Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

A Christmas repousse'

Posted by triplehooked 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
A Christmas repousse'
December 25, 2014 04:50PM
Just a quick note to wish EVRYONE a Merry Christmas and share one of my finds from this summer. This is the 1914 barber dime repousse' found on a field hunt. Here it is all cleaned up and put in a ring for my wife as a Chrismas present. It looks kinda gaudy to me, but the wife loves it.

Re: A Christmas repousse'
December 25, 2014 05:02PM
Now if you could just go and find a genuine 1901S quarter. It could be manufactured into a necklace piece and look real nice when worn with the ring. I'm sure the wife would love it too.
Happy Holidays!
December 25, 2014 05:34PM
I like it too.
December 25, 2014 08:51PM
Hi,,,man that looks good.... Is that an optical dellusion I'm seeing cause it kinda looks 3D....JJ
December 25, 2014 09:12PM
Lol...no optical illusion. It was originally a barber dime that was pressed out who knows when. It has a matron's face now in 3D. The jeweler wanted $200 to have it cleaned and set in a ring. I ended up cleaning and setting it myself. Only cost me $40! Not too shabby if I may say so....lol.

Thanks all
December 25, 2014 09:17PM
Like the POP OUT coins ..yours is nice..

They were popular around the turn of the century..

you put it in a machine like at say a fair and it pressed it into mold ...

Keith
December 25, 2014 09:30PM
Thanks Keith. It's one of my favorite dug coins. Recovering it from an iron thick site that multiple detectors and a couple detectorists had hunted is just icing on the cake.