Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

racer

Posted by basstrackerman 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
racer
December 26, 2014 12:16PM
The new Makro Racer will have the same performance -if not better in some circumstances - as the FORS delivered in a more elegant and lighter design.
It will come in a standard and a pro pack like the FORS but we are not including the large coil in the pro pack this time because most people prefer the medium and the small ones and we also want the pro pack to be at an affordable price point for most users. The large coil will be sold separately. We will also have optional bluetooth headphones available for the unit.

This is amazing! I cant wait to try it out.. Wonder how long we have to wait to get our hands on this detector..
Re: racer
December 26, 2014 12:24PM
they sound great. I am getting one asap...going to call today to the dist. and see what he has to say about production and availability.....they sound great....black and grey sounds best

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/26/2014 12:37PM by sonny(IN).
December 26, 2014 12:27PM
might be a few deus traded in....
December 26, 2014 01:17PM
May be a few everything traded in lol
December 26, 2014 01:51PM
Iwas going to buy a 1,300 Drone to play with but now having 2nd thoughts.. Maybe Racer instead and hopefully a little change back?????????????????
December 26, 2014 01:52PM
I am going to get one also....I wonder if we could talk Nokia/makro into doing a special purchase deal for this forums members? It is looking like we will have quite a few wanting one.
December 26, 2014 02:03PM
sounds great.....work on that...lol
December 26, 2014 02:07PM
I'm so glad there are guys on here who have the "just jump in the water" attitude. If you get a unit you don't care for, you roll with it and move on. Some of us, because of certain circumstances, aren't able to be like that or do that. You are the ones that lead the way through the maze of detectors so guys like me can make a better decision for our needs in a detector.
It would be a slow and boring climb to the top without you fellows. I look foreword to reading about your results.... Sincerely.
December 26, 2014 02:39PM
sonny(IN) Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> sounds great.....work on that...lol

Lol...it's worth a try. XP did a pretty darn good introductory deal on the deus when it first came to the USA didn't they? my memory could be wrong though....

Steve and Keith might have a little pull to help so let's work on them.....hehe.

I can see it now..look at the marketing potential for Nokta/makro...

ok maybe not but maybe an exclusive for us here at Dankowski...lol

Introducing the "Makro Racer DSK Pro Pack".

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/26/2014 02:46PM by bigboar.
December 26, 2014 03:15PM
I ain't seen such excitement in a loooong time!-----I agree with Sonny--black & grey would be cool (providing the performance is there).-----Remember though---we need a U.S. based service center set up---"just in case".-----------Del
December 26, 2014 03:34PM
Dang, I'm turning into one of those leaping lemmings.
Now I gotta have one. darn!

DeepTech Vista X with 3 search coils.
Works for me
December 26, 2014 03:38PM
Yeah,Ill be a Lemming too...need a release date so know when to sell the Deus.
December 26, 2014 03:48PM
deathray Wrote:
> Yeah,Ill be a Lemming too...need a release date so
> know when to sell the Deus.

Lol---Hey Ray----You WOULDN'T sell that precious baby---would you???------I might kick the dog & sell one of my other tectors to buy one---but the Deus---I'd have to think on that one!! ha ha--------These manufacturers are torturing us folks on fixed incomes----wished I could afford to buy 'em all!!!! ha

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/26/2014 03:53PM by D&P-OR.
December 26, 2014 03:53PM
I think that is another plus for Nokta / Makro. Remember guys, you can get a FORS Pro package with three really great coils, high quality carry bag, etc. for less than most flagship detectors cost bare. This company is delivering quality and value. No need for introductory pricing when your regular price is really great to start with.

I told Keith in a PM I was worried I might turn into a fanboy for this brand. I can hardly help it though. It is not the detectors that is winning me over. It is the communications. It is refreshing to see a company engage us via the forums. Other companies flat out forbid it of their employees, or it is weird haphazard communications. Everyone disappears when real questions get asked.

I have always been puzzled that companies that live or die by ekectronics by and large have terrible websites and abysmal social media skills. This breath of fresh air from Nokta / Makro is what is winning me over. If the company is just forthright and honest they will get some serious loyalty from me. I am a big boy, I can handle bad news if that is what it has to be. But just give me the news - please?

That, my friends, is where the other brands are rapidly losing favor with me.
December 26, 2014 03:53PM
ozzie Wrote:
> I'm so glad there are guys on here who have the
> "just jump in the water" attitude. If you get a
> unit you don't care for, you roll with it and move
> on. Some of us, because of certain circumstances,
> aren't able to be like that or do that. You are
> the ones that lead the way through the maze of
> detectors so guys like me can make a better
> decision for our needs in a detector.
> It would be a slow and boring climb to the top
> without you fellows. I look foreword to reading
> about your results.... Sincerely.

Sometimes later in life you can't wait toooo long as time is more important than the money. At 69 can't wait. If don't like it sell and move on.. Not a make or break situation....Like you said different circumstances for different people...HH
December 26, 2014 04:35PM
I will keep my deus it is easy to carry and pack and super light and there are the updates. I'm sure Deus is aware of the Racer and will have to offer some software updates to stay in the game and I'm sure they will. With the Deus and a second coil you have two detectors if the Deus comes out with a smaller coil then watch out deathray you may have sold one of the best detectors out there and it would make a great backup. I'm thinking the deus and their backups are going to allow them to stay in the game for years to come. And I think the racer and other detectors that they will design may have us forgetting all about the US market

LowBoy

TAKE A LITTLE TIME KICKBACK AND WATCH SOME OF MY DETECTING VIDEO'S BELOW ON YouTube

[www.youtube.com]

If you don’t dig it, then how are you going to know what you’re missing!
How can you have your pudding if you don’t eat your meat!
December 26, 2014 04:46PM
Lawrenzo Wrote:
> I will keep my deus it is easy to carry and pack
> and super light and there are the updates. I'm
> sure Deus is aware of the Racer and will have to
> offer some software updates to stay in the game
> and I'm sure they will. With the Deus and a second
> coil you have two detectors if the Deus comes out
> with a smaller coil then watch out deathray you
> may have sold one of the best detectors out there
> and it would make a great backup. I'm thinking the
> deus and their backups are going to allow them to
> stay in the game for years to come. And I think
> the racer and other detectors that they will
> design may have us forgetting all about the US
> market
Hi Lowboy....what I want from a deus is more "punch" in iron infested areas. My Tejon has that "punch", but not the unmasking the Deus has. If I could combine the Tejon with the Deus,I would be very happy! I really dont want to spend $400 or so on a small coil either,if xp ever puts one out.
December 26, 2014 06:32PM
I really admire the DEUS and I really think it is a great detector. I can appreciate why so many people like it. Different strokes for different folks however, and I am living proof of a guy that actually prefers my detectors wired and run off a single set of batteries. As far as I am concerned for physical layout First Texas nailed it for me in developing the T2. There was money and thought went into the ergonomics and it works for me. You need weight under arm for proper balance. The problem with the Gold Bug Pro and X-Terra 705 and yes, the DEUS is because they lack that underarm weight they miss the balance - they are nose heavy, and even though they weigh less they actually do put more strain on the arm than a T2 or F75. Those are facts backed by physics, not my opinion.

I like if my batteries run low I just pop the four AA batteries out and replace and get back on with it. I can use rechargeables or alkaline or Lithium - whatever. I have no problem hooking up a wired coil that costs well under $200 and comes in every size I ever want. I like micro coils. Mainly I like a detector I can just grab and toss in my truck and not worry about as long as I have some spare AA batteries along.

I AM NOT saying that is better than a DEUS or trying to convince anyone of anything so no need to try and convince me back. Just saying what I like is all. That being the case, imitation is the sincerest form of flattery, and anyone wanting my bucks can just copy the basic T2 physical design and call it a day.

That is one really big reason I like the Racer at first sight.

From [www.tekneticst2.com]

"How difficult was it walking the line between superb ergonomics and weight vs. structural durability (on the T-2 and F-75)?"

Dave Johnson: "It took a lot of attention to detail. I was originally shooting for even lower weight. I've been studying the physiology of metal detector ergonomics for my whole career and on this product I had a blank check to get it right. There were things we had to do to get the ergonomics right that added weight. We were all betting that good ergonomics was more important than shaving every ounce, and the T2 and F75 proved us right. Nobody is saying we should have made it lighter."

From the T2 Manual:

Mechanical: S-rod with electronics housing mounted on handgrip, 3-piece breakdown, batteries under elbow, 2-way armrest adjustment — forward/backward & around forearm.
Searchcoil: 11” (28 cm) open-frame elliptical double-D, waterproof.
Batteries: 4 AA, alkaline (included).
Weight: 3.5 pounds (1.6 kg) with alkaline batteries installed.
Static Balance: force in vertical plane normal to elbow 0.47 pounds (0.22 kg).Varies with adjustment and user’s stance and arm/hand physiology.
Dynamic Balance: axial moment, 0.29 foot-pounds (0.39 newton-meters). Varies with adjustment and user’s stance and arm/hand physiology.
Sweep Effort: lateral moment 5.2 foot-pounds (7.1 newton-meters).
December 26, 2014 06:47PM
From my point of view the name does have a catch to it.
Racer,... and in red or bordeaux,... it just sounds like you're going to have fun with it.

Deus,... sounds like it will work miracles.
F75 Ltd DST,... clearly something for the smart guys,... you really need to pay attention.
CTX 3030,... sounds like Colt .45,... it sounds like it packs a punch.
AT Pro,... you need to be a Pro to handle this one.
X-terra 705,... this thing is out of this world.
Goldbug,... it collects gold

Makro Racer,... just sounds like fun,... Radio Flyer,... it just sounds promissing!

OK,... I've got too much time on my hands LOL

HH
Johnb
December 27, 2014 12:32AM
scoopjohnb Wrote:
> From my point of view the name does have a catch
> to it.
> Racer,... and in red or bordeaux,... it just
> sounds like you're going to have fun with it.
>
> Deus,... sounds like it will work miracles.
> F75 Ltd DST,... clearly something for the smart
> guys,... you really need to pay attention.
> CTX 3030,... sounds like Colt .45,... it sounds
> like it packs a punch.
> AT Pro,... you need to be a Pro to handle this
> one.
> X-terra 705,... this thing is out of this world.
> Goldbug,... it collects gold
>
> Makro Racer,... just sounds like fun,... Radio
> Flyer,... it just sounds promissing!
>
> OK,... I've got too much time on my hands LOL

LOL!!!! Good one!!!
December 27, 2014 09:30PM
Steve Herschbach Wrote:
> I really admire the DEUS and I really think it is
> a great detector. I can appreciate why so many
> people like it. Different strokes for different
> folks however, and I am living proof of a guy that
> actually prefers my detectors wired and run off a
> single set of batteries. As far as I am concerned
> for physical layout First Texas nailed it for me
> in developing the T2. There was money and thought
> went into the ergonomics and it works for me. You
> need weight under arm for proper balance. The
> problem with the Gold Bug Pro and X-Terra 705 and
> yes, the DEUS is because they lack that underarm
> weight they miss the balance - they are nose
> heavy, and even though they weigh less they Well I like new innovation and creative ideas.I don't like the cables, would rather be wireless.Notka hasn't proven themselves to anyone but a hand full of people.Yet everyone is falling all over just on hear say.Is there 20 people useing Notkas on this forum?What has Fisher,Whites,Garrett done recently to get anyones attention.Trade the Deus,I need a backup.
> actually do put more strain on the arm than a T2
> or F75. Those are facts backed by physics, not my
> opinion.
>
> I like if my batteries run low I just pop the four
> AA batteries out and replace and get back on with
> it. I can use rechargeables or alkaline or Lithium
> - whatever. I have no problem hooking up a wired
> coil that costs well under $200 and comes in every
> size I ever want. I like micro coils. Mainly I
> like a detector I can just grab and toss in my
> truck and not worry about as long as I have some
> spare AA batteries along.
>
> I AM NOT saying that is better than a DEUS or
> trying to convince anyone of anything so no need
> to try and convince me back. Just saying what I
> like is all. That being the case, imitation is the
> sincerest form of flattery, and anyone wanting my
> bucks can just copy the basic T2 physical design
> and call it a day.
>
> That is one really big reason I like the Racer at
> first sight.
>
> From
> [www.tekneticst2.com]
> ngardinerinterview.htm
>
> "How difficult was it walking the line between
> superb ergonomics and weight vs. structural
> durability (on the T-2 and F-75)?"
>
> Dave Johnson: "It took a lot of attention to
> detail. I was originally shooting for even lower
> weight. I've been studying the physiology of metal
> detector ergonomics for my whole career and on
> this product I had a blank check to get it right.
> There were things we had to do to get the
> ergonomics right that added weight. We were all
> betting that good ergonomics was more important
> than shaving every ounce, and the T2 and F75
> proved us right. Nobody is saying we should have
> made it lighter."
>
> From the T2 Manual:
>
> Mechanical: S-rod with electronics housing mounted
> on handgrip, 3-piece breakdown, batteries under
> elbow, 2-way armrest adjustment —
> forward/backward & around forearm.
> Searchcoil: 11” (28 cm) open-frame elliptical
> double-D, waterproof.
> Batteries: 4 AA, alkaline (included).
> Weight: 3.5 pounds (1.6 kg) with alkaline
> batteries installed.
> Static Balance: force in vertical plane normal to
> elbow 0.47 pounds (0.22 kg).Varies with adjustment
> and user’s stance and arm/hand physiology.
> Dynamic Balance: axial moment, 0.29 foot-pounds
> (0.39 newton-meters). Varies with adjustment and
> user’s stance and arm/hand physiology.
> Sweep Effort: lateral moment 5.2 foot-pounds (7.1
> newton-meters).
December 27, 2014 10:38PM
beau61 said

"Well I like new innovation and creative ideas.I don't like the cables, would rather be wireless.Notka hasn't proven themselves to anyone but a hand full of people.Yet everyone is falling all over just on hear say.Is there 20 people useing Notkas on this forum?What has Fisher,Whites,Garrett done recently to get anyones attention.Trade the Deus,I need a backup."

Sorry beau61, already sold and gone. It seems no matter how hard I go out of my way to express that I can understand why DEUS owners like them, DEUS owners cannot tolerate people liking anything but a DEUS. Why is that?
December 27, 2014 11:12PM
Very well put.....That is a great question
December 27, 2014 11:13PM
The deus cost so much no one wants to admit that they would trade or sell it..but you have to really understand this machine it has taken me two months. I was hunting in a carpet of nails the nails were singing high tone. But as Keith has said over and over again listen to how it hits on nails it clips and has a very very short beep with different sound and then lets go and it is hard to get it to repeat again..Well I got it today heard what he was taking about and could pull out other targets. I was wondering how the machine was programed to do that but I now understand it.

LowBoy

TAKE A LITTLE TIME KICKBACK AND WATCH SOME OF MY DETECTING VIDEO'S BELOW ON YouTube

[www.youtube.com]

If you don’t dig it, then how are you going to know what you’re missing!
How can you have your pudding if you don’t eat your meat!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/28/2014 01:02AM by Lawrenzo.
December 28, 2014 12:36AM
When I purchased the Fors Core, I had a Deus and a CTX 3030. After two weeks using the Fors, I sold the Deus, After a few more weeks and seeing the depth of the Fors , I sold the CTX 3030. Now I had enough money to purchase the Makro CF77, F75 LTD2, The Makro pinpointer and I may have enough left to get the Racer and a good lunch.

On a side note: The CTX3030 is one of the best machines I have ever owned. I will most likely own another one some day. the Deus is state of the art but I think they need to give it more punch in the ground.

Tom in SC
December 28, 2014 01:40AM
I like the Deus Steve...alot...but totally understand why your not a fan... its a great machine for sniffing out targets in iron,but unless youra relic hunter(gold rush era camps in my case) it will probably not make a person go WOW!!. Ray
December 28, 2014 02:07AM
Hi Steve,I wasn't after your Deus just being fastuous,I have a Deus.Just people jumpimg on a bandwagon that hasen't been playing too long.Still has a cable on the Racer so to me Notka still has a way to go.They really have to do something with that off switch on their pinpointer,and their vibration mode which isn't silent( I assume vibration mode means silent search).
December 28, 2014 02:15AM
I am told that XP here in the States will be doing the warranty work for Makro....go figure Is there a link somewhere.

Tom in SC
December 28, 2014 02:36AM
Well beau, it ain't like XP has been around long either. There is nothing inherently superior in a wireless coil and while you may view it as a plus, I view it as a liability. I rebel at the idea that everyone should all own one detector. Sorry, give me diversity and choice any day of the week.

It is not like I drop in on every thread and tell everyone using a VLF that they are wimps because I use a PI. Every VLF made is a underperformer and bit player in my world. And in fact if I had to bet on it even in the world of VLF my bets would be on Minelab before XP. If there is a company that is going to wow me with truly ground breaking depth and target id in a detector it will probably be them.

Just my opinion of course.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/28/2014 02:48AM by Steve Herschbach.
December 28, 2014 03:11AM
Steve Herschbach Wrote:
>
> Sorry beau61, already sold and gone. It seems no
> matter how hard I go out of my way to express that
> I can understand why DEUS owners like them, DEUS
> owners cannot tolerate people liking anything but
> a DEUS. Why is that?

Can't figure that one out myself, maybe because they feel the machine is totally adjustable.
It therefore will conquer any detecting situation?

A few wires have gone missing, but it's still a coil on the end of a stick. Does that make it superior?
Or do I again need to add wires to go detecting knee deep in a stream?

You even have people try to go diving with the thing, ever push a button with 5 mm neoprene gloves on?

If you could get it to work decent on a wet salty beach, why would us beach hunters swear by an Excal or CZ21?

Flip a few settings and it handles mineral like a PI unit,... keep on dreaming.

It's just a Deus,... and you need perfect hearing and months of training to understand the thing.
Especially when you start looking at the ID numbers it starts talking CHTi "French Dialect most French people can't even understand".

But because it's a Deus, just because is the God of all detectors. People try ever so hard to understand it's mysterious ways.

They should add an adendum to the manual stating.
"If the ground balance is off by just a few points, it will ID and tone shift"

Come on guys, is that really the best you can do and then let it loose on continent of bottlecap and canslaw battling coin hunters ????

So, now I've had my little Hitler Rant. I'm going to take my X-terra 705 or Fisher F5 and head for a tot-lot :-)

HH
Johnb