Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Question for NASA-Tom

Posted by D&P-OR 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Question for NASA-Tom
April 21, 2010 02:45AM
Hi everybody----Tom, in another post you listed the "breakover" point for sensitivity settings on the CZ's to get maximum depth & then stated that any higher sensitivity settings just got a larger "footprint" but no additional depth.-----My question to you is: On the F-75 LTD, what would the highest sensitivity settings be to get max. depth (any higher settings simply being a larger footprint).---I'm useing the stock 11" DD, 5" DD & 4X6" concentric.---I hunt mostly in the BP mode & sometimes the DE mode (haven't used the CL mode yet).----I realize there is a LOT of variables but can you give me a settings # in this regard?----I hope I worded this so it's understandable.----------Thanks much, Del
Re: Question for NASA-Tom
April 23, 2010 01:20AM
Del,

Yes, worded properly......and easily understandable. The F75 platform is completely different than the CZ platform. On most analog CZ's.....the entire upper half of the Sensitivity scale (on the knob) makes no additional depth/performance gain whilst in ID mode. This is NOT true with the F75. On the F75......a max Sens setting does indeed give you max depth capabilities.......IN CONCERT WITH a Disc of '0'. The Sens settings on the F75 are quite a bit more linear ..... especially when comparing to CZ. The ONLY time the Sens on the CZ is more 'linear'....is when the CZ is in auto-tune/all-metal mode. Then (and only then)...........as you increase the Sens (whilst in auto-tune mode).......the performance/depth linearly increases.....on the CZ platform. Now............on the digital CZ's......Sens settings of 6, 8 & 10 make minimal difference whilst in ID mode. In auto-tune mode on these digital CZ's....same rule follows; linearity is reinstated.