keith Southern as he has had the Tornado in the past and ask him if there was something I was doing wrong. He had me recheck that they had sent me the correct coil, which they did. I then turned it on and it Ground Balanced it in my front yard. I took it to my back yard where no detector has ever been able to ground balance and again it Ground Balanced. I came in to PM Keith again and thought that I had better check on what version it was on. When I restarted it I saw that it was 9.1. But I tried to Ground Balance it again and this time the ground number stayed on 90 and it gave the "can't GB" at the bottom of the screen. I tried version 9.0 and it wouldn't ground balance. I then put on the stock 11 and it wouldn't ground balance. I tried several spot in the front yard and got it to GB again. The I tried the Tornado again at that spot and no go. I tried the 15 inch and it wouldn't Ground Balance either. I had hunted with the 5 inch and the 3 1/2 x 6 1/2 this past weekend without any problems. It is almost like it doesn't want to Ground Balance the larger coils.
Anyone else notice a Ground Balancing problem?

Joe

“Never approach a bull from the front, a horse from the rear or a fool from any direction.”
Re: F75 LTD2 Ground Balancing problem...
December 10, 2014 12:20AM
had that problem on ultimate coil on omega. turn sens down and try. or just manual.
December 10, 2014 12:25AM
detectingMO Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> had that problem on ultimate coil on omega. turn
> sens down and try. or just manual.

Tried it with sensitivity do to 0. Still no GB. Manual down to 0 and coil machine gunning all the way.

“Never approach a bull from the front, a horse from the rear or a fool from any direction.”
December 10, 2014 12:43AM
Nel Tornado and every other coil I have ground balances fine with my "LTD2".