Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

More CoRe finds, again.....

Posted by Jack Flynn 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
More CoRe finds, again.....
January 02, 2015 11:41PM
An old house lot that has been torn down for a while. Today I hunted the imaginary now, sidewalk entrance off the street. All that's there is the two corner markers left today. An area not bigger than a small truck. I've hunted there several times when I first got the CoRe from Keith. However I was hunting in DI2. DI3 is what I prefer now. Now the factor that tickles me to death. We have 5 or 6 of us probably around 400 man hours on this half acre lot. The area I hunted today has had a bunch of machines run over it many times. I've been hunting at 50 sensitivity just about all of my right at 50 hrs on the machine. I ran it up to 80 today and was surprised again at what I found and what I found it in and around with the small coil. This area, the sidewalk entrance has had the Deus with 9" coil, CTX with small coil, T2 with small coil, 705 with small coil, several Whites machines, a few Tesoros, don't keep up with them, G2 with small coil, and a couple others detect over it. This is trash heaven. Canslaw, screw on bottle caps, lot's of nails, more iron than imaginable. Trashier than any park I've ever been in by a long shot. I've slowed my sweep speed down to almost a ML crawl, not quite that slow and the CoRe is nailing the higher conductors. I'm tickled to say the least. I'm not gonna say how some of the dimes were positioned in the layer of bricks that was the driveway some 4-5 inches down. Use your imagination.......... Check out that silver earring..........

Re: More CoRe finds, again.....
January 02, 2015 11:53PM
WTG Jack with sniffing out some finds in all that stuff. You seem to really enjoy that unit.
January 03, 2015 12:01AM
Wow very impressive to say the least. What kind of depth you getting at 80 sensitivity with small coil. I Can't wait to go back over my old sites that produced early 1800s silver and reales when I get my fors.
January 03, 2015 12:42AM
After some thaw I will have to go back and slow my sweep speed at my iron spot. Indians and silver are only 5 inches deep there.
January 03, 2015 01:02AM
The Core locks on and gives a solid signal. That is what makes it what it is...... reliable

Tom in SC
January 03, 2015 02:06AM
Today I was chasing what we call sounding off on the tip of nails. Iffy signals, however understand when you would flip the plug over you would throw it on top of another matrix of Co/Fe targets still in the ground. I just mash the plug to try and spread out the dirt and metals to hit again what gave me the good signal. Kinda like you do on the beach with your foot. Gents you cannot believe how much metal is in the ground. The DI3 made it to where I don't have to literally watch the TID to see if a for lack of better words a diggable TID pops up in DI2. I'm just digging the high tones, chirps, crackles if you know what I mean. I dug two of the dimes on total edge wedged between the brick driveway that is now covered with dirt every bit of 4-5 inches. It was a pain in the butt to pry the bricks apart with my lesche shovel as they are still just laid in place. As far as depth goes Sand Dog I've dug up to seven inches at 50 sensitivity and that was a memorial still locked in the bottom of the hole and also a silver bracelet the other day. Depth is something that doesn't matter here there's so much stuff in the ground. I betcha the amount of trash would even make the most seasoned detectorist blush LOL. One of the guys that hunts with us takes a shovel and digs out about a 9 sq ft area about 2 or so inches then detects it for a while. Then digs out a little more and detects it a little bit and so on. He's using a Prism and has gotten around 115 silvers this year. It works! The key for me is the high tone but when you get that tiniest of blips and zero in on it the TID is KING! It's amazing to me even after running an ETrac for 3+ years. It can't even do that.