Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Earthmansurfer, how are you?

Posted by tnsharpshooter 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Earthmansurfer, how are you?
December 28, 2014 03:50PM
Noticed you haven't posted in a while. Are you still detecting?????????
Re: Earthmansurfer, how are you?
December 28, 2014 07:19PM
Same here how are you doing..sorry about fisher and what they didn't do to bring out a new flag ship and are redoing there old flagshig. Was hoping instead of fixing old problems they would develop a new next level flagship. I am using the deus and it has taken me two months to understand it now I want to keep it because of the updates and improvments that can be added to the machine...but a lot of talk about the Nokta and the brothers merging and a new machine coming out called the racer....any input from you??

LowBoy

TAKE A LITTLE TIME KICKBACK AND WATCH SOME OF MY DETECTING VIDEO'S BELOW ON YouTube

[www.youtube.com]

If you don’t dig it, then how are you going to know what you’re missing!
How can you have your pudding if you don’t eat your meat!
December 29, 2014 01:12AM
Memory serves me, I think Albert was last using the Russian unit and enjoying it....yes, we haven't heard from him in a while.
December 29, 2014 07:16AM
Is he still in Germany or back in the US?
December 30, 2014 04:34PM
Hey guys, thanks for the "look out". I'm doing well. I discovered music in March and have been playing the hand pan hours every day, ever since. Was actually this video that had me search hard and find a rare pan: [www.youtube.com]

I haven't been detecting this year, but taking a year off was normal for me, so I'll be back. And yes, I have a Signum and still my E-Trac and Tesoro Golden UMax. I will sell the latter two and stick with my Signum until there is a new light E-Trac or that 2 frequency Signum comes out. eheheh Was interested in that new 2 frequency Fisher that was supposed to come out 2 years ago, lol.

Life just sort of presented some new choices to me and though I really love detecting, I'm just varying my pathless path a bit. I'm sure I'll detect next year once the temperature/snow is cooperative. Neighbor called me to detect a few weeks ago, so I'll be back.

I still post from time to time here though, always watching. ;-)

Thanks for the mention,
Hope you all had a Happy Holidays and hope the New Year treats you great,
Albert
December 30, 2014 06:18PM
Muhahahahahaha the secret plan of th nazi coins finally got you
December 30, 2014 10:49PM
WOW! I thought at first you were talking about the drums? I also am thinking of getting another Guitar and start playing again not that I was any good mind you,But it is a fun relaxing hobby for the winter months hear in the Cold Midwest.
December 30, 2014 11:06PM
Happy New Year Albert!!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/31/2014 04:26AM by tnsharpshooter.
December 30, 2014 11:08PM
I rather like those hand pans Albert. Great sound with two people. I play the drums and I think the hand pans would be a lot of fun. Knowing rudiments and keeping time should be a plus. Where do you get a well tuned one? How much does a good one go for? Are the ones in the video amplified?
December 31, 2014 02:52AM
I had to take two years off due to my cancer and the bone marrow transplant. It took almost a year to be able to hunt a full day. I only hunt six months a year but I do miss it and I am in hunting season right now

LowBoy

TAKE A LITTLE TIME KICKBACK AND WATCH SOME OF MY DETECTING VIDEO'S BELOW ON YouTube

[www.youtube.com]

If you don’t dig it, then how are you going to know what you’re missing!
How can you have your pudding if you don’t eat your meat!
January 01, 2015 06:22PM
LOL Beyonder!

Happy New Years everyone.

Well said Harold - Winter sure does let you go "deep" so to speak. Music is really bringing me closer to something that... I can't english. ;-)

Ozzie - Drummers transition VERY WELL to the handpan. I got EXTREMELY lucky and bought it at cost ($2500 or so) from a friend. You just can't get a "top shelf" pan easily. You can join a forum and hopefully get on a waiting list. The only sure fire way to get a nice one is direct from a seller (person) and not manufacturer. As long as it isn't a scam, and there are some, Ebay works but you will pay a premium. A top shelf pan will run at least 2500 USD but is more normally 3500-6000 on Ebay. There just aren't many. You really only have limited possibilities due to the scales being finite (not like a piano or guitar). But again, drummers do well here.

Glad you are back Lawrenzo. Good to see you posting.

Guys - I'll post a new years song from last night later on. A bit off Topic, but some music to start the new year is nice.

Best,
Albert
January 01, 2015 07:02PM
Here you go... [www.youtube.com]
January 02, 2015 10:07AM
Albert, are you still in Germany?
January 02, 2015 08:15PM
hehe,super cool Albert,happy new year!
January 02, 2015 08:34PM
Hey goldmanjace - Yes, still in the Fatherland, lol.

Thanks liaso, I'm a work in progress. eheh
January 03, 2015 11:48AM
Albert, we should realy get together for a detecting trip. If I recall, you are in Nürburg right. I am in Ulm, we could meet as soon as the snow disapprears.