Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Impulse Buy. CoinStrike

Posted by Mike Hillis 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Impulse Buy. CoinStrike
January 27, 2015 09:58PM
I was perusing the Classified on the 'depot and saw Phillip selling a mint Coin$trike with all the coils. The pictures looked so good, and as it was one I had owned previously, I gave into the impulse and decided to buy it. So now I got to pay for it. Don't you just love impulse buys?

This will be my 5th one. Well, technically it will still be my forth one as I've owned this particular unit before.

I guess I still have an attachment to it. I found my first two gold rings with a Coin$trike. Also found my deepest dime ever with a Coin$trike. Any other unit would have called it iron but the Coin$trike's extended high conductor range kept it ringing up as a high conducting non-ferrous object. If I recall correctly it locked on with a 42 id number. It was an 8" deep clad dime. Been over it many times with other units and none of them had ever called it a good target because the minerals wrapped it to an iron grunt.

Lets see, how to pay for it........without selling another detector just yet..........sigh......HA!

HH
Mike
Re: Impulse Buy. CoinStrike
January 27, 2015 10:09PM
It' called cognitive dissonance. Or in RedNeck parlance Awwwwwwwwwww - - - t.
Don't fret I am a RedNeck.
January 27, 2015 10:14PM
I have been wanting to try another C$. It was my first detector, probably a bit too much for a newbies detector, but it did get me some deep targets, the thing just loves anything round. I actually bought one from a forum member, it was a great deal, great running machine, but didn't have the time to use it so passed it on to a friend that was also wanting to use one again.

The one issue it had was EMI, and as a lot of my detecting is in the SF bay area, EMI can be a killer. Get it away from EMI and it's a force to be reckoned with!
January 27, 2015 11:35PM
I saw that ad and smiled...My first signal and dig with mine was a nice standing liberty quarter...Really a deep unit when learned however it called every rusted beercap a dime and our parks are loaded with them.
Talked to Fishers poster boy at the time on how to tell the difference and he replied we don't have many in our area...Beat the pants of a couple of fellows with top of the line units on deep silver but that darn rusty round thing being called a coin had me sell it..Good luck as imagine in the boonies with no or little rusty caps it can be a killer....
January 28, 2015 12:20AM
hey MIke that coinstrike really looks like new,if you find more silver that you dont need send it my way LOL!!!
January 28, 2015 01:16AM
I liked the Coinstrike once I learned not to try and max out sensitivity. At first I was ready to wrap it around a tree until I backed the power off a bit lol .
January 28, 2015 12:04PM
........... And if anyone wants a Coin$trike........... I have one.......... Like new. Just holler/send PM.

Sincerely,

Tom
January 28, 2015 01:38PM
One of my favorite units as well. I've owned a few of them.