Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

FWIW I'd hate to be answering the phone at First Texas this morning. ...

Posted by Jack Flynn 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Re: FWIW I'd hate to be answering the phone at First Texas this morning. ...
December 16, 2014 11:31AM
Thats like resetting a knob on an Xcal to a higher sensitivity location....... gives you a warm fuzzy by seeing bigger sensitivity numbers..... but 2" of lost depth.... wow, i guess they were right their newest machine is a real game changer.

Dew
December 16, 2014 12:42PM
Daniel Tn Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------

> THAT is when the mean side of
> Daniel from Tennessee will come out.
>

Would not want that.....a mean, deadly archer !
December 16, 2014 01:01PM
I would think it would take the unit to calibrate it. I didn't think there was anything on the board that you could tweak though. Just my impression from the units being digital. Replace board and air test I'm guessing. I'm sure they will get it right for you just hope it doesn't take 3 times like it has for me in the past. It would help if Tom could give us some insight into this. Then again it may be wise to stay out of the fray on this one. Mine is on the truck for delivery so it will be open and tested asap. It will be thoroughly field test by end of day Wednesday. Video will be included. Daniel with shipping like it is would be surprised if you see yours until after Christmas. Takes 4 days to get here but you are probably 1 day closer.
December 16, 2014 05:07PM
Yeah I figure the shipping will be over loaded with packages and I was kind of wanting to do some hunting while I was off for a few days at Christmas. I don't have any other detector to use in the mean time. Mine is not unusable...it's not like it's unstable or flat out doesn't work. It does work. There still aren't many machines on the market capable of even air testing a coin at 14-16 inches. It's not where I would like it to be though.

I just done a crazy move that might end up good and might end up bad. Since they think it might just be my coil that is bad, I just ordered the NEL Hunter coil. Which is the same size as the stock F75 coil. I have a liking for those NEL coils. I figure if that fixes it...I am good to go, and only out $140. I will know in a couple days. I will still be able to hunt while I'm off for the holidays, and if it fixes the machine...all the better, and I don't have to mess around with paying shipping cost to Texas...waiting for it to get there...waiting for them to check it out and work on it if need be....then waiting for it to come back. This detector was already MIA in shipping for about 4 days with nobody knowing where it was. If it doesn't fix it, then I will have more info to put on the note when I send it in for them to dig deeper.

On a side note. I am looking for an MXT Pro or All Pro if anybody has one or knows where one might be. I haven't had an MXT since they first came out...and all I ever tried on it was the stock round coil that it came with. I hear they perform much better with the SEF DD coils. I would like to try on with an SEF or Ultimate 13.
December 16, 2014 07:22PM
After cranking up the threshold a little to compensate, using a nickel, and headphones to compare to Keith's video mine isn't as bad as a thought. It's not Keith Southern's deep by any means but it is plenty doable for me. The disc mode is so deep and quiet for a disc mode I don't want to have that "fixed" for a few more inches of all metal depth. I can deal with the pinpoint bug. Don't use those tones much anyway. I'll sit back and see what happens from Fisher. There still doesn't seem to be a sensitivity increase on mine over 40 sense in all metal but then again I didn't test against micro targets like gold.
December 16, 2014 07:34PM
Fisher should release some sort of statement for early adopters. What's happening with the F75 doesn't seem too different than what happened with the F19 early release. My machines performance is less than it was before no matter what coil is on it. Since Fisher downgraded my machine I expect them to pick up the shipping costs. I'm holding out a bit for them to do the right thing and for the holiday shipping situation to calm down some. I think in the end I'll end up with a really great machine, just ran into some unexpected hurdles.