Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Wow, Racer looks sweet!

Posted by Sand dog 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Wow, Racer looks sweet!
December 30, 2014 03:01PM
Re: Wow, Racer looks sweet!
December 30, 2014 03:17PM
Yes it does
December 30, 2014 03:31PM
Any indication on price.
December 30, 2014 03:43PM
I really cannot believe how fast these images got posted here on this forum before we even made the attempt...well what can I say? Power of internet... anyway, yes we confirm that these are the pictures of the new RACER. Some of the pictures are the initial pictures taken in our factory and some of them are the professional pictures used in our brochure. Normally we would only post the professional pictures but I guess some impatient dealers who had the earlier pictures could not wait: - ) Anyway, no secrets... the only thing we want to mention is that the red on the actual units will be darker than the one in these pictures.
December 30, 2014 04:03PM
My question is who are the dealers in the USA for the new racer...going to put my name in early....A great looking detector
December 30, 2014 04:04PM
Gents it looks like the machine will be the same build quality as the CoRe also. There's no wobble in the shaft on it not a smidgen, just like a one piece shaft. Great lookin machine! If the performance follows suit as they promise it will be killer. I want some specs on it soon!!!!!
December 30, 2014 04:08PM
Headphone jack location please??? I never did see headphone cord. Wireless headphones maybe??
December 30, 2014 04:09PM
sonny(IN) Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> My question is who are the dealers in the USA for
> the new racer...going to put my name in early....A
> great looking detector

metaldetector.com is the distributor.
Check with them for the dealers.
December 30, 2014 04:11PM
It's on the end with power/volume control similar to t2/f75. They also mention Bluetooth wireless previously as well.
December 30, 2014 04:18PM
Wife's gonna KILL ME!
December 30, 2014 04:31PM
Sounds and looks like candy now the question is what will it do and do one of us get to test it? The best test will be for someone that has the other unit to compare them and see what they did to make it a better machine...

LowBoy

TAKE A LITTLE TIME KICKBACK AND WATCH SOME OF MY DETECTING VIDEO'S BELOW ON YouTube

[www.youtube.com]

If you don’t dig it, then how are you going to know what you’re missing!
How can you have your pudding if you don’t eat your meat!
December 30, 2014 04:31PM
just talked with a person at metaldetectors.com They informed me that they are going to be a repair center for the Makro detectors..........Just thought I would put this out there for you all......
December 30, 2014 04:33PM
Does anyone know the frequency of the racer? I love the pics. I can see a 2 coil pro pack with wireless headphones in my future winking smiley
December 30, 2014 04:38PM
but what does it do ? has it any kick ass features that are not already on existing machines ?
if not its just another clone of popular machines by big names
we wait for the tests ..
fancy packaging for sure ,but its the internals we want to know about and what sets it apart from the competition ???
and prices ??

my only planned new purchase is an AKA when they get the wireless phones sorted because i like the hodograph

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/30/2014 04:43PM by diggers.
December 30, 2014 04:39PM
I have a Fors CoRe I can compare to the racer when it comes out..

Keith
December 30, 2014 04:41PM
I like the coil. Look at how beefy the center section looks. Looks like they have about everything covered. I wonder if it has iron volume? Ever since I first tried the GMP, that is something that I really like.

MODE
GAIN
THRESHOLD
ID FILTER
TRACKING
FREQ SHIFT
AUDIO TONE
VIBRATION
BACKLIGHT

ALL METAL
2 TONE
3 TONE
BEACH

Tom in SC
December 30, 2014 04:41PM
Just in case someone missed it, once you load one picture on photo bucket you can arrow click through the rest.
I wondered how to engage pinpoint, multi-button push? What is the battery design? And how tempting the price!

Past(or)Tom
Using a Legend, a Deus 2, an Equinox 800, a Tarsacci MDT 8000, & a few others...
with my beloved, fading Corgi, Sadie
December 30, 2014 04:51PM
December 30, 2014 04:56PM
One thing I would like to see on the racer Pro Pack would be to include extra lower rods for each coil with hardware...it makes coil swapping so much easier...
December 30, 2014 04:59PM
XP deus did away with color screen because it eats up the battery juice which is sensible
December 30, 2014 05:10PM
diggers Wrote:
> XP deus did away with color screen because it eats
> up the battery juice which is sensible

No doubt the Racer screen is not color for a similar reason. Modern batteries pretty much solve that issue though as do newer low power color displays.

All I know is I am happy with the performance of my FORS Gold and this looks to address all my issues with physical design. The feature set looks almost identical to the FORS CoRe. Hook me up!
December 30, 2014 05:26PM
I can't wait to try this machine out. My hats off to nokta/makro for interacting with us and building the detectors we need of the highest quailty. I'm still gonna purchase a fors core when the newer models with membrane pad come out. I know we're gonna see some great machines coming from this company.
December 30, 2014 05:28PM
Sure would like to see how it will do on Keith's 10" buried dime.

My hunting partner has the Gold and at one of our favorite sites he had allot of trouble with it overloading. He is very experienced and I sure would like to see him get a unit too test.

Still wondering about price.

El
December 30, 2014 05:32PM
Tell your friend the overloading is actually "his friend" just raise the coil a couple of inches and see if it ID's. If it is all over the place he doesn't need to dig it. It's a slight adaptation we have to make. I love it because I dig way less trash.............
wjs
December 30, 2014 05:59PM
>>I wondered how to engage pinpoint, multi-button push?>>>>

Probably the trigger switch
December 30, 2014 06:19PM
wjs Wrote:
> >>I wondered how to engage pinpoint, multi-button
> push?>>>>
>
>
> Probably the trigger switch

Good call Bill.....

Just a note: and I am sure that Keith has said it several times, The soil where Keith has the 10" dime is not the best soil to detect in.
I see a lot better depth in my mild soil......

Tom in SC
December 30, 2014 06:34PM
I am a little bit disappointed. Was expecting small wheels at the bottom of the battery compartment...
December 30, 2014 08:06PM
Does anyone remember the teknetic Turbo...This kind of reminds me of that unit by the looks..
December 30, 2014 08:27PM
Don't be silly, that's on a F75!
Okay, I see it now, the little dangler didn't show up well on the smaller views in photo bucket. I did not enlarge them all on the bigger photos it is obvious that it is a boy, I mean a man's detector.

Past(or)Tom
Using a Legend, a Deus 2, an Equinox 800, a Tarsacci MDT 8000, & a few others...
with my beloved, fading Corgi, Sadie
December 30, 2014 08:35PM
Wow isn't this exciting............look at all the giddie kiddies google eyed over a metal detector that hasn't even left the factory yet.
Reminds me of the Findmall Tesoro Forum and the whenever Cazador when it was first announced....................
Only difference, the Racer is a real physical machine you can look at and is definitely coming soon.

Think my wife needs a new lightweight machine.........LOL

DeepTech Vista X with 3 search coils.
Works for me