Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Hey Nokta How Much $ 4 The Red Revving Racer ?

Posted by jimmyjiver 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Re: Hey Nokta How Much $ 4 The Red Revving Racer ?
January 09, 2015 04:44PM
I do my research online and talk to others so I have no real need for a brick and mortar shop. I guess to each their own and reason for the spice of life.
January 10, 2015 12:27AM
If it has performance as good as the Fors CoRe for 350 to 400 bucks less wont it kill the Fors? Surely there will be less of something or some catch. Otherwise wouldn't the company be shooting itself in the foot? Am I missing something?

J
January 10, 2015 12:42AM
I made that point a few times here. The Fors had a short life. I have mine listed, but maybe I should hold onto it. It might be a rare collectors item here in the states.
January 10, 2015 01:58AM
FORS is no way at end of life. Just going to have to trust me on that.
January 10, 2015 02:32PM
we believe you for sure ,once guys buy a Racer they will want the Core as well
January 10, 2015 03:59PM
Hi diggers,

So if I understand you correctly from your multiple comments on threads regarding the FORS, you do not like the Nokta FORS detectors and think nobody else should either? Help me out here.
January 10, 2015 04:37PM
no i shall love nokta machines just need to see some tests ,then i have a racer on order.
we have seen the hype just need the hardware ,i am not sheep jumping on bandwagon .
hence you will want both machines ,thats pretty clear and unambiguous i should have thought
January 10, 2015 04:48PM
I apologize, I thought you were being sarcastic. Since Racer is basically a FORS in a lighter weight more ergonomic package I doubt many people will want both. I actually think I do because the FORS will balance much better with the big coil so it will be my "big coil" detector. Most people however one or the other should serve just fine.

There is speculation the FORS models might go away but that is not going to happen. They will continue to co-exist with the Racers. Remember, the FORS models are Nokta and Racer is Makro. Different distribution lines. The pricing issues will sort out and both will be available and appeal to different people. There are those who really like the FORS control box setup. In actual practice the side mount display is a non-issue. Once you get your settings, all the important stuff displays on the end of the handle. Different strokes for different folks.
January 10, 2015 05:40PM
The older Fors Core will loose a lot of value when the upgraded one comes out. But this is a unit that will be around for some time. It is too good it trash and fantastic depth. I just received the Makro CF77. Weather is too bad to get out and try it. From initial test, I think it will be a keeper also. I think there may be a lot of "reverse engineering" when the Racer hits our shores.
What ever happened to the Fisher multifrequency detector. I remember the detection show where one of the guys had a prototype.Or at least that was what they lead us to believe.

Tom in SC
January 11, 2015 02:57AM
Hi Tom,,,,hey I have actually been eyeballing that Makro CF77....Does it air test decent etc.?.....JJ
January 11, 2015 03:05AM
We have to hope the company knows what it is doing to make a big move in the buying market in the US. I think the price will be at least a grand for the racer..we have seen with the dues you can fit a lot in a small control unit..It will be fun to read what you all think and with Keith playing around with one...Then we have the deus update coming so a lot to look forward with this new year..

LowBoy

TAKE A LITTLE TIME KICKBACK AND WATCH SOME OF MY DETECTING VIDEO'S BELOW ON YouTube

[www.youtube.com]

If you don’t dig it, then how are you going to know what you’re missing!
How can you have your pudding if you don’t eat your meat!
January 11, 2015 03:11AM
Where did this "the racer is just a lighter weight FORS come from? Didn't Makro and Nokta just announce their merge. So this detector called the Racer has been fully developed since the merge?? I doubt it seriously. Could the racer be a lighter weight Makro CF77??
January 11, 2015 03:16AM
Hi,,,,yeah I hear ya LowBoy there's a lot of speculation going on right now....I know I'm not going to be the first one to get one but if good reports start coming in then I will get one...I usually buy at least one new machine a year plus some coils for my other ones....I was thinking about getting an F-75 but with all the problems they are having I'm definitely not going to now.... I'm in no hurry right now because of the deep freeze....JJ
January 11, 2015 03:23AM
It maybe a combo and I would have to think they disigned this before the merger happened but knew it was going to happen. It seems they do things really quickly unlike fisher and some others I wonder where minelab is doing they really have been in the top two for a number of year...funny how they don't even post anymore all of them just must be in shock

LowBoy

TAKE A LITTLE TIME KICKBACK AND WATCH SOME OF MY DETECTING VIDEO'S BELOW ON YouTube

[www.youtube.com]

If you don’t dig it, then how are you going to know what you’re missing!
How can you have your pudding if you don’t eat your meat!
January 11, 2015 03:48AM
Minelab has the new flagship gold detector coming out Lowboy.
January 11, 2015 03:25PM
Steve Herschbach Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I apologize, I thought you were being sarcastic.
> Since Racer is basically a FORS in a lighter
> weight more ergonomic package I doubt many people
> will want both. I actually think I do because the
> FORS will balance much better with the big coil so
> it will be my "big coil" detector. Most people
> however one or the other should serve just fine.
>
> There is speculation the FORS models might go away
> but that is not going to happen. They will
> continue to co-exist with the Racers. Remember,
> the FORS models are Nokta and Racer is Makro.
> Different distribution lines. The pricing issues
> will sort out and both will be available and
> appeal to different people. There are those who
> really like the FORS control box setup. In actual
> practice the side mount display is a non-issue.
> Once you get your settings, all the important
> stuff displays on the end of the handle. Different
> strokes for different folks.

no i will be one of the first to own a racer in a few weeks ,theres room for both machines i reckon ,big names are hooked on the fors core so unlikely to dump them. i need a better TID than the deus so hope the racer is hot
January 11, 2015 04:25PM
tnsharpshooter Wrote:
> Where did this "the racer is just a lighter weight
> FORS come from? Didn't Makro and Nokta just
> announce their merge. So this detector called the
> Racer has been fully developed since the merge?? I
> doubt it seriously. Could the racer be a lighter
> weight Makro CF77??

It came from this direct quote from Nokta:

"The new Makro Racer will have the same performance -if not better in some circumstances - as the FORS delivered in a more elegant, and lighter design. It will come in a standard and a pro pack like the FORS but we are not including the large coil in the pro pack this time because most people prefer the medium and the small ones and we also want the pro pack to be at an affordable price point for most users. The large coil will be sold seperately. We will also have an optional bluetooth headphones available for the unit."

The comparison was not to the CF77 but it may as well have been. The two companies have been working together for some time. Look at the control box of the CF77 and the FORS.
January 11, 2015 05:33PM
Steve Herschbach Wrote:
> tnsharpshooter Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Where did this "the racer is just a lighter
> weight
> > FORS come from? Didn't Makro and Nokta just
> > announce their merge. So this detector called
> the
> > Racer has been fully developed since the merge??
> I
> > doubt it seriously. Could the racer be a
> lighter
> > weight Makro CF77??
>
> It came from this direct quote from Nokta:
>
> "The new Makro Racer will have the same
> performance -if not better in some circumstances -
> as the FORS delivered in a more elegant, and
> lighter design. It will come in a standard and a
> pro pack like the FORS but we are not including
> the large coil in the pro pack this time because
> most people prefer the medium and the small ones
> and we also want the pro pack to be at an
> affordable price point for most users. The large
> coil will be sold seperately. We will also have an
> optional bluetooth headphones available for the
> unit."
>
> The comparison was not to the CF77 but it may as
> well have been. The two companies have been
> working together for some time. Look at the
> control box of the CF77 and the FORS.

That's because the 2 companies are owned by "brothers"

one owns Macro and the other Nokta

but if I understand correctly from what Nokta said in another post on here somewhere = they are now "merging" into "1" company
January 11, 2015 06:25PM
If the following is correct, who in the world would ever want a CoRe unit after the Racer is released???? Mind boggling. I for one don't believe everything I hear or see written down. For starters the freq is not even the same. And this talk of being cheaper, even offsetting for the lack of a big coil in pro package. So Nokta/Makro it seems wants to retire the CoRe unit.

It came from this direct quote from Nokta:

"The new Makro Racer will have the same performance -if not better in some circumstances - as the FORS delivered in a more elegant, and lighter design. It will come in a standard and a pro pack like the FORS but we are not including the large coil in the pro pack this time because most people prefer the medium and the small ones and we also want the pro pack to be at an affordable price point for most users. The large coil will be sold seperately. We will also have an optional bluetooth headphones available for the unit."
January 11, 2015 06:39PM
The FORS models are not going away. Even if they did, so what? Models come and go. But I repeat, FORS is not going away.
January 11, 2015 07:12PM
The Racer is going to be distributed under the "Makro" brand of products (stated by Nokta in one of their 1st post here on the forum)

BOTH Makro and Nokta will remain as "product brands" and therefore the Core will remain under "Nokta" brand/name

The 2 companies have combined into "1" but will continue to offer "both" product lines

My guess is that IF any machine gets cut/replaced - it will be the Makro CF77 that gets cut/replaced with the Makro Racer (not the Nokta fores core)