Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Vista mini found me my first hammered Henry Viii gold coin.

Posted by Ziggy 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Vista mini found me my first hammered Henry Viii gold coin.
January 26, 2015 09:23PM
Absolutely gobsmacked and virtually lost for words today when I pulled this fine treat out of the ground.

Looking down at my dug hole I thought my eyes where deceiving me and then bang... Hit home and was in total shel shock mode and to pull it out and have it there in my hands.

Sinful to rub it like I did but was utter overwhelmed and didn't think straight... I just wanted to see the detail.

Still now I'm blown away and love you vista mini :0) what a gem of a machine.

One of those things you never ever think your going to find but search up and down the country in a chance one will pop up.... I now can relax a tad and another box ticked in this crazy hobby.

My first ever roman was a buzz and then came a roman denarius in great condition what blew me away, then I nearly fell over backwards with my first silver hammered.... But this I didn't know what was going on.. It just don't happen and probably never will again.

So far the Deeptech vista range have done me so so well and never skipped a beat, if I'm finding gold hammereds with the cheapest in the range then what a testament to Deeptechs machines.

The signal was crystal clear but a smidge broken on the edges, down at 8 inches and I could raise the coil up as seen in the video.

I knew this mini was a sleeper and mentioned that in my other post last week but to get my first ever hammered gold it truly has got my attention now.

Lost for words but will let the clip and pics speak for themselves.
Thank you Deeptech and Gary what a rush :0)

I don't know how to post pictures of the coin on dankowskidetectors but I've posted them on my Facebook page.... Not saying to look but they are there if you wish to see some old english gold :0)

My page here [facebook.com]

What a blooming day.

Live dig video below.

[youtu.be] live dig
Re: Vista mini found me my first hammered Henry Viii gold coin.
January 26, 2015 09:30PM
Congratulations, an incredible find and a stunningly beautiful coin!
January 26, 2015 09:43PM
That's awesome, that right there is why we do what we do!!

Beautiful condition too! I've now been our four hunts when gold goins were found, one two US $5, one British coin and one US $20.

BTW never heard of a Vista mini, doesn't look to be much to it.
January 26, 2015 10:01PM
Thank you.... It's cheapest in the vista range... Two dials volume and sensitivity, preset discrimination, hold toggle switch down and pump coil to GB and off you detect.

No settings to mess up and it's a single tone, beep and dig and I did and found gold... What more can you ask for
January 26, 2015 10:27PM
Awesome zig

She's a beauty!!
January 26, 2015 10:30PM
Wow!!!!!

AWESOME!!!!! ..Just AWESOME!!!!!

I know you cant find the words to describe your emotions right now....

Im in AWE just looking at such a Historical treasure...

Thats some serious old world History you have there My friend...Wish I could of just been a bystander to see it surface...

Good for you...maybe theres more.!!!!

Keith
January 26, 2015 10:39PM
Thank you all.... Was a little emotional afterwards :0)
January 26, 2015 10:57PM
Oh my. Glad you got it on video for us to get excited with you. Ha, already knowing it was a gold coin when you were using the hand digger, I was mumbling to myself "be careful, be careful. lol. Congratz Ziggy. That field will never look the same to you.
January 26, 2015 11:04PM
Absolutely Fantastic........................................

DeepTech Vista X with 3 search coils.
Works for me
January 26, 2015 11:08PM
That is too cool!!!!
January 26, 2015 11:12PM
ozzie Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Oh my. Glad you got it on video for us to get
> excited with you. Ha, already knowing it was a
> gold coin when you were using the hand digger, I
> was mumbling to myself "be careful, be careful.
> lol. Congratz Ziggy. That field will
> never look the same to you.

I know..... Watching it back is like watching a horror, could of gone so so wrong, glad i didn't slap the spade through it... Arrgggghhhh
January 27, 2015 01:01AM
All I can say is WOW. You guys across the pond have the gravy train of metal detecting with big biscuit wheels.
January 27, 2015 02:07AM
Fantastic---when I saw you swing that Mexican dragline into action my heart skipped a beat, Glad you didn't hit the gold.
January 27, 2015 02:45AM
Congrats nice super cool find

LowBoy

TAKE A LITTLE TIME KICKBACK AND WATCH SOME OF MY DETECTING VIDEO'S BELOW ON YouTube

[www.youtube.com]

If you don’t dig it, then how are you going to know what you’re missing!
How can you have your pudding if you don’t eat your meat!
January 27, 2015 03:31AM
Wow dude!!! That kicks a$$!!!!! Way to go Ziggy,awesome dude!!!!
January 27, 2015 07:52AM
Thank you all for the kind comments
January 27, 2015 09:00AM
Hello Ziggy,
a beautiful coin. Congratulations! The worm escaped, after he failed to protect this coin. It was him who made this "broken" noise smiling smiley.

I noticed in your previous video, how positively surprised you were about the performance of the Vista mini. Now that must be a huge confidence boost in this machine (what in my opinion is one of the most important things). Can you remember the position of this coin in the hole?

Cheers
January 27, 2015 09:20AM
Was flat so that in my favour, if the coin was on its side things might of different and may of never found it.... I'm glad it wasn't
January 27, 2015 11:41AM
Absolutely beautiful coin!! Congratulations! I'd have to take a breather after that one also...
January 27, 2015 02:43PM
Congrats Ziggy on the great find. Great video and what makes it so special is your voice explaining the unexpected and total surprise.

El
January 27, 2015 03:47PM
An absolutely fantastic find. Thanks for sharing.
January 27, 2015 11:25PM
That’s a real beauty you have there.

Congrats on the gold coin find.

Detecting since Feb, 2010
E-trac with 18"x15" SEF, 13" Ultimate coil, Pro coil, Minelab 8" coil, 4.5"x7" SEF, Sunray target probe
CTX3030 with 17"x13" DD coil, 11" DD coil
January 27, 2015 11:41PM
Wow....congradulations....
January 28, 2015 10:24PM
Now I've found my only ever gold coin I'm ready to enjoy the hobby more..... I now honestly feel I've not got that urge to find anything amazing but before I was itching to find a gold coin.

It's like a weight has been lifted of my shoulders... have you had that feeling before or found something then after felt content ?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/28/2015 10:51PM by Ziggy.
January 28, 2015 10:40PM
Yes I always wanted a Bronze age axe, when I found the first one it was a very special moment holding one of the most ancient metal objects ever made by mankind,.

January 28, 2015 10:52PM
That's amazing..... Maybe I now need to aim for one, bet you was like me and in shock as such.... Brilliant stuff.
January 28, 2015 11:05PM
Yes my reaction was much like yours....totally unexpected as I thought I was digging just another copper penny.......great moment!
January 28, 2015 11:06PM
Well James...Big time Congrat's

AWESOME piece...Breathtaking...!!!!!!

Ziggy I got to that place you are talking about along time ago...

Till you get there though detecting is more laborous than it is relaxing...Now I can get a thrill out of the things that used to I threw in a box while looking for the things that I wanted the most...now I can appreciate the simple things more and believe it or not have fun more often than not..Now it does not matter if I find another Buckle or another coin opr button or whatever...Ive had a good time and found things I never imagined I could or would find...So while Im very driven to make finds I dont spend time with the WEIGHT as you say on my shoulders...

good to get that monkey off your back so to speak...

Now, I want to find a Gold coin to say I have but it does not consume me like certian finds long ago did....Actually now looking for certian things I want is more of a light at the end of the tunnel for me...and in alot of ways I hope the light keeps moving away...because I know as more and more things check themsleves off the list a little bit of the spark is removed from the quest..

I love to hunt, I let the finds take care of themselves...

Keith