Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

This sure conjures up how, when and why

Posted by glasartisan 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
This sure conjures up how, when and why
January 16, 2015 12:04PM
Re: This sure conjures up how, when and why
January 16, 2015 01:20PM
How cool is that! Man that would look good over my mantle!
January 16, 2015 01:37PM
A little story with probably similar outcome. My grandfather passed away young at age 49, my grandmother remarried to this gent with a big nice farm with loads of timber with river running adjacent. My grandmother when she remarried still had 2 children living at home. My uncle was one of the children. He was around 14 at the time. Mt step grandfather had 2 rimfire rifles. A winchester model 72 and an older one-don't know the model. Anyway, my step grandfather was against his step son (my uncle) in taking the guns out without his supervision. Well that didn't stop my uncle. As his step father was getting old, he would sneak out with the guns and hunt. He thought he would get caught bringing the guns back and forth to the house. So he got this bright idea to just leave one of them in the woods and then just sneak out and get the gun and hunt. He left the older rimmie in the woods. One problem, he forget where he left it. To this day he doesn't know where it is and if anyone has ever found it. And since, the entire farm has been sold and was developed. Since it was by the river the property was turned into a county water plant. This was in Robertson County here in Tn.
January 16, 2015 04:28PM
I bet those rangers were metal detecting on land we own but they took over to keep us out..

LowBoy

TAKE A LITTLE TIME KICKBACK AND WATCH SOME OF MY DETECTING VIDEO'S BELOW ON YouTube

[www.youtube.com]

If you don’t dig it, then how are you going to know what you’re missing!
How can you have your pudding if you don’t eat your meat!
January 16, 2015 04:56PM
You got that right LowBoy. Back in my other life I was a silent partner,I signed all the bank notes,lol, in a firearms store and we also was the Garrett dealer. The state dept. of archives was a customer and the best Civil War collections were owned by, you guessed it, the State employees. These Keepers of the Public property are ALL the same---thieves.
January 16, 2015 06:06PM
Over the years read of a top of the line detector found trashed in the woods....imagine it was a member of the hobby that burned out or something of that nature...Had a boyhood friend that became a Pa. game protector and in his later years a land manager moving up the ranks...Met him after years and he knew of my detecting hobby and told me of an old park in his area that was posted and one of their members made a killing with finds as he was the lone hunter..Yep even game protectors swing metal detectors...
January 17, 2015 03:42AM
Some 150 year old gold miner is going to be really pissed when he comes back and finds his rifle gone.
January 17, 2015 12:19PM
For a person to leave their rifle leaning on a tree, something tragic must have taken place...I would assume. If it was found laying on the ground somewhere, I would have many other conclusions.
January 18, 2015 08:41AM
prolly leaned against the tree,fell asleep,and an animal grabbed him,
took him to it's den,and ete him all up!..who knows? sound plausible.

(h.h.!)
j.t.