Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

What am I missing with the F75?

Posted by dahut 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
What am I missing with the F75?
April 03, 2010 01:29AM
I would like an LTD, but the price will remain out of my reach for a while. But I can swing an F75. Aside from the BP mode, what am I giving up?

In this case, is something better than nothing?

David
Re: What am I missing with the F75?
April 03, 2010 02:44AM
Well for me after having a F75 for three years then getting the LTD, I find the LTD a bit deeper I can push it harder and it runs more stable and it has the air gap that really helps on overgrown grass and weeds. It is a better machine and I always like the best but only if it really works and this machine does work so well that I sold my F75 and got the 8000 as my backup.

LowBoy

TAKE A LITTLE TIME KICKBACK AND WATCH SOME OF MY DETECTING VIDEO'S BELOW ON YouTube

[www.youtube.com]

If you don’t dig it, then how are you going to know what you’re missing!
How can you have your pudding if you don’t eat your meat!
April 03, 2010 02:51AM
Definitely IMO the F75 is great. You do lose an edge in heavily hunted sites without the BP, but you can't always use it to it's fullest potential. In trashy areas I think it's the same, and I find most of my good items in these areas. The more you hunt the more you find no matter what machine you use.

I have started hunting an area in several different processes and sensitivities and found I missed something with all of them, another process may have had better response to. All readings and ground are different, the more firepower you have the more effective you will be. I think you will pay for the "special edition", "LTD" with the finds you make if you are hunting areas that have a history of good finds. It's not the "best" beach machine.

My 2 cents for what it's worth.
April 03, 2010 04:51AM
hi lowboy!
may i ask WHY you gave up the f-75 as a back up,and acquired the 8000 omega instead?
thanks!

(h.h!)
j.t.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 04/03/2010 04:55AM by jmaryt.
April 03, 2010 12:26PM
Very good responses. And adding to:

If you are strictly a coin hunter, the original/standard F75 will be a bit of an improvement over other detectors......especially if that other detector is a concentric coil equipped unit. If you coin AND relic hunt; a standard F75 is, technoligically, a large evolutionary shift in performance (in the proper direction) .....especially where high human-travel is prominent. The higher the 'volume' of people in any particular area..........the higher the concentration of items lost...... (and; subsequently, the inevitable higher trash content).........which..........in turn.............justifies/validates the pinnacle accolades of the F75.

The F75 does not come without fault. The learning curve is proper, , , but steep. Most folks will utilize the 'overdrive' features TOO soon......and lose trust/respect/appreciation for the unit. When this unit is set up for a more tame power setting ......it'll still trump most other detectors.............and........will then expedite the proper learning curve.
The F75 is also prone to EMI......in a fair amount of applications. Proper set-up....and this problem can be mitigated.

The F75 "LTD" is yet ANOTHER major boost in evolutionary performance....especially for 'small items' relic hunting.

Tom
April 03, 2010 01:49PM
"Definitely IMO the F75 is great. You do lose an edge in havily hunted sites without the BP, but you can't always use it to it's fullest potential. In trashy areas I think it's the same, and I find most of my good items in these areas. The more you hunt the more you find no matter what machine you use.

I have started hunting an area in several different processes and sensitivities and found I missed something with all of them, another process may have had better response to. All readings and ground are different, the more firepower you have the more effective you will be. I think you will pay for the "special edition", "LTD" with the finds you make if you are hunting areas that have a history of good finds. It's not the "best" beach machine."

Thank you jamt. I am not a hard or driven user - I detect when I can, where I can and enjoy it. Call me a hobbyist, casual-serious. I dont know any "serious" relic hunters and I normally only get out around town. Pennies or Seated coins, either are good for me and I aint taking anything with me when I go, anyway...

I currently use an F70 and really like its combination of features. I also like high end detectors (who doesn't, right?) and I usually try a different one each year. So the F75 series is a natural step forward, these things considered.

You make great points about hunting sites and what we miss. The F70 is the "best" detector I currently have and I am selling an XLT to help fund the F75. I expect there will be parity with that model, if not improvement on most of the sites I may visit locally. If the Fisher is only lighter and handier to use, it is an improvement!

But, I am the odd man in that I dont bank on any detector "paying for itself" in finds. I'm out of pocket for the instruments purchase from the outset, unless I sell my finds. No sell - no payback.
The more I go detecting the likelier I am to recoup my costs - but I don't go as much as I used to. So, I use the best I can afford and take joy from that.

I know I like the F70. Im guessing that I will enjoy the the F75, too. You're comments are most welcome.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/03/2010 01:53PM by dahut.
April 03, 2010 02:04PM
NASA-Tom Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Very good responses. And adding to:
>
> If you are strictly a coin hunter, the
> original/standard F75 will be a bit of an
> improvement over other detectors......especially
> if that other detector is a concentric coil
> equipped unit. If you coin AND relic hunt; a
> standard F75 is, technoligically, a large
> evolutionary shift in performance (in the proper
> direction) .....especially where high human-travel
> is prominent. The higher the 'volume' of people in
> any particular area..........the higher the
> concentration of items lost...... (and;
> subsequently, the inevitable higher trash
> content).........which..........in
> turn.............justifies/validates the pinnacle
> accolades of the F75.
>
> The F75 does not come without fault. The learning
> curve is proper, , , but steep. Most folks will
> utilize the 'overdrive' features TOO soon......and
> lose trust/respect/appreciation for the unit. When
> this unit is set up for a more tame power setting
> ......it'll still trump most other
> detectors.............and........will then
> expedite the proper learning curve.
> The F75 is also prone to EMI......in a fair amount
> of applications. Proper set-up....and this problem
> can be mitigated.
>
> The F75 "LTD" is yet ANOTHER major boost in
> evolutionary performance....especially for 'small
> items' relic hunting.
>
> Tom

Thank you, Tom. On your last point, I simply don't encounter the "small relic" opportunities that some people do. I am more of a coin and jewelery hunter, with occasional forays into the relic fields and woods.

On the other hand, I have been detecting for over 20 years. The learning curve with most detectors is no worry. I will push it, but always remember there is a basic set up I can refer back to. Im certainly I can appreciate the F75!
Your comments are sincerely appreciated.
April 03, 2010 03:24PM
I wanted a different freq to hunt and a machine that didn't get hit by EMI I had a CZ3 but it was not as fast was heavy and didn't do well in iron. The 8000 is everything I was looking for as a backup and it has a great fun factor. With the 11DD coil I still have money for Fishers new machine

LowBoy

TAKE A LITTLE TIME KICKBACK AND WATCH SOME OF MY DETECTING VIDEO'S BELOW ON YouTube

[www.youtube.com]

If you don’t dig it, then how are you going to know what you’re missing!
How can you have your pudding if you don’t eat your meat!
April 03, 2010 07:33PM
thanks for replying!..i have been reading earnestly about the omega,and the more i read about it,the better i like it!..i am stictly a coin shooter,and it appears to be an alternative that has been overlooked by many!..it has the fast processor for trash work,along with the 5" dd,and the 11" dd coils which are a deal maker!..it doesn't appear to be affected by e.m.i as much as the f-75 and the l.td. it is simple and straightforward to operate,and as you stated,it's a hell of a lot of fun!
gets terrific depth on a par with the 75's,and is very light to use all day!..what;s not to like?

(h,h!)
j.t.
April 04, 2010 02:14AM
where can we see some more info on the 8000?