Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Makro pinpointer

Posted by beau61 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Makro pinpointer
December 26, 2014 06:02PM
Got one Xmas Eve and it is alright,will take some getting use to.First think they could lose the carrying case and strap,nice but....,In vibration mode vibrates in hole and can't tell which direction to head,with audio can tell immeditatly where to go,that will take some pratice.The onoff switch should be like turning on the light switch,click on click off, holding for a couple of seconds for the 6 beeps,they have to lose that also.I dig wheres theres heavy dew all winter long,,doesn't take long digging where everything is muddy,I like quick turn on and off to keep up with my digging pace,Makro slows me down a bit. Still like the Garrett better,won't quit the Makro but when i'm digging for an hour only its the Garrett.
Re: Makro pinpointer
December 27, 2014 11:53AM
Had mine for about 2 months now. Never had a issue after learning how to operate it. I've had several in the past and this one feels like it's made to get out in the field...not feeling like I'm going to break something.
December 27, 2014 04:28PM
Yes same with me not a turn on and go like the garrett and not sure if any deeper. Yes water proof but not all that great. I got it as a back backup. I have the uniprobe as my first pointer and very happy with it as a PA it is very deep.

LowBoy

TAKE A LITTLE TIME KICKBACK AND WATCH SOME OF MY DETECTING VIDEO'S BELOW ON YouTube

[www.youtube.com]

If you don’t dig it, then how are you going to know what you’re missing!
How can you have your pudding if you don’t eat your meat!
December 27, 2014 09:16PM
I got the Makro mainly for the vibration mode so I could search in silence.I dig 100+ targets each outing.When I'm useing it in vibration mode turning it on and off its 700 beeps,whats the point of silent search,throw that out the window.WHILE in vib. mode, on and off switch should be in vib mode also.Also virbrates off in vib mode whenever pointed upward.I like all the other features,is sorta rugget,but haveing to hold the off button and the 6 beeps( what was wrong with 1 beep) and the not silent search in vibration mode.....
December 27, 2014 10:21PM
I have a 3 month old garrett pinpointer, I'll trade you.
December 28, 2014 02:13AM
If I wanted to trade I would have said so,I said not giving up on it, but to me the Garrett is better to use.I have 3 Garrett pinpionters,1 pistol probe pointer and the Makro,will be getting the new Garrett when it comes out.