Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

XP Deus

Posted by tmanly 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
XP Deus
January 05, 2015 05:06PM
XP has lowered the price of the Base Deus under a $1000...... Wonder why? Maybe other units getting too much attention..... I love it!!!

Tom in SC
Re: XP Deus
January 05, 2015 05:29PM
It's not unusual to see a detector fall in price. I figure the drop is due to 2 reasons. #1 XP has sold a bunch of the machines already, more than first ever thought. #2 Yes competition. Now, let's see some complain about the price. I'm sure some will. And there may be another XP machine on the near horizon too, who knows?? The deus is already a proven machine in terms of function and dependability.
January 05, 2015 06:30PM
I'm seeing the WS5 package on ebay lowered to $1600. I think that's $400 off. WS4 @ $1500

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/05/2015 06:31PM by BamaJoe.
January 05, 2015 06:38PM
Lets see the manufactures get into a price war! The prices on many used detectors are really selling low. Number of detectorists decreasing? or are people more financially conservative?
January 05, 2015 08:44PM
Wish minelab would offer something like a ETRAC 2 with a few improvements, ergonomics being one. Sadly the CTX probably wont allow it to happen.
January 05, 2015 09:10PM
Starter bundle is still advertised @ $1428.95 at the distributor here in Canada......oh well....
January 05, 2015 09:56PM
must be the new competition appearing now ,things are about to heat up .minelab wasnt repsonsible though
January 05, 2015 11:26PM
There could be lots of reasons behind it but it really just hurts those who paid new retail the most which in today's age is either a sign of impetuousness or not having to count your pennies. Minelab did the same thing to the CTX when they offered the free coil promo which made new units available with the extra coil for $1900 and change , effectively making the price of a unit alone in the $1600 area. Nokta and Makro are undercutting one another before they even get to market here in the US---I still haven't figured that one out.

There are lots of deflationary pressures around the world and the dollar continues to gain strength--it has to be a concern for the French as well. The FED's about to find the end of the road to perdition as they're against the rock and have promised to raise rates , therefore "strengthening" the dollar , and exacerbating the issue. It's like the leper with the fewest fingers leading the masses off the cliff. Good for the people but bad for the governments so don't expect it to last long. sad smiley
January 06, 2015 01:15AM
It kinda makes it hard when selling a used unit. Speaking of which,have yall had a hard time selling used detectors for a fair price this last year? I used to post something snd have it sold within days. This last year,cant seem to sell at all...unless I sell it ridiculously low. I guess being banned from fm and not being able to log on the depot doesnt help,lol.
January 06, 2015 03:04AM
I take it back

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/06/2015 12:37PM by paul7194.
January 06, 2015 02:43PM
I wonder if it is to move units in the expectation they have something to unveil that will be the next great thing???? Not sure myself, but anyone teetering the fence now has no reason not to buy at as much as $399 off now!
January 06, 2015 05:20PM
I can't afford a new Deus machine but could buy a new controler that works with my coils so I have another unit when needed. If they designed a new controler that would work and can do things that a software update can't do then here is my cash

LowBoy

TAKE A LITTLE TIME KICKBACK AND WATCH SOME OF MY DETECTING VIDEO'S BELOW ON YouTube

[www.youtube.com]

If you don’t dig it, then how are you going to know what you’re missing!
How can you have your pudding if you don’t eat your meat!
January 06, 2015 05:30PM
Big cuts on BBH site
must be worried about competition ??
when the makro hits town it could cause an earthquake on all prices all round if its 600
January 06, 2015 10:24PM
They want sales, and the economy just plain sucks. My service biz was off 20% last year.
January 06, 2015 11:03PM
Maybe all the ''newbee yuppies'' are finally figuring out you don't get rich in this hobby like they thought. They must of went back to playing biker on their shiney new Harley's. LOL!
January 06, 2015 11:45PM
diggers Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Big cuts on BBH site
> must be worried about competition ??
> when the makro hits town it could cause an
> earthquake on all prices all round if its 600

I think the garrett AT-Pro is the 'sweet spot' for price/capability....I see lots of folks wanting/moving up to these...

If the Racer undercuts the at-pro's price and beats it in capability then it could be interesting...(the waterproof feature of the at-pro probably isn't needed/used by most folks).

really looking forward to the formal unveiling/pricing of this model....looking for a shakeup....
January 07, 2015 05:37PM
they have managed to keep their prices artfifically high but now theres some euro made machines that are a threat to their superioroty ,the racer could put the cat among the pigeons as the prices undercut the GMP and deus and if the TIDs are more reliable they will have to compete .
the deus lite is way over priced
January 07, 2015 06:55PM
Can't wait to see the Racer and it's price. I would love to try one out and depending on price I will see. I have a ACE350 which is a coin finder but other things not so much so. Don't get me wrong, the Garrett 350 is a great little detector with the most simplicity of use, or at least for me. Hopefully the Racer will be in the $600 or sub price! Betting though it will be near the FORS CoRes price range.
January 07, 2015 11:51PM
I tried to trade a Deus to BBH yesterday and he said he wouldn't even take one in right now!!!!