Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Nokta,,,,,, I have a question

Posted by tnsharpshooter 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Nokta,,,,,, I have a question
December 28, 2014 04:38AM
I read your post talking about the upgrade to switches with production starting early 2015. The question I have is when a person orders one of the FORS or CoRe units say later next year sometime how will a person know if they are in fact going to receive the latest and greatest units?
I mean are you going to suspend unit sales and recall in stock units to your repair facilities and upgrade them or just let them (the older style switch units to be bought as is).
Or will the upgraded units be identified with different model or version number???
Re: Nokta,,,,,, I have a question
December 28, 2014 06:03AM
Good question tn...I'd like to hear what they have to say about it too.

Charles
December 28, 2014 06:16AM
I'm surprised someone else hadn't already ask the question. Would be good to know. Even when buying say a used one too.
December 28, 2014 02:27PM
Here in the states you will have to purchase the detector from the big K. Or go to Ebay and buy directly from Turkey. So I think control of stock will be a non issue here.
December 28, 2014 02:31PM
they do need to handle the transition properly. the older units should be id'ed as such (at Kellyco) and sold at a discount, new versions should be advertised as such.
the logistics/costs involved with returning units to Turkey wouldn't be feasible.

it really pisses me off that the Canadian distributor is selling old model F75's this late in the game at the same prices with nothing said about the new versions....they should id the old units and sell them at a hefty discount...
December 28, 2014 02:41PM
I figure Nokta will handle the transition properly. And I also think come say next June there may be more dealers in US other than Big K. We all know what can happen with these "so-called" updated detectors. So I will await a response from Nokta.
December 28, 2014 02:42PM
On the F75 discount issue...I've seen more people wanting the older stock non upgrade versions more so than I have people wanting the upgraded ones.
December 28, 2014 03:24PM
I feel very sure Nokta will identify the stock without the membrane switches. then it might be as simple as changing out a faceplate and just plugging the new in possibly. I've got my CoRe and will just wait this one out. It makes ya'll wonder because of all the bait and switch FT has put some of you through is the reason. I'm slap tickled to death with an up front company that will bend over backwards from what I've seen to make things right and if you are a Deus user and know Moe at Detector Electronics your in better hands than a baby in your mothers arms. I have no worries not one little smidgen..............
December 28, 2014 03:31PM
Jack would love to see some video of your unit with stock coil mounted over some deep coins. How's the battery life on the CoRe unit? And how does it handle big iron?
December 28, 2014 09:28PM
Jack on another note how about rusty bottle caps?
December 29, 2014 12:04AM
I've ran the stock coil for about 3 hrs on a old home lot I had ran the small coil over. Haven't thought about it but I did get another hand full of coins just trying it out. It hits very hard and separates real well in what most would call heavy ferrous metal. I kid you not if anyone wants to get they brain unraveled come hunt with us for one day. Actually the lot I ran the stock coil in is the same lot I did the couple of other videos in. Go look and listen to the amount of signals in the ground. That's very mild compared to what we hunt most of the time. Battery life, after 24-25 hrs it is still at full scale on the readout. Handling iron just might make the Deus blush imo, I've got a Deus, well it could not handle what we hunt. Way to much modern trash and more nails than Home Depot gents, big iron, small and just trash. We even have some thick glass that is just everywhere that rings up on the detector. I imagine some type of lead glass I guess IDK. Everything you can imagine metal is in the ground, like I said come hunt with us for a thrill ride. This machine to me is not like anything I've ever ran. It locks onto conductive targets like a tick on a beagle, a fat lady on a donut. TID is a step above and I've had every ML except the CTX and they are superb identifiers. I personally, again, think it is faster than my Deus or either they have the market cornered on magnificent coil design, I'm sure it is speed. I'm not having new a new detector love affair guys my finds have soared like no other in the trashiest places you can imagine. DI2 is great but DI3 is a breakthrough for me. Never seen anything like it. Better than running an Etrac is all I can equate it to with the sounds it makes on targets going from one to the other all over the spectrum. I don't even look at the TID until it sounds right anymore and you can hear that good modulating going on with every sweep in the heavy trash we hunt. Let's put it this way when one of my Ghetto Digger comrades said today, quote, "that was a good investment huh!" he sees what is happening also. Now Frank, I must say, I have not thought about it but I haven't dug maybe a couple of rusty bottle caps, they are there I see em everywhere. They do not sound good at all on the machine, very identifiable. They crackle period with an iron kinda breakthrough sound. Now aluminum caps that screw on I dug quite a few but realized they have for a lack of better words a fuzzy sound I call it but some sound SO good I'm gonna dig them sometimes. However the TID jumps more than usual and I can about call em seems like. The thing that is uncanny is the amount of rusted nails, iron pieces, just crumpled rusty objects I'm getting coins and conductive items through and around. Like I said it's not new machine envy my finds have went through the roof. I'm going to say if you run this machine without a great set of headphones you are missing a LOT. I'm to the point you'll have to pry this machine from my cold dead hands. If Nokta comes out with anything better, I just don't think they can..............
December 29, 2014 12:14AM
Good info. How weather proof is the machine discounting the switches that will be upgraded on later units?? I do like the 3 coils supplied with the pro pack too. Sounds like an interesting detector.
December 29, 2014 12:27AM
Jack, are you in PA? that corn crib looking bldg. in your picture is awful familiar. Would be funny if it was an area I also hunt.
December 29, 2014 12:43AM
I've got the cover on it and got rained on several times today with no problem. That corn crib looking think is across the street in middle Georgia ozzie. That was my first experience with the Nokta digging a bunch of clad out of ferrous material in front of that structure.
December 29, 2014 01:20AM
Ok Jack, you're a few states away.... down near Keith.
December 29, 2014 01:55AM
So you get even better tones as far as what sounds good and what sounds bad what to dig and what no to then the Deus...Very interesting. I wonder if the new racer is going to be just as good? I have read that it will and maybe be even better but I think it is coming down to understanding the tones and how they sound. Jack did you make a video and if so can you post it again..

LowBoy

TAKE A LITTLE TIME KICKBACK AND WATCH SOME OF MY DETECTING VIDEO'S BELOW ON YouTube

[www.youtube.com]

If you don’t dig it, then how are you going to know what you’re missing!
How can you have your pudding if you don’t eat your meat!
December 29, 2014 08:46AM
tnsharpshooter Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I read your post talking about the upgrade to
> switches with production starting early 2015. The
> question I have is when a person orders one of the
> FORS or CoRe units say later next year sometime
> how will a person know if they are in fact going
> to receive the latest and greatest units?
> I mean are you going to suspend unit sales and
> recall in stock units to your repair facilities
> and upgrade them or just let them (the older style
> switch units to be bought as is).
> Or will the upgraded units be identified with
> different model or version number???

Well good question... this change does not affect the performance of the detector at all. It is totally a mechanical change therefore the older models do not need to be updated unless a customer is having an issue with it. In case of any issue, the customer can contact us directly and we guarantee the replacement. We keep track of the changes by the serial numbers. Any customer can contact us to check whether the unit is with the updated buttons or not. Then again, when a change is implemented, we also rely on our dealers to keep track of them and provide the right info to their customers. As you can imagine, it is very hard for a manufacturer that sells products to many countries around the world to have access to each customer request and control all. We emailed Kellyco and asked them the qty they have in stock. We will give you an update based on the response we get from them. Also, I asked my team to add a version number in the barcode label of the products. You basically added a topic to our weekly meeting today :-)
Will keep you updated...
December 29, 2014 11:37AM
Thank you very much. An I (We) appreciate you responding.
December 29, 2014 03:57PM
Great post/thread guys.------Jack--what brand/model of headphones are you using on the FORS Core?-----Thanks
December 29, 2014 06:24PM
They are RAT phones. Absolutely the best that were made. Notice the were part.