Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

NOKTA/MAKRO TEAM IN USA - May not respond on time...

Posted by Nokta Detectors 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
NOKTA/MAKRO TEAM IN USA - May not respond on time...
January 14, 2015 11:06AM
Hello all... just wanted to let you all know that we are currently in the USA to meet our distributors here. We will be back in the office on the 20th to get busy with the RACER launch :-) As we are running on a very tight schedule, I am trying my best to read the forums and answer questions but I may be missing posts so I apologize if I do not respond to some of the posts or questions. For those who needs immediate attention, you can always email me at dilek@noktadetectors.com and I will definitely get back to you.
Thank you all!
Re: NOKTA/MAKRO TEAM IN USA - May not respond on time...
January 14, 2015 11:56AM
While your here can you spend some time at First Texas and give them a lesson on communication and quality control?

Hope you enjoy your visit to the states.
January 14, 2015 02:03PM
I will speak up for First Texas as they have called me to let me know they have my machine and when to expect it back. Don't understand why lots are so upset with them. They are trying to improve people's used machines some that are 5 years old. Even if they have a few early glitches it seems like they have made it right with fixes. What Nokta is doing is great, the listening and making immediate changes there's really no need to diss others. Just be glad they're doing it and if they keep doing it others will be forced by supply

Brian
January 14, 2015 03:13PM
well they have wifi phones on the menu and few others have even bothered ,so i hope they can deliver them with the Racer
January 14, 2015 04:22PM
While your here can you spend some time at First Texas and give them a lesson on communication and quality control? That is funny but seems kind of true

LowBoy

TAKE A LITTLE TIME KICKBACK AND WATCH SOME OF MY DETECTING VIDEO'S BELOW ON YouTube

[www.youtube.com]

If you don’t dig it, then how are you going to know what you’re missing!
How can you have your pudding if you don’t eat your meat!
January 14, 2015 04:30PM
Well you do have to admit...even vehicle makers are having major woes right now with tons of recalls. My wife has a 2013 Ford Escape and it has had 5 recalls on it. I don't believe there is a single auto maker that hasn't had a recall of some sorts. Even the Japanese, whom are very quality control based. I work for 'em...I know how they do things. Our factory is cleaner than most hospitals just for the purpose for quality control issues.

At least metal detectors don't have an airbag that can deploy on its own...or a throttle get stuck...or brakes that wont work.

With a faulty metal detector, you can just say "ahhh crap...guess I gotta send it back to the factory".

If you're driving and your throttle sticks, brakes don't work, and you're heading right for a busy roaring intersection...I think your words might be a bit different than just "ahhh crap...gotta take it back to the dealers". lol
January 14, 2015 04:44PM
It's obvious to me that automakers are letting the public be their "Testers". Our government needs to establish some kind of standard for testing vehicles before they are released for sell to the public. Something maybe with miles tested in different driving scenarios (in town-stop and go, and highway) and hours for each specific model. I figure the biggest cause for so many recalls is the auto companies are contracting so many different folks to build the different parts, and I'll bet a lot of the contracts change even in mid stream to other vendors. They are always looking for the cheapest parts, and may not be getting the best quality. I'm surprised that maybe the 60 Minutes show hasn't exposed this by going to one of the manufacturer sites and start asking questions and wanting to see the documentation to say back up their stories when it comes to testing.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/14/2015 04:46PM by tnsharpshooter.
January 14, 2015 05:50PM
NOKTA have you ever thought about doing a U.S. roadshow to get people familiar with your products?

Minelab does one on a limited basis every year or two, whereas they sponsor a seeded hunt with prizes, and a BBQ lunch, and have knowledgable reps there to demo their product line.

HH,
Brian
January 14, 2015 06:17PM
Good idea Brian! I went to the 2013 hunt in Santa Barbara, CA and it was great fun and very cool. I was blown away that there was not one drop of criticism for those who brought non-Minelab machines to the hunt, just about every brand imaginable in the hunts. Every entrant got a bag with a t-shirt, a hat and a bunch of other stuff including a ticket for a drawing (I won a pin pointer) for lots of items including about every model detector they made. It really boosted my opinion of Minelab!

Past(or)Tom
Using a Legend, a Deus 2, an Equinox 800, a Tarsacci MDT 8000, & a few others...
with my beloved, fading Corgi, Sadie
January 14, 2015 06:36PM
Pasttom Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Good idea Brian! I went to the 2013 hunt in Santa
> Barbara, CA and it was great fun and very cool. I
> was blown away that there was not one drop of
> criticism for those who brought non-Minelab
> machines to the hunt, just about every brand
> imaginable in the hunts. Every entrant got a bag
> with a t-shirt, a hat and a bunch of other stuff
> including a ticket for a drawing (I won a pin
> pointer) for lots of items including about every
> model detector they made. It really boosted my
> opinion of Minelab!

NOKTA is a new brand to me, but I'd definitely go to a road show event to check them out if they did one (and it wasn't travel prohibitive).

Although I'm with you guys on some of the FT complaints, let's keep this thread from being a First Texas bitch fest , as NOKTA has nothing to do with that, and it's obvious that FT doesn't read these forums (or at least have the agility to execute if they do).
January 14, 2015 07:27PM
I would love to know a ballpark figure for the Racer. My only question for now.
January 14, 2015 09:16PM
yep..they are addressing their issues, and it isnt costing anyone anything BUT FT. Some need to learn the meaning of patience............ mine isn't back yet........but due to the time of year it isn't an issue at all. Ice fishing is at its peak,,,,,,,lots of work and other things to garner my attention. Even doing a bit of panning with a bucket of concentrate that's been sitting in my garage for ages. Life is good, even if my equipment is not perfect sometimes

Bflo Wrote:
> I will speak up for First Texas as they have
> called me to let me know they have my machine and
> when to expect it back. Don't understand why lots
> are so upset with them. They are trying to
> improve people's used machines some that are 5
> years old. Even if they have a few early glitches
> it seems like they have made it right with fixes.
> What Nokta is doing is great, the listening and
> making immediate changes there's really no need to
> diss others. Just be glad they're doing it and if
> they keep doing it others will be forced by supply
>
>
> Brian
January 15, 2015 02:42AM
tnsharpshooter Wrote:
> It's obvious to me that automakers are letting the
> public be their "Testers". Our government needs
> to establish some kind of standard for testing
> vehicles before they are released for sell to the
> public. Something maybe with miles tested in
> different driving scenarios (in town-stop and go,
> and highway) and hours for each specific model. I
> figure the biggest cause for so many recalls is
> the auto companies are contracting so many
> different folks to build the different parts, and
> I'll bet a lot of the contracts change even in mid
> stream to other vendors. They are always looking

Everything our government sticks their nose in turns to crap.
> for the cheapest parts, and may not be getting the
> best quality. I'm surprised that maybe the 60
> Minutes show hasn't exposed this by going to one
> of the manufacturer sites and start asking
> questions and wanting to see the documentation to
> say back up their stories when it comes to
> testing.
January 15, 2015 02:48AM
exactly getting the government involved would add to the problem not be a solution
January 15, 2015 04:19AM
Derail or hijack comes to mind LOL . Sure am pleased that Nokta/Makro is doing such a fine job keeping those of us that are curious posted on current developments . I am most definitely seeing one of their machines in my possession come spring thaw .
January 15, 2015 10:48AM
Bflo Wrote:
> I will speak up for First Texas as they have
> called me to let me know they have my machine and
> when to expect it back. Don't understand why lots
> are so upset with them. They are trying to
> improve people's used machines some that are 5
> years old. Even if they have a few early glitches
> it seems like they have made it right with fixes.
> What Nokta is doing is great, the listening and
> making immediate changes there's really no need to
> diss others. Just be glad they're doing it and if
> they keep doing it others will be forced by supply
>
>
> Brian

As to FT communications I am not saying that they do a terrible job at it but it in no way compares to what Nokta is doing. When is the last time you sent them an email and got a reply? I have yet to see on any of the forums where FT as replied to or made any kind of statement about the problems with the F75.Now I think they are doing a good job of correcting the problems along with upgrading the earlier F75s as they should. Just took how many years to get around to it?

If some don't see the roll out of the new F75 as a quality control problem that is fine with me. After all they must not either seeing that it keeps happening.

You know I ordered two lower rods that were drop shipped directly from FT. I know they had the right address but after two weeks I found out that they had shipped them to the wrong address. They did reship quickly so that was good. They finally arrived so I am ready to mount my two coils. Nope they did not ship any of the rubber insert for either rod. Now waiting again.

By the way after spending close to a thousand dollars on the new F75 I had to send it back.

So yes I see some problems with their quality control.

As has been pointed out on here the largest portions of FT sales are in their lower end bounty hunter and such models to people that grab on off the local box store shelf and head to the beach or where ever and may very well have a defective machine and never even know it.

If someone does not mind spending their money only to have to return the product for repairs or replacement that is ok with me. But I do.

I would dearly love to see FT come out with a machine that puts all other to rest---ready a good coin machine and ML---and I would never spend another dollar past our borders.

If the wheels aren't squeaking they don't get greased.

Pac Man

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/15/2015 10:57AM by Pac man.