Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Hey Triplehooked Do your........................

Posted by tnsharpshooter 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Hey Triplehooked Do your........................
December 12, 2014 01:16AM
children metal detect???
Re: Hey Triplehooked Do your........................
December 12, 2014 01:56AM
My oldest daughter (now 16) likes to beach hunt with me once she realized there is jewelry to be found...lol. We go to lake Michigan during the summer and hunt the bigger beaches, allot of fun. One of my boys likes to do a little dirt digging, but he takes some prodding and is starting to show more interest in girls than anything....lol. Of course everyone is interested in my finds, and the jewelry disappears fast around the house. Which is cool as three Christmas gifts this year are detector finds. Evidently, old keys are 'hip' now at school, so I'll be cleaning up a couple of recent skeleton key finds and put them on necklaces for gifts. And the barber repousse' is already in a ring for the wife...

Thanks for asking, how about you? Any detecting kids?
December 12, 2014 02:23AM
No children. Just a wife, 2 dogs(Jack Russell, Sooner) and 2 cats. My Jack Russell is going on 12 now. She sure will help one dig finds when treasure hunting. Fastest digging dog breed I've ever been around. She's so smart the wife and I have to spell words to fool her. She has a huge vocabulary for a dog. I didn't do any special training with her either. I've had her since she was 6 weeks old. I was actually born in Toledo a few years back moved to TN then KY and back to TN joined the USAF after High School and retired 22 years later. Since been doing alot of hunting with guns and metal detectors. I'm starting to favor the ole metal detector over the gun. Good places to hunt with firearms are quickly dwindling, even here in backwoods TN. This deus thing, being so light and all makes the hobby definitely more enjoyable for me. Now if I just had the places like you have to metal detect!! There was lots of money in the midwest back in the days, a whole more than say in the south. You can find more loot in the farm fields in the midwest than you can around houses in the south on average. I still love it never the less. It's nice to see people find the old jewelry and coins. You better get after that buried loot. It won't be long before the tundra is frozen where you detect. Look forward to reading your post and looking at your finds.
December 12, 2014 02:58AM
That's funny, I've always wanted a Jack Russell. Thank you for your service, btw. I'm an Army brat, lived all over the south. Most of my family lives in SE Ky. I'm hoping to visit for Christmas if funds allow. A lot of the fields up here are frozen about four inches down. But the home site I've been hunting is insulated by the grass so I'm taking advantage of the unseasonably warm December. Going to get a few more hunts in before freeze up!
December 12, 2014 07:38AM
We have 5 Jack Russells, we have loved the breed for over 20 yrs. Yes my back yard looks like a WWII carpet bombing attack. Wouldn't have it any other way............
December 12, 2014 11:33AM
Here is my buddy. He is almost 14. No other dog like them........

Tom in SC

December 12, 2014 12:11PM
Beautiful dog!!! The eyes on my dog look very similar. The small black outline on one eye makes for the optical illusion- one eye bigger than the other- the mascara effect.
December 12, 2014 01:04PM
Tom-----That's a great looking buddy you've got there!----My wife & I both love dogs--actually, we love (most) animals.----Do they still figure 1 yr. of human life=7 yrs. of dog life?-----I guess longevity depends on the size of the breed of dog also.---------Del
December 12, 2014 01:51PM
D&P-OR -----I guess
> longevity depends on the size of the breed of dog
> also.---------Del

That's what I've heard as well. I guess Great Danes only live to around 8-10 years of age, which is too bad. They appear to be a great breed. On the other hand, my last dog, a retriever/shepherd mix, lived to the ripe old age of 17 with nary a vet visit, with the exception of her shots. Great dog, she wandered off one day and laid down in the neighbors field and passed. My current dog (huckleberry) is another mix/mutt. He's not the brightest guy on the block, but very much a part of our family. We also have a Chihuahua (new edition) named Phoebe, a half a dozen rabbits, guinea pigs, two cats, and two horses, and a partridge in a pear tree....lol. Needless to say we like animals. Love the pic btw, looks like a smart dog. Reminds me of the dog on the movie mask, with Jim Carrey.

Here's a couple of pics of our critters.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/12/2014 01:59PM by triplehooked.
December 12, 2014 04:50PM
Hybrid vigor will usually get you a few extra years although I've had both a purebred German Shepard and Springer Spaniel that made it well into their mid teens. The buddy I have now is probably an Australian Shepard and Golden Retriever cross. We don't speak the words food , walk , treat , bone , kitty , car , ride or Zoe unless we're ready to back them up. He knows my tells so well that as I'm getting dressed he goes and gets his collar and leash and stands by the door. Whoever decided to domesticate the wolf was a genius.
December 12, 2014 10:46PM
Quote by shoveler; Whoever decided to domesticate the wolf was a genius.

Ain't that the truth. What would a life be without a good dog? My dog makes me laugh just by looking at him.

We have taken him off of high quality commercial dog food a couple months ago and started making homemade, following The DinoVite instructions....it's working very well. The rash on his belly has disappeared and he loves it.

The ingredients are; 18 ground up hard boiled eggs (shell included), 5 cups cooked white rice, 10 pounds raw ground beef, Dinovite and LickoChops....mixing that amount by hand, is the hard part.

We make them into portioned burgers then freeze on a cookie sheet. Once they're frozen we put them in Tupperware type containers and take out 3 days worth, keeping them in the frig.

My daughter started her dogs on this and seeing the results prompted us to give it a go....glad we did.
December 12, 2014 11:00PM
Dang, that's making me hungry... put some bacon in there and I'm game...lol
December 13, 2014 06:16AM
Anybody know poop VanScoop''s number, he is number 1 in the number 2 business, he picks up where your dog left-off, he eliminates gross encounters of the Turd kind shoot me a " message "?, D.................I................N..............O..............V.......................I.........................T.........................E!!! Sorry listen to a lot of ham & am/fm talk radio~ VanScoop a clever add from Denver area in 90's don't know if he was the original? & HH