Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Just picked up a CZ3D

Posted by Whimpster 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Just picked up a CZ3D
January 03, 2015 11:18PM
Hi,

Just picked up a used CZ3D...Mfg date 02/23/2012,the detector is in very good condition.
I've been doing a some air testing with a 8" coil...my test coin is a 1940 merc dime..... the best I can get is 9.5" with settings in enhanced, sen 4.5 to 5, volume 5, disc 0, GB 10.
In Auto tune I get 12" with settings sen 10, vol 5, GB 10.
Is this an average depth for a newer CZ3D?
Would it be advisable to have it tuned by Tom.... or just keep it and hunt the heck out of it?
I'd have to ship it from Canada.
thanks for any response....

Cheerssmiling smiley
Re: Just picked up a CZ3D
January 03, 2015 11:54PM
Imagine Tom could squeeze some more depth out of it as certainly on the low end depth wise which is common for newer CZ3D's tuned by the Fisher....A direct PM to Tom is in order as he does more than add depth, but of course that is your call....
January 04, 2015 03:45AM
More swing time you get the more your going to like it. Had mine for a few months now thanks to Frank and still learning but having fun. If you hunt a real trashy spot look into the small coil to go with the unit.

HH
January 04, 2015 04:53AM
Hi Whimpster,,,,hey how fast are you swinging that dime it front of your coil???? # 1 snails pace..# 2 turtle crawl...# 3 earthworm wiggle....# 4 garter snake squirm....# 5 bunny rabbit hop...# 6 crayfish crawl...# 7 windshield wipe...# 8 pretty fast... # 9 kinda slow...# 10 blazing blur # 11 my hands hot...# 12 speed of light....Try increasing your speed a little and see if there's a difference....JJ
January 05, 2015 09:40PM
Thanks Dan-Pa..guess I'll give it some field time before I decide to send it off to Tom D...
Tom41..I'm going to see if I can find the small 5" coil.
Jimmyjiver..I've played with different swing speeds...found I get a bit better depth if I increase the swing speed.
But the best I can get is about 10" on a clad dime with the 8" coil.
This CZ3D seems to be able to run in disc mode with sens at 10 before I start to get any chatter at all.....
And at sensyawning smileyf 10 I can get a 10" on a mercury dime at a fast swing...at a medium or slow swing I get 9"?
Strange....
Thanks lads...
January 06, 2015 01:20AM
Hi,,,,I read that a lot of the newer 3D's are in and around the depth you are describing...That's not really that terrible especially if you have a stable running unit....If your unit is accurately displaying proper ID like a properly tuned 3D then your good to go....It's basically your call,,good luck....JJ