Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

GPZ 7000

Posted by Pac man 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
GPZ 7000
February 01, 2015 01:45AM
Picture I saw looks like it has a two pcs lower rod. Should adapt to the CTX maybe.

Lot of complaints about the CTX not breaking down to a shorter length. This could be the solution but if so it probably cost way to much anyway.

Well see.
JR
Re: GPZ 7000
February 01, 2015 01:54PM
The 7000 part is probably how much it will list for
February 01, 2015 03:56PM
February 01, 2015 04:58PM
Steve Herschbach Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> [www.detectorprospector.com]
> nthly_02_2015/post-1-0-76564700-1422806097.jpg

holy crap Steve, that thing is AWESOME....
February 01, 2015 05:17PM
Here's the comparison/main differences of the GPX 5000 VS the GPZ 7000

February 01, 2015 10:12PM
hmm..Hey Steve H.,you have any idea what zero voltage transmission is? Assume its still a p.i. Wonder if can use same coils as the gp's.
February 02, 2015 02:16AM
Zero Voltage Transmission....

Mabe they are able to eliminate any residual signal in the switching from transmit to receive maybe?

if they can do that it should punch deeper and see smaller...

Still a P.i. but more advanced..

Just a stab..

Keith
February 02, 2015 04:30AM
I'm very interested. Probably won't be able to stomach the price but still gonna take the trip to the dealership to take a look at one when they come available.
DJK
February 02, 2015 06:20AM
We are trying to relocate to AZ. My detector needs will change since I will likely do some prospecting using a detector when we do sell our home here in VA, then make the move. In 2014 we stayed the four hot months of summer in Apache Junction taking care of an ill family member. We will likely move to that general area having relatives already there. Knowing almost nothing about PI detectors, I now am reading about them some, this 7000 peaks my interest since I already use a CTX3030. The chart above, showing the difference between the two PI detectors shows the 5000 as having iron discrimination, but the 7000 as "all metal". Being a new top end detector, and likely deeper seeking, wouldn't that all metal be a negative over the older 5000? Now if it were all metal and had target trace on the visual screen, that would be quite nice but they would likely have to make it some sort of hybrid. I know some guys here on the East coast that use PI detectors to beach hunt, but they have to dig everything. Any recommendations as to what detector I should consider for AZ prospecting. I am 67 but will likely spend as much time as I can out there swinging. If detecting on club properties is not worth the effort, please let me know.
February 02, 2015 07:52AM
DJK Wrote:
The chart above, showing the
> difference between the two PI detectors shows the
> 5000 as having iron discrimination, but the 7000
> as "all metal". Being a new top end detector, and
> likely deeper seeking, wouldn't that all metal be
> a negative over the older 5000?

The iron discrimination is kind of a catch 22.....if you are in an area that has gold, you need to dig everything. Discrimination is not perfect and it will cause you to miss gold. But, having said that....if you are scouting an area with the 5000 using a DD coil, and it has a lot of trash, the discrimination can be a nice feature. If your fortunate enough to find a nugget in one of these areas, then you switch to all metal and dig everything. Found more than one nugget hiding under a nail :-)

Personally I use a DD coil and discrimination as a last resort. A mono coil is my preference. I get better depth and sensitivity to small (and large) gold as long as the soil will allow it.

Some people use a VLF for scouting and discrimination (if the soil will allow it) then switch over to a PI unit once gold is located......then dig everything.....Notice a trend here :-) Personally I don't use a VLF very often for nugget hunting, there are alot of people that do and have been quite successful, I'm not one of them.

Good luck with your move.

Kenny
DJK
February 02, 2015 06:49PM
Kenny, thanks for the reply. I am hopeful that the chart above is only a teaser and that not every feature the 7000 has is listed there. Missing that scouting feature you describe is something to think about. When I first arrived in AZ last summer we had a few, not many days where it was okay to hike, it then got too hot for me. Even on a short hike from the old mining road I was thinking about what it must be like to carry a large PI and supplies on much farther hikes. I have a lot to learn about PI detectors and prospecting, thanks again.
February 12, 2015 12:07AM
JR Wrote:
> The 7000 part is probably how much it will list
> for

I'm hearing nearly a cool 10k!!
Re: GPZ 7000 You're right $10000.!!
February 12, 2015 03:42AM
Maybe a little discount. I'm not seeing one in my future.!
February 12, 2015 03:51AM
Depending on how fast they release them to dealers...I may get to see one next month at the Virginia hunt. I'm interested to see what it brings to the table with the display. Will probably have sticker shock at the price but Minelab always has high MAP anyway, and dealers sell them considerably less than MAP.
February 12, 2015 03:55AM
Rumours here in Australia is that the list price will be around $10,500 OZ maybe a tad more.

I read somewhere the coil is only submersible to 1 metre.

This machine with its features should excel in virgin ground that has not been disturbed
by prospectors where you can use its mapping and GPS feature. Using the machine in
dusturbed ground eg diggings these features in my opinion are not necessary because
the area has been altered and teh nuggets found could be gold that was dropped or
missed during the early rush.

For the money I would like to see awesome on screen Gold Identification vs iron capabilities
but time will tell.

I won't be buying one because of its mapping and gps feature or the extra depth. The price
between a 5000 and the new machine is in excess of $4k if rumours on price is correct.

Detector specifications will be released on the 18th of Feb. Detector will be released on
the 18th of Feb with the detector being released a bit a latter.

[www.prospectingaustralia.com.au]

The question is - Will other manufacturers then release a new detector model?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/12/2015 03:57AM by wolfau.
February 12, 2015 04:05AM
Wouldn't the bigger coil of the GPZ 7000 be the reason for the majority of the 40 percent increase in depth? I actually know very little about PI units.
February 12, 2015 06:02AM
tnsharpshooter Wrote:
> Wouldn't the bigger coil of the GPZ 7000 be the
> reason for the majority of the 40 percent increase
> in depth? I actually know very little about PI
> units.

Well the larger the coil more deeper you would detect missing out on some very small gold.

I am presuming the extra percentage in depth claims is being made with a 14"dd and a GPX5000.

Not sure though. Whats imperative in worked out Gold Fields is discrimination or some
sort of Screen Id that works.

Looking forward to the release of this new machine though.
February 12, 2015 10:16AM
From Someone that tried to swing the 17 inch coil on the CTX I will say that the machine will be a shoulder killer.
February 12, 2015 09:54PM
February 13, 2015 01:34AM
Very good video.

Makes me curious on two fronts:

1) Wet Salt handling/capabilities
2) uS Pulse Delay
February 13, 2015 07:33AM
Tom
I was of the impression it is not a PI, but some form of a all metal vlf/hybrid that handles bad dirt better than a Pi.
On Steve's forum, there is a 7 minute video that gives a little insight.
February 13, 2015 10:08AM
Watched the video. Really neat sounding machine but it only raises more questions for me. I keep hearing a MAP of around $9,000 US dollars. Which means the street price will probably be around that $7000 area. That's a lot of $. I'll wait for Steve H. to chime in when he can, and see what he says about it.
February 13, 2015 10:25AM
If you invest that kind of money in a detector you need a return in finds. A detector for a select group of people.
February 13, 2015 11:38AM
Another question is: If it generates approx. 40% more depth with that huge 14" coil................,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,.................. I wonder if the depth would be approx. comparable to a GPX-5000 if it only had a 11" coil installed.

((( By all rights........ with a 14" coil as 'standard' equipment........ it SHOULD go 40% deeper )))
February 13, 2015 11:48AM
Tom, that was adressed over on Rob Allisons forum. DOC who is a dealer and was at the conference,stated the 40% was actual depth increase,not 14" vs.11".
February 13, 2015 01:25PM
Ray....... I'm referring to 14" coil size/diameter ..... vs ..... 11" coil size/diameter,,,,,,,,,,, and not 14" deep vs 11" deep.

(and achieving greater depth on tiny 'pickers' nuggets...... with a large 14" diameter coil...... still pique's my interest)
February 13, 2015 01:32PM
[www.minelab.com]

Well...it sure has my attention. There are SEVERAL things I like here.

1. It don't have that stupid coiled cord and huge battery pack that kept you tethered down. That is worth $1,000 itself.
2. Some don't like the feel or balance of the CTX....well I happen to like it. So that is a plus too. I think with the 3 coil options for the GPZ, that it will be just fine.
3. Weatherproof. GPX's are not.
4. The depth certainly is eye catching. BUT...what cost does it come at? There's a lot of speculation that there isn't any form of iron discrimination...but the official testers are still under agreement to not speak. I'm sure once they get the green light, they will be able to explain what is and is not going on with that.

If it does indeed have some form of iron ID or discrimination, I think I will have to get one. Even though it costs more than what I gave for my truck...I will find some way or some how to get it. I may have to book a trip to the gold fields and pay for it that way though. Hey Steve...got room for a guest? Hahaha
February 13, 2015 10:23PM
With the high demand of this new machine
Prices on used gpx macines may drop.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/13/2015 10:36PM by wolfau.
February 14, 2015 02:10AM
NASA-Tom Wrote:
> Ray....... I'm referring to 14" coil size/diameter
> ..... vs ..... 11" coil size/diameter,,,,,,,,,,,
> and not 14" deep vs 11" deep.
>
> (and achieving greater depth on tiny 'pickers'
> nuggets...... with a large 14" diameter coil......
> still pique's my interest)

I know you are Tom,and thats what I meant. Well know soon...Steve H. was a tester.
February 15, 2015 08:32PM
Daniel Tn Wrote:

> There's a lot of speculation that there isn't any form of iron discrimination...but the official testers are still under agreement to not speak.
> If it does indeed have some form of iron ID or discrimination, I think I will have to get one.

Even though the official release is not until Feb 18 ...
The GPX 5000 chart above in this thread
The preliminary (not official) user manual published at the FCC site
The Minelab GPZ 7000 promotional brochure
The Minelab YouTube Introduction Video [www.youtube.com]

All lead me to conclude at this moment there is no iron ID or discrimination on the GPZ 7000. Perhaps there is not (yet) a suitable technique to use with Zero Voltage Technology for ferrous discrimination.