Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Simple Question...

Posted by njnydigger 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Simple Question...
January 19, 2015 05:09PM
This new detector hitting the streets soon, The Racer. Is this being billed more as a separation/iron work unit, or as a depth machine?

Reason I ask is, like a few others here, I'm primarily a hunter of old coins. My regular spots are fields and/or parks, where there's a fair amount of iron/junk, but it's very sparse and spread out. I hunt very few iron heavy locales. So...

I need more depth. Getting down 10 to 14" is the sweet spot for me, and quite critical. I'll be getting an ATX in the spring, since I love digging almost exclusively the deeper fringe targets, though, something deep WITH accurate VDI at depth would be more up my alley.

There's been only two units that have met my specific hunting requirements, to date; CZ's & Minelab's, with the edge going to the ML's, as they're better able to call deep iron.

I'm more than satisfied with my ML, and, again, the ATX should get me even deeper to pluck some additional goodies aside from the expected iron to go along with them, but is this Racer trying to compete more with the depth units or the separation units?

Joe
Re: Simple Question...
January 19, 2015 05:48PM
Hi Joe,,,I will take a stab at trying to answer your question....Nobody really knows anything about the Racer as of yet...But if we was to look at your question depth or separation?.....Theoretically the logical answer would be it's geared towards separation based on the narrower coil sizes being offered....Also if we were to read some past information on their other machines nobody has made a claim to them being depth demons.....JJ