Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

62 Pull-tabs in 4hrs

Posted by Aaron 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
62 Pull-tabs in 4hrs
April 02, 2010 12:15PM
I was hunting in my favorite old park yesterday after work with the LTD and decided to try out the little 5inch coil in a heavily infested pulltab area. The weather was beautiful and I was determined to find a gold ring. The little coil really works great at getting in between the trash. Although I didn't get that gold ring after 4 hours and 62 pulltabs and various other kinds if trash I did rescue 3 Wheaties all in the same hole surrounded by p-tabs. A 21',32' and a 42' They were all really green. I also found another Wheatie from the same era. Although I still haven't been able to get this machine to ground balance I am getting really good depth. I talked to Daniel at Fisher and he walked me through the ground balance steps just to make sure and he says I need to send it in except I bought it used and they won't cover it. I am going to have to contact the guy I bought it from on FindMall. He said he only used the FastGrab ground balance and he lived in Alabama. I can't even get it to do that. I'm hoping Tom is right and maybe the ground min is to low anyway. The Fe gauge is usually all the way at the bottom.
Aaron

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 04/02/2010 06:34PM by Aaron.
Re: 62 Pull-tabs in 4hrs
April 03, 2010 12:38AM
When you are in the all-metal mode with a fairly high Sens setting..........do you get a audio response/threshold-change when you pump the coil to the ground? If it's not much.....you found your answer.