Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

FORS GOLD AND CORE UPDATES

Posted by Nokta Detectors 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
FORS GOLD AND CORE UPDATES
December 23, 2014 04:14PM
Dear Valued Customers:

Based on customer feedbacks, we are making a few updates on our FORS Gold and CoRe models:

1. The menu rocker switches are being changed to membrane buttons. The new version will go into production the first week of January.

2. We are changing the on/off switch to a waterproof one. The new version will go into production the first week of January.

Thank you!!
Re: FORS GOLD AND CORE UPDATES
December 23, 2014 04:22PM
Are you going to update the pinpoint button...it too is a rocker...and it takes more dirt from the hands than any one of the others..

One thing I too noticed was when I would set the machine down to dig alot of times I would notice I had accidently turned on the light....it comes on easily were its located.....

You have a great ergonomic handle..Best I have felt..

Thank you for the upgrades...It means alot to us the customer for the Company to update things ...OTHER COMPANYS SHOULD TAKE NOTE OF YOUR AIM AND DRIVE..

Keith

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/23/2014 04:28PM by Keith Southern.
December 23, 2014 04:25PM
That is so cool. Both things I thought needed doing, and Nokta did it. Now of course there will be people who own the previous versions who will complain. I will not be one of them - I love this kind of responsiveness from a company. What do we want - we want companies that listen and give us what we want! I don't care what it costs if it does what I want.

Ultimately what I want is a FORS model with a forward facing control panel as is somewhat standard in the industry. Keep the batteries under arm for balance but I would like to be able to see that nice LCD readout that is tucked up against my leg and be able to reach those buttons without turning the detector on its side. I will be first in line to buy the next full blown remake of the FORS CoRe.

Anyway, good move with the new buttons and Happy New Year!
December 23, 2014 04:31PM
It seems our American detectors are taking a back seat to these new machines. When you see an opening you have to go for the brass ring but in this case it's the gold ring.

LowBoy

TAKE A LITTLE TIME KICKBACK AND WATCH SOME OF MY DETECTING VIDEO'S BELOW ON YouTube

[www.youtube.com]

If you don’t dig it, then how are you going to know what you’re missing!
How can you have your pudding if you don’t eat your meat!
December 23, 2014 04:34PM
I was thinking the other day Steve about the Great control panel we cant see..

I thought maybe a mod was in order...take the machine flip it on its side so control panel is on top sort of have it like a Whites SL box...then at least you could look down and see the LCD screen while hunting....

but yes a factory 2x4 screen set on top of the handle with all buttons there with board and batterys in a weatherproff box on the bottm would be AWESOME...Even put the pinpoint,ground grab,and light button and adjustment switches on a deck like the ATX has and the screen in front..

Keith
December 23, 2014 04:35PM
I am a little less thrilled with the handle than you Keith. I do not like having my finger placed to always be resting over the pinpoint button. I end up gripping the detector with three fingers and my thumb and the fact is I almost never use a pinpoint function anyway. I do not need it at all in general mode. And I found that tapping the ground balance button on top of the handle while I am in DI2 puts the machine into General Mode for a minute, so I use and prefer that for pinpointing anyway. I also accidentally toggle the LED light a lot. I would prefer a redesigned handle with a slightly wider top that would accommodate three small membrane type switches next to each other that could access various functions directly. Right now it could simply be pinpoint, ground balance, and LED light. A more advanced model someday would allow the user to program what function each button serves. Maybe I would prefer to ditch pinpoint in favor of toggling through Gain settings or better yet the basic Mode selections.
December 23, 2014 04:38PM
Ha, ha, we are messaging over each other. Yeah, I think most of us want screen and controls up front. I know I do.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/23/2014 04:39PM by Steve Herschbach.
December 23, 2014 05:33PM
Yes pinpoint is in the wrong place..needs to be like a Whites MXT or F75 toggle switch hanging ...I do find it uncomfortable to rest my finger on it....

I like the feel of the handle but the switches are in the worng place from the light to the pinpoint....

Again a deck on top of the handle with all buttons membrane ala ATX....with LCD screen in front of it wiht pinpoint hanging below deck in fron of hand would create almsot the perfect package...

but that would take a lot of retooling ....

What do you think LOL!!

Keith
December 23, 2014 06:06PM
On the ATX that large button in the middle of the handle mounted control set is the pinpoint. Eliminates a trigger switch from getting hit or broken. Operates with thumb instead.
December 23, 2014 11:31PM
I picked up a used one today. I saw this thread before I bought, but I decided to take the plunge anyways. I'll check it out and see if it is a keeper when we get a warm day.
December 24, 2014 01:19AM
I am curious to hear what you think goodmore. Mine seems to work ridiculously well just turning it on, ground balancing, and go. Don't touch anything, just use it in default DI2 dual tone mode and default gain of 50. The temptation is to bump the gain higher but 50 on the Nokta seems to equate 80 or more on the F75. Crazy hot on low conductors.

I actually kinda sorta do not like the physical layout of the machine personally, so I have been trying to talk myself out of it. Then I use it and, well, the darn thing just works real well.
December 24, 2014 02:00AM
Steve you said it all. I just turn it on, GB, and switch to DI3 and hunt. Ridiculously easy and works wonderfully. I absolutely love the feel of the detector and care not to even look at the side display. The machine is a sound giant to me in DI3 it's all about the ears then check out the "most accurate TID" I've ever laid my eye's on when you hear the right sound.
December 24, 2014 02:35PM
I agree with Steve on the handle also....dont like my index finger on the pinpoint button, but also the forward angle of the control grip is too aggresive for me. Every time out i would get wrist pain, after one long hunt, ended up with tendonitis for several days. THAT is the only reason I sold mine. Fix that and I would buy another in a heartbeat
December 24, 2014 02:52PM
I wished they would work on the pinpoint depth. It is setup for a 1" coin in soil over there. I have several read a lot deeper than they actually are. But sometimes this make me happy because I did not want to dig that deep anyway.
Now I just do the coil wiggle, and dont even pinpoint... saves a lot of time....

Tom in SC
December 24, 2014 02:58PM
Try being a southpaw with that machine!!
I found I dig better with the left so learned to swing a detector with the right even though it was against my natural tendency.
For years I chuckled about fishing partners as they complained that the standard bait casting reel was designed by a lefty and the manufacturers finally heard them---now I can't sell my used ones because right handers are available. Try to sell a left handed compound bow sometime.
Waiting for the redesigned model. smiling smiley
December 24, 2014 03:26PM
shoveler Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Try being a southpaw with that machine!!
> I found I dig better with the left so learned to
> swing a detector with the right even though it was
> against my natural tendency.
> For years I chuckled about fishing partners as
> they complained that the standard bait casting
> reel was designed by a lefty and the manufacturers
> finally heard them---now I can't sell my used ones
> because right handers are available. Try to sell a
> left handed compound bow sometime.
> Waiting for the redesigned model. smiling smiley

Hello...We made the following announcement in November and we are sorry that we did not post it on this forum, we will right after this post:

FORS GOLD & CoRe FOR LEFT HANDED PEOPLE
We have come across some customer feedbacks on some forums regarding FORS not being able to be used by left handed people easily so as the manufacturer we have decided to offer a modified version of FORS for left handed people on request. This will be done at no additional charge to the customer. The lead time will be around 7-10 days.
December 24, 2014 07:08PM
Is there going to be a chance to upgrade older units? I know that word upgrade can be a horrible word on this forum, but I need to ask.
December 24, 2014 08:00PM
Dear Nokta...

Will you have a detector with USB port for internet updates in 2015?...
December 25, 2014 06:51PM
Do you know when the new updated units will be for sale at Kellyco? Thanks
December 26, 2014 10:24AM
We do not think we will make any software updates to the device in 2015 as it has been performing very well around the world.
But we are thinking of having USB port on our future upper level detectors.

For the hardware updates on FORS - the performance of the device is not affected so there is really no need to upgrade the old ones BUT if you have any issues whatsoever with your device, please contact us directly and we will resolve it right away!

And all the other suggested changes are already iplemented on our new device RACER that will be launched under our MAKRO brand.

Should you have any more questions, please do not hesitate to contact us at dilek@noktadetectors.com
December 26, 2014 03:24PM
If I buy a detector I want assurance I am getting all the performance I paid for, and so when we get situations where a software or firmware change occurs that changes the actual performance of the detector, a free upgrade for all purchasers in the last 6 months would be nice. Though no matter where you set the cut off there will be disgruntled users, but they can be handled on a case by case basis.

However, if I buy a detector that has physical features that I knew about when I bought the machine then I think I get what I bought. For instance, if I buy a detector with a two piece rod then a month later the manufacturer changes to a three piece rod. Nothing about the way the detectors finds targets changes, my detector still works just as well. In cases like this I would be happy to pay a nominal upgrade fee if I want the new feature, or I can just take a pass. I may be just fine with my two piece rod, I may even prefer it.

Just an opinion and a suggestion, nothing more.
December 26, 2014 04:33PM
XP has set the bar high for USB software updates so do you think you can ignore them ??