Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Which one to buy, starting to get confusing? CF77, Racer or CoRe:

Posted by Frank in NH 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Which one to buy, starting to get confusing? CF77, Racer or CoRe:
December 26, 2014 08:26PM
They all sound good!
Re: Which one to buy, starting to get confusing? CF77, Racer or CoRe:
December 26, 2014 08:31PM
Confusing? Should I get a Gold Bug or a Gold Bug Pro or a Gold Bug DP or a G2 or a F19 or the new upcoming G2? And what is the difference between the F75 Special Edition and F75 Limited Edition? Assuming of course you know which version of the Limited Edition I am talking about!

My money is on the Racer.
December 26, 2014 08:39PM
Steve Herschbach Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Confusing? Should I get a Gold Bug or a Gold Bug
> Pro or a Gold Bug DP or a G2 or a F19 or the new
> upcoming G2? And what is the difference between
> the F75 Special Edition and F75 Limited Edition?
> Assuming of course you know which version of the
> Limited Edition I am talking about!
>
> My money is on the Racer.

LoL!

Mine too!
December 26, 2014 08:51PM
Frank in NH Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> They all sound good!

First of all thank you because all 3 listed are Nokta/Makro products so we would like to assist you as the manufacturer of all 3! CF77 is an analog device. If you simply want depth and do not care about a screen or TIDs etc, CF77 is the way to go. It is also very reasonably priced. FORS on the other hand offers you a lot more! I can confidently say that it is one of the best VLF detectors in the market with some unique features that no other detector has. FORS has some very good reviews and users have been finding targets that they have missed with other detectors. You can browse thru forums to read user comments. RACER is not yet released. Performance will be as good as FORS but a totally different design, different coils, different frequency etc.We are sure we will have the same success with RACER but then again only our customers will be able to vouch for that!
December 26, 2014 10:02PM
Nokta Detectors thanks for the informative reply. It is winter here so have plenty of time to decide. Also which of my eight detectors to sell. Frank in NH
December 27, 2014 01:39AM
Frank if they have something better than the CoRe it'll stand the detecting world on it's heels. I've never ran anything that picks a place apart like this machine and I'm still learning it for sure. You can ask for an infinitely adjustable detector like the Deus but it speaks volumes just being able to turn one on, GB, select the mode and tear someplace apart that has been detected a lot and find stuff nothing else has seen in the ground. Nokta doesn't build junk from what I see in this machine. Makes ya wonder why some companies make almost toy like detectors and charge a premium price. Nokta is above the rest imo.............
December 27, 2014 11:41AM
Frank, like we spoke of on the phone...I was set on the 75 but after checking the CF77 out I felt it a better unit for the way I hunt. Then I discovered the Core so the 77 to a back seat. Most companies I would hold off on the next best thing but after what I've seen and read about Nokta/Makro I would buy without a doubt. Like I said in another post, glad it's winter and the hunting is hit and miss right now.
December 29, 2014 12:31AM
Anyone know the operating frequency of the CF77?
December 29, 2014 12:49AM
Specifications
Coil type: Double-D
Operation system: VLF
Frequency: 17.5kHz
Ground setting: Manual
Headphone output: quarter inch mono
Pole length: 127-152cm (50-60 inches)
Battery life: Maximum 30 hours
Weight: 1.64 kilos (3.5lb with C28 coil

Tom in SC