Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

MAKRO RACER - PRODUCT PAGE

Posted by Nokta Detectors 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Re: MAKRO RACER - PRODUCT PAGE
January 22, 2015 07:06PM
Hi Steve,,,,first off I don't want drag this subject into the ground but Nokta made the post....I usually try to choose my words correctly and I thought I did in this case....Just for the heck of it I looked up the meanings of the choice words I used below....JJ

Personally = from someone's personal standpoint or according to their particular nature; in a subjective rather than an objective way.

Subjective = based on or influenced by personal feelings, tastes, or opinions

You = used to refer to any person in general

PS: I know I said this is that's all I am going to say on that subject....But you said it too....LoL....
January 22, 2015 08:02PM
Steve Herschbach Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> The DEUS really is in a class of its own and a
> poor comparison.

So you already tested the Racer against the Deus and it was so bad, you can not even compare these two, right?

> The real rece here is not DEUS versus Racer.
> Vastly different machines and people who like all
> the wireless and charging and programs are still
> going to like those things.

I don't care if the Deus is wireless and the Racer is not. The result (performance) is what counts. I can compare a Deus to a 40 $ detector and the Deus will lose in certain areas. No one cares if the performance was delivered in a wireless way.
January 22, 2015 08:17PM
Why the attitude? If you have a question, just ask it. If I can answer it, I will. If not, I will say so.

I got the Nokta FORS, compared it to DEUS, FORS better served my needs, ditched the DEUS. Some might think I am biased against the DEUS as it is not my cup of tea.
January 22, 2015 08:46PM
Ok, in my opinion DEUS versus Racer is a no brainer for me personally. I am not fond of everything being wireless and needing charging. I just want to toss my four AA batteries in, rechargeable or not, and go. Personally 2 nose heavy pounds for me is worse than more weight balanced properly. I like my accessory coils under $200

I am a big fan of small coils and found the DEUS with 9" coil to be no match for units with smaller coils. When you put 254 square inches of coil over the ground you are far more likely to be over multiple targets than when putting 77 square inches of coil over the ground. Fast separation speeds still need items to be under the coil at different times. In bad ground the DEUS has only moderate depth. I would rather hunt think trash with other units, and I would rather hunt deep targets with other units.

The bottom line, FOR ME, the Fisher Gold Bug Pro, Fisher F19, Teknetics T2, and Fisher F75 are just a few machines that I personally prefer over the DEUS. The DEUS is not even in the running for me versus the Racer.

Which is why you are better off waiting for Keith or somebody else to make those comparisons.
January 22, 2015 09:06PM
Pasttom Wrote:
> Steve, your performance speaks all that needs to
> be said. You are a solid source of honest,
> experienced, well intended voicing of
> encouragement and wisdom. Yours is one of a
> handful of names like NASA Tom and Keith
> Southerland that ALWAYS are associated with
> worthwhile information and significant insight.
>
> So, if I am ever in Reno, Ya' wanna go out?
>
> Tom

personally I'd go so far as to say that my purchase of a Racer is dependant on Steve's report....also, I really like 2 tone so even if I had an F75 I doubt I would use 3 or 4 tones....
I believe Steve did say he was waiting for the Racer Gold. I sure hope Makro just mails the regular Racer to him....it would certainly be beneficial for them to get one into his experienced hands as quickly as possible...
January 22, 2015 10:39PM
I expect I will have a Racer ASAP. It is just that it is really the Gold Racer that has my primary interest as a prospecting detector.

I had to follow up that last post with an explanation. I think people seeking one perfect unit are generally not going to find that unit unless they have a very specific use in mind.

I believe the DEUS is possibly the best machine on the market for its specific purpose and target audience. It was made to pull non-ferrous stuff out of ferrous fields in Europe. Depth was secondary to target separation and ferrous/non-ferrous separation. It is superb at what it does and has very many very happy users as a result.

The mistake is in thinking one detector should be perfect at everything and appeal to everybody. For everything except it's exact target purpose I think the DEUS is just an adequate detector. It does not shine in parks, it does not shine on the beach, it does not shine prospecting. People who want to make it out as perfect at everything are barking up the wrong tree. Why not have it just really excel at one thing that you really care about, and be just ok for everything else? There is nothing wrong with that. I have a huge respect for the DEUS and in XP for what they are doing. It is just that my purposes and my preferences and the DEUS are not a good fit.

Ultimately, I am not trying to figure out if the Racer is good for anyone else. I am on a quest to figure out what works for me.

If you want movie reviews, you are wise to find a reviewer that likes the same movies you like. If you like war movies no point in reading a review by a guy that hates war movies. The same here. All I can do is make my preferences in a detector clear, and go from there. If my preferences do match yours, pay attention to somebody else. But please, do not tell me my preferences are wrong. They are mine, plain and simple.

My expertise is pulling non-ferrous targets out of extremely mineralized ground. That ground may also be full of ferrous junk. My main goal in gold nuggets, but I am on a serious quest for a gold coin, and I am really into jewelry detecting. I have little or no interest in relic hunting - I want precious metals in any form and any way I can find them.

There is a big overlap between what Keith does and what Daniel does and what I do and that is why I hang out here. But at the end of the day we are also doing different things entirely and so our personal quests for the best machines takes different twists.

What I need is:

1. An extremely hot VLF. First choice for me, Fisher Gold Bug 2
2. A deep seeking PI. Was GPX 5000, looking to replace with GPZ 7000
3. A salt water PI, Garrett ATX
4. A salt water VLF, CTX 3030
5. A sport field jewelry detector, V3i with Big Foot coil

And finally, I need a nice, compact, hot on gold VLF unit for pulling gold nuggets and gold coins out of highly mineralized ground littered with ferrous trash. Right now I am torn between F75 for physical design and FORS Gold/CoRe for sheer performance. My hope is Racer and specifically Gold Racer deliver the best of both the F75 and CoRe in a single detector.

That is my personal quest, that is the bias my opinions are filtered through. If they match up with anyone here that is great but if not, that is fine also. I am ultimately in it for what works for me, not what works for anyone else. And what that obviously means in my case is it sure will not be just one super duper do it all detector. Do it all machines normally fail for me. I like niche detectors.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/22/2015 10:43PM by Steve Herschbach.
January 23, 2015 08:35AM
silversurfer Wrote:
> Steve Herschbach Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> >
> > As far as comparisons the closest match is
> T2Ltd
> > at $899 for two similar size coils versus $849
> for
> > Racer Pro Pack. Very similar feature list, very
> > similar performance.
>
> Is that comparing MAP vs MSRP? Will the racer have
> a MAP

Nokta/Makro has a MAP policy in place which is 85% of the MSRP and this applies to all products. However, each distributor / dealer is free to determine the final sell price.
January 23, 2015 01:51PM
Nokta Detectors Wrote:
>
>
> Nokta/Makro has a MAP policy in place which is 85%
> of the MSRP and this applies to all products.
> However, each distributor / dealer is free to
> determine the final sell price.

Thank you!