Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

NEW MAKRO RACER - MORE INFO

Posted by Nokta Detectors 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
NEW MAKRO RACER - MORE INFO
January 09, 2015 08:37AM
Hello all...as we are getting many emails and messages inquiring about the Racer, we would like to give you a little bit more info.

The device has 2 versions - Racer and Gold Racer.

Racer is the coin & relic device and the Gold Racer is the prospecting one as the name implies.
Racer will be launched first and Gold Racer will follow a few months after that.
Racer runs on 14KHz.Gold version - waiting for the final testing stage.

We will be visiting USA next week to meet our distributors and upon our return we are planning to launch the products.
So we are expecting to start shipments early February if all goes smooth.
Should there be any changes, I will definitely inform you.

Thank you everybody!
Re: NEW MAKRO RACER - MORE INFO
January 09, 2015 09:14AM
Sounds like you guys have a plan.Well done.
January 09, 2015 09:42AM
Thanks for the update. It would be great if dealers could take pre-orders prior to shipping to them.

Tom in SC
January 09, 2015 01:57PM
I have already put my name in with a dealer for the racer. Hope to get one quick so I can take it
with me to Jamaica......
January 09, 2015 02:40PM
14khz, Hmmm, may not be a great unmasker in iron. Guess we will wait and see.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/09/2015 02:42PM by tnsharpshooter.
January 09, 2015 03:06PM
What kHz would do better for unmasking in iron??
January 09, 2015 03:25PM
tnsharpshooter Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> 14khz, Hmmm, may not be a great unmasker in iron.
> Guess we will wait and see.

In between mxt and f-75right? Both pretty darn good in iron.
January 09, 2015 03:31PM
ok enough hype show us the goods we are dribbling at the mouth for the XP beater )))
January 09, 2015 04:41PM
Awesome!

Nokta Detectors Wrote:
> Hello all...as we are getting many emails and
> messages inquiring about the Racer, we would like
> to give you a little bit more info.
>
> The device has 2 versions - Racer and Gold Racer.
>
> Racer is the coin & relic device and the Gold
> Racer is the prospecting one as the name implies.
> Racer will be launched first and Gold Racer will
> follow a few months after that.
> Racer runs on 14KHz.Gold version - waiting for the
> final testing stage.
>
> We will be visiting USA next week to meet our
> distributors and upon our return we are planning
> to launch the products.
> So we are expecting to start shipments early
> February if all goes smooth.
> Should there be any changes, I will definitely
> inform you.
>
> Thank you everybody!
January 10, 2015 02:33AM
If you are in heavy iron you want 18 freq but other then then that 12 works for me on all other hunts...and maybe 8 at parks.

LowBoy

TAKE A LITTLE TIME KICKBACK AND WATCH SOME OF MY DETECTING VIDEO'S BELOW ON YouTube

[www.youtube.com]

If you don’t dig it, then how are you going to know what you’re missing!
How can you have your pudding if you don’t eat your meat!
January 10, 2015 02:41AM
I do not know that there is a magic frequency for unmasking - there are a lot of factors that come into play. 18 kHz may be the magic number on the DEUS but it is not a given on other detectors.
January 10, 2015 02:57AM
Okay, what detectors are great at unmasking in iron that operate below 17khz?? XpGoldmaxx, Deus, vistas, FORS.. Aren't these the top performers??? And look at the freq they use. Whoops the FORS uses 15khz, seems small coil does well, would like to hear and see FORS unit with medium size coil attached head to head with say deus with11" coil
Doesn't the high freq help with the taking of more shots while in the iron, hence the better unmasking. And yes realizing you need processor that suited as well.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/10/2015 12:41PM by tnsharpshooter.
January 10, 2015 03:06AM
19Khz will resonate the Nickle the best.....actually 19.2 I think it is...

Keith
January 10, 2015 03:18AM
And I'll bet 19khz-23khz would do even better at unmasking when matched with correct processor. One thing though, depth would suffer. Probably the CTX would come nearest to being a great unmasker with small coil even though it runs at much lower freq than 18khz. A lot of 12 to 15 khz machines out there. And a lot of aftermarket coils have been made for them both big and small. They just hadn't been able to match the units I mentioned for unmasking. There will always be some sort of tradeoff when picking the freq for a detector. I think the folks behind the scenes at XP realized this; hence the Deus.

Would like to see Nokta build a detector with 3 freqs say 4khz, 12khz, and 18khz. And sell the detector with 3 coils small, medium, and large. With small coil tuned at 18khz, medium coil tuned at 12khz and large coil tuned to 4khz. And equip detector with external software update capability.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/10/2015 03:31AM by tnsharpshooter.
January 10, 2015 04:27AM
Well I've never seen anything unmask like the CoRe does believe me. I'll invite anybody to come hunt with us, and the places we hunt render the Deus useless. The FT machine don't fair very well either. They find stuff but at 15 kHz this CoRe, if it is that, is smoking others. I'm inclined to believe maybe they have coil making down that others companies can only dream of. Whatever it is it flat smokes baby! I love it..................Granted the Racer is a different machine and we'll have to wait and see but if it anything like it's big sister it'll stand the detecting world on it's head.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/10/2015 04:28AM by Jack Flynn.
January 10, 2015 04:34AM
It may have been posted before but I don't recall seeing it, but what is the operating frequency of the Fors CoRe??? And what will be the operating frequency of the Racer? Anyone know? Thanks.
January 10, 2015 04:36AM
CoRe is 15 kHz and new Racer is 14 khz
January 10, 2015 07:20AM
just curious! does 1khz make that much of a difference in iron?
mxt family is 14 khz,and the core is 15 khz....just asking!..thanks!

(h.h.!)
j.t.
January 10, 2015 02:15PM
I think a lot that matters to working iron is the coil size the smaller the coil the narrower the search path between targets.
January 11, 2015 02:07AM
The CTX and 6" coil is no slouch in heavy trash by the way .
January 11, 2015 02:49AM
Hi,,,The best frequency for nickels is 17 kHz....2.7 kHz is the best frequency for a dime & penny....Ironically I own some very low frequency machines that kick butt on gold chains, where some of my higher frequency machines almost ignore them .....JJ
January 11, 2015 03:09AM
Time will tell.

LowBoy

TAKE A LITTLE TIME KICKBACK AND WATCH SOME OF MY DETECTING VIDEO'S BELOW ON YouTube

[www.youtube.com]

If you don’t dig it, then how are you going to know what you’re missing!
How can you have your pudding if you don’t eat your meat!
January 11, 2015 03:31PM
in the UK a small wad of silver foil has a same TID as a hammered coin so waiting to see how it copes as its a nuisance right now
January 11, 2015 05:32PM
jimmyjiver Wrote:
> Hi,,,The best frequency for nickels is 17
> kHz....2.7 kHz is the best frequency for a dime &
> penny....Ironically I own some very low frequency
> machines that kick butt on gold chains, where some
> of my higher frequency machines almost ignore them
> .....JJ

Jimmy-----What detector(s) run on 2.7 kHz----and---what are the problems associated with running them?------Thanks-----------Del
January 11, 2015 07:10PM
Hi Del,,,,That's a good question and without doing an extensive search, I believe Detector Pro makes a 2.4 kHz model,,,and that's pretty close to 2.7 kHz I would say....There maybe other machines out there too, that at least that run close to that frequency....Keep in mind that I'm not recommending or implying that this is or any other machine for that matter is the one for you to use....I have seen no perceivable drawbacks in running a lower frequency detector, even in some of the heaviest iron laden sites....Keep in mind when you here the chatter about how good a certain higher frequency machine is doing in iron is usually pertaining to smaller non ferrous items....Personally I'm after coins and not little non ferrous tidbits....LoL....I run a modified lower frequency machine in high iron spots that literally just kicks machines like the AT Pro to the curb..LoL..The industry is now basically trying to put out detectors that are multi purpose....The best general coverage frequency for that would actually be 12kHz....I can't for the life of me figure out why there is not more dedicated coin machines out there...Other than the fact that there just is not enough people that just do coin hunting alone and hunt for nothing else....JJ

PS: The following information contained within is all IMHO and most if not all of what I say can be backed up by fact....This is also not meant to belittle other opinions or anyone that may have their own different opinions on this subject....Thanks....JJ
January 11, 2015 07:19PM
White's V3i 2.5 kHz single frequency mode.

X-Terra units with 3 kHz coils are close also.

The Detector Pros are basically reboxed Fisher 1280X models and do run at 2.4 kHz just like the 1280X.
January 11, 2015 07:29PM
What detector(s) run on 2.7 kHz----

The CTX/E-Trac runs at essentially 3.125 KHz (with a weaker harmonic at 25 KHz).

The Fisher 1280x Aquanaut runs at 2.4 kHz. The CZs run at both 5 kHz and 15 kHz. The Ace 250 runs at 6.5 kHz. The X-Terra can be coiled to run at 6.4 kHz. White's Beach Hunter ID 300 runs at 3 kHz and 15kHz.

... and---what are the problems associated with running them?

The lower freq units will have poorer inductive coupling between coil and target (decreases at the square of the op freq - changing freq from 30kHz to 3kHz (10x decrease) degrades the received signal by a factor of 100 times (10 squared)). A lower freq will cause weaker non-ferrous junk to produce a weaker signal. Lower freqs are not attenuated by the soil as much because soil resistivity increases with freq (increases at the square-root of the operating freq - ground absorbtion is 5 times greater at 75kHz than 3kHz - (square-root of 25)). Eddies form deeper into the target surface improving discrimination (currents more modified by the permeability of the target interior helps differentiate ferrous/non-ferrous character) but fewer eddies (due to lower polarity switching rate (freq) decreases field lines switching within target which generate current flow) created at lower freqs decreases sensitivity (to weak conductors). Fewer eddies generated at low freq allows stronger positive reactive signal (+X) from ferrous targets to dominate, target appears more ferrous. However, larger ferrous is less likely to be incorrectly assigned as non-ferrous (due to greater surface for eddy generation) at lower freq (less eddies). A lower freq means less energy is needed to drive the oscillator and less cycles used means more energy transmitted per cycle (battery power is fixed).
January 11, 2015 10:00PM
Johnnyanglo Wrote:
> The lower freq units will have poorer inductive
> coupling between coil and target (decreases at the
> square of the op freq - changing freq from 30kHz
> to 3kHz (10x decrease) degrades the received
> signal by a factor of 100 times (10 squared)). A
> lower freq will cause weaker non-ferrous junk to
> produce a weaker signal. Lower freqs are not
> attenuated by the soil as much because soil
> resistivity increases with freq (increases at the
> square-root of the operating freq - ground
> absorbtion is 5 times greater at 75kHz than 3kHz -
> (square-root of 25)). Eddies form deeper into the
> target surface improving discrimination (currents
> more modified by the permeability of the target
> interior helps differentiate ferrous/non-ferrous
> character) but fewer eddies (due to lower polarity
> switching rate (freq) decreases field lines
> switching within target which generate current
> flow) created at lower freqs decreases sensitivity
> (to weak conductors). Fewer eddies generated at
> low freq allows stronger positive reactive signal
> (+X) from ferrous targets to dominate, target
> appears more ferrous. However, larger ferrous is
> less likely to be incorrectly assigned as
> non-ferrous (due to greater surface for eddy
> generation) at lower freq (less eddies). A lower
> freq means less energy is needed to drive the
> oscillator and less cycles used means more energy
> transmitted per cycle (battery power is fixed).

Wow, that was good, sent chills up my spine! Copied for reference - thanks!
January 11, 2015 10:16PM
Hi,,,I thought it was a bunch of pointless malarkey, trying to answer a question that was not directed towards him....No offense to anyone.... JJ
January 11, 2015 10:30PM
On the nickle...

George Payne says 16.5

Troy says 19 while testing with engineers at Fisher

Maybe freq isnt everything...

The CoRe shows that,,,

Keith