Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Out Of The Race For The Racer ?

Posted by jimmyjiver 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Out Of The Race For The Racer ?
January 11, 2015 05:48PM
Hi,,,,I sure hope I'm wrong but I believe from the limited information I could obtain so far on the Racer due to a lousy dial up connection is......The all metal mode,two tone,three tone are all VCO controlled so I'm assuming it's does not incorporate a modulated type audio that I am accustom to....If this is true then my happy inquisitive bubble just burst and I'm out of the running on the Racer.....Thanks....JJ
Re: Out Of The Race For The Racer ?
January 11, 2015 08:25PM
I never let what I am used to stop me from trying something new and or different . Getting stuck in a rut can be very limiting in my opinion .
January 11, 2015 08:45PM
They may have a different twist on how that works

LowBoy

TAKE A LITTLE TIME KICKBACK AND WATCH SOME OF MY DETECTING VIDEO'S BELOW ON YouTube

[www.youtube.com]

If you don’t dig it, then how are you going to know what you’re missing!
How can you have your pudding if you don’t eat your meat!

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 01/20/2015 04:35PM by Lawrenzo.
January 11, 2015 10:19PM
Hi,,,hey silverhound my philosophy is: If it's not broke don't fix it....JJ
January 19, 2015 06:22PM
I'm just amazed there are still dial up connections! Haven't had the frustration of one since 2005!
January 19, 2015 06:58PM
Hi Fletch88,,,,yeah dial-up is basically my only option right now without sacrificing $80.00 plus a month....I can only get a weak cell phone connection by standing in the middle of the road,so no joy there...I'm still out of the race for the Racer but I'm still making comments on it out of boredom ....JJ
January 19, 2015 07:00PM
Fletch88 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I'm just amazed there are still dial up
> connections! Haven't had the frustration of one
> since 2005!

I know for some remote folks, dial-up may be the only option.

I've had a cable modem since 1998, so it would be difficult to readjust to (I remember using 300bps modems).

Then again I have friends that still pay for AOL although their ISP is not AOL....no idea exactly what they're paying for, but they do smiling smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/19/2015 07:01PM by Cal_cobra.
January 19, 2015 07:05PM
AOL is still around!!!! smiling smiley Bwaaaa Haaaaa Haaaaa. I thought they were defunct by now. It was my first online source back in 1991 and was slow then! I do miss that however "You've Got Mail"! Made me feel special even though I am not!
January 19, 2015 07:07PM
Hi, you know it's crazy the phone company put a cable across the road about 3 or 4 years ago for Internet etc....But they still don't have it going.........JJ
January 19, 2015 07:29PM
I confess some interest as well, but no modulated audio combined with a possible major loss of depth in 3 tone has tempered my enthusiasm.
January 19, 2015 11:18PM
JJ if you have ATT service you can get internet,7.5 megs DL for 19.95/mo. I use to pay 84/mo satellite so I bees very happy.
January 19, 2015 11:24PM
Hi Doc,,,,yes I have AT&T but when I call them they say that I'm out of their area....I would gladly pay that amount for a faster connection........Thanks for the suggestion......... JJ

PS: I need a drink...LoL
January 20, 2015 04:34AM
Is this post about the Racer or At&T?? HAHAHAHAHA
January 20, 2015 04:40AM
Hi,,oh boy you had me laughing so hard on that one I have tears coming out of my eyes..LoL...Stick around next we are going to talk about the one that got away..LoL.......JJ
January 20, 2015 04:50AM
Jimmy-----That gully that you live down in-----is that in the United States?????
January 20, 2015 05:04AM
Hi,,, yeah I'm in the states ....It's more of a valley that tapers down like 6 miles to the west is higher ground and 6 miles to the east is the higher ground....If I stand in the middle of the road I can get a weak cell phone signal.....I have a 60 foot tower up for tv and receive satellite tv also....JJ