Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Fisher Labs Customer Service (5 stars)

Posted by Kevin B 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Fisher Labs Customer Service (5 stars)
December 25, 2014 09:45PM
I wanted to put this Teknetics G2 through its paces before making this post. And I want to give credit where credit is due.
I puchased this Teknetics G2 in used condition. It was getting very chattery and falsed badly. So I called First Texas (Fisher Labs) and asked to speak with Felix. After explaining my problem, he gave my an R.A. number and I shipped it off. It was gone for about a week and a few days. It came back to me in a fully functional way.
THE REPAIR costed me nothing!!!! I have since found a Barber dime and a few CW bullets with it. Along with some unidentified pieces that look old.
I give Fisher Labs Customer Service a complete 5 STARS for how they handled my case. They don't know me from Adam, and yet they seemed pleased to fix my unit and get me back into the field. I truly appreciate stuff like that. I really do.
Re: Fisher Labs Customer Service (5 stars)
December 25, 2014 10:22PM
Now before we all box up our dodgy second hand detectors and shp,them off to Felix for free repairs, please keep in mind,that Kevin buys a new detector every two weeks. H's probably a celebrity at First Texas!!! LOL

MERRY Christmas Kevin!

Rick Kempf
Gold Canyon AZ- where there is no gold
December 25, 2014 10:43PM
2 sides to a coin...I bought a new cz21 and went to Jamaica with it and I had owned it apx 2 weeks. The battery compartment leaked and I had never opened the compartment. Felix after I had sent it in said the cost would be 137.00. I explained that it had never been opened. After talking to higher ups they finally said no charge. Not much of a warranty due to the fact that was the way I received the cz 21.. Was not happy with the initial response from them... Just another example of what happened..........
December 26, 2014 04:22AM
lytle78 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Now before we all box up our dodgy second hand
> detectors and shp,them off to Felix for free
> repairs, please keep in mind,that Kevin buys a new
> detector every two weeks. H's probably a
> celebrity at First Texas!!! LOL
>
> MERRY Christmas Kevin!

yeah! scuttlebutt says the president has a signed picture of him
on the wall in his office!..(hot damn!)..(lol)

(h.h.!)
j.t.
December 26, 2014 04:37PM
ROTFLing!!!!! Oh my gosh, I never thought of that!!! Of everyone boxing up their unit and sending in for free repair! I may have started a crap-storm!!!! (Sorry F.T.).
Let me go ahead and relate another story: I had a Teknetics Omega. I was hunting in a field by the river. The river has a HIGH bank. I was about to descend said bank. I did. But MUCH too fast. I landed on Omega. Continued hunting but something was clearly wrong with it. It would go haywire and numbers would be flashing across the screen even if I held coil off of ground with gain/threshhold at 50%. I called Felix. And as I did with the recent G2, I explained that I would gladly pay to have it fixed.....that the fault was mine.....etc etc etc. I sent it in. They swapped the speaker jack. (WHAT?@!!!) I got the Omega back. Still going bannanas!!! I called back. And sent back. They fixed it this time. Both times where "NO CHARGE". Butthe Omega WAS purchased brand new by me and I included the reciept in the box.
But Customer Service aside: I wish (like many among us) that I could purchase an F75SE2 and KNOW that I was getting a good one. I am trying to give them time to empty the shelves at the warehouses and then restock. Maybe in about two months? But by then, who knows what wioll be tickling the fancy.
Nevertheless.......Happy New Year to all Forum members!!!!!
December 26, 2014 04:45PM
Are you and Felix related in any way?????????????????lol
December 26, 2014 06:20PM
lytle78 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Now before we all box up our dodgy second hand
> detectors and shp,them off to Felix for free
> repairs, please keep in mind,that Kevin buys a new
> detector every two weeks. H's probably a
> celebrity at First Texas!!! LOL
>
> MERRY Christmas Kevin!
hahaha,that cracked me up!
December 26, 2014 07:23PM
In my experience Felix has always been willing and able to help quickly and as efficiently as possible - no complaints from me. Of course I worked the service counter myself so tend to be very forgiving of people that get yelled at regularly and generally for no fault of their own.

"I wish (like many among us) that I could purchase an F75SE2 and KNOW that I was getting a good one."

You hit the nail on the head there Kevin. I do not like feeling like I am just making a bet that hopefully I will get a good detector.
December 26, 2014 07:26PM
Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to you too Deathray. True, I have invested quite a bit in Tek G2's (4 or 5??), Fisher Gold Bug Pro DP (1), F75SE (2), T2SE (1), and on and on. But I have yet to be asked to be a Field Tester. Y'all have clearly caught me in the outright act of attempting to plant a big juicy smooch on F.T.'s hind-end. I was hoping that they would read my glowing report and say to themselves: "Let's send him our new Flagship for testing!!!" (But after thinking this strategy through, I think that First Texas might very well be afraid that I would place the prototype up for sale 5 or 6 days after I recieved it. Well......I tried. But now, I have compromised my dignity......you know......with the "smooching" remark. LOL!!!!!!!!!
But in all seriousness, I DID think that it was might nice of Felix to not charge me (or whoever makes those decisions).
Y'all have a great day!!!! I am going to a VERY VERY naily spot in town......within about 20 yards from where I found the Martingale Heart with Eagle and 13 stars. Wish me luck. I have the 5x10 coil all hooked up. A fresh battery. And a determination. Maybe I can bring back a keeper of ANY kind. Heck, I'll even take a piece of camp lead!!!!
December 27, 2014 12:27AM
Steve H, for some reason your post didn't show up after Deathray's. I wasn't trying to ignore you. In fact, when I clicked on this thread, I immediately got embarrassed that it appeared as if I just flat out ignored you. But that would never be the case. I appreciate your posts as much as anyone's!! Please know that.
And to the rest of the replyers.....I appreciate all of your replys!!!! And I was TOTALLY KIDDING about trying to kiss F.T.'s hind-end so that they would let me be a Field Tester. Heck, I am realistic enough to know that I'm not even a blip on their radar screen. Besides, I might very well be switching loyalties.....again(lol).....due to the fact that Nokta is getting on here and interacting with us. I cannot wait for the Nokta RACER to get over here!!!!
December 27, 2014 02:37PM
Personally have dealth with old and new Fisher and always received good service after the sale. Of course am sure there are negative reports out there depending on the situation...