Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

The F-19 is a sweet relic/ button machine.

Posted by Kevin B 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
The F-19 is a sweet relic/ button machine.
February 01, 2015 03:41AM
I recently acquired an F-19. I popped my 11 inch coil on it and went to a farm that was hunted to death. I know that "hunted to death" has become cliche. But man, I walked my hind-end off today. But thankfully, I didn't get skunked. (But I hunted very near a rotten, road-killed skunk. I even carried the smell home with me as it got into the fibers of my clothing!!!! Anyway, I had to walk a good mile and a half to find this:

The cuff buttons where about 6 to 7 inches deep in mineralized ground. (4 Bars of Fe on the meter). They about bursted my ear drums! Heck, even the 36 cal balls where loud on my Killer Bees. I found a few items. And I lost my cell phone while bending over. Oh well. New phone and number tomorrow. Happy Detecting. kevin
Re: The F-19 is a sweet relic/ button machine.
February 01, 2015 04:02AM
Lookin good Kevin. Ever been there before with T-2 of F75???
February 01, 2015 04:12AM
Good digging Kevin.

The F19 jumps on the Brass!!!

Congrat's

Keith
February 01, 2015 08:14AM
Nice saves Kevin

looks like you have some bad dirt around there...

Waiting on a new F19 to arrive myself!
February 01, 2015 03:28PM
Nice going.

Those hard earned ones are always worth more.

Pac Man
February 01, 2015 05:27PM
Sleeper unit fellows. Unit don't get the respect it deserves. Wish fisher would have offered a 3 coil package, 7x11, 5x10, and 5 inch. For a one detector purchase (possession) hard combo to beat in medium to high mineralized soil for VLF detector for the $$$.
February 01, 2015 05:58PM
Do F19's have the differences in performance between machines that the F75's do?
February 01, 2015 06:15PM
Nice finds Kevin! The F-19 is a great little machine.

Walt

Walt,

From the GA-FL line

Silver microMax, CTX 3030, Excal 2, ATPro
February 01, 2015 06:57PM
Kevin, good hunt....and exercise.....can you speak to any perceived improvements with the F19 over a G2?
February 02, 2015 12:49AM
Nice finds. I have a F19 just waiting to get used. The real sleeper is the G2 guys. Oops I didn't mean to say that. I know that.
February 02, 2015 12:53AM
The F-19 (with my G2 ii inch coil installed) will touch my 12 inch bullet in my back yard. My G2, with same coil, would not ackonwledge it. I am talking DISC mode on both units. The F-19 is hotter in my estimation. I have a 13 inch Ultimate to put on it. I will take it to my next hunt (huge cow pastures.......retreat zones). I'll see how that rascal does.
I have read talk on here ( or maybe somewhere else) that a large coil is not especially suited to the orange dirt (where I have been hunting). But I will try it out (the 13 in Ultimate) because I need ground coverage.
I am really impressed with the F19. I had developed a habit of changing batteries on my G2 (and my F19) after one battery bar disappeared. This was wholly unnecessary. The depth is the same. At least in my test garden it was. I haven't tested one bar on the battery readout yet. But being able to use two bars has almost doubled my detecting time!!!! Pleased with that too.
I am NOT touting the F-19 as the next best thing to sliced bread. But it works for me. But I had learned my G2 really well (not hard for simple folk like me) and the F19 was a definite step up. Just my 2 cents after only 5 yrs of detecting.
February 02, 2015 01:03AM
Cool buddy I'm just waiting to enjoy the same love. Thanks TIM
February 02, 2015 01:04AM
thanks Kevin, good information..it will be interesting seeing how the new G2+ does....
February 02, 2015 01:09AM
Yes, I would like one. I'll just be totally candid. I have always thought that the Tek G2/Fisher Gold Bug Pro where really good all arounders with a penchant for Civil war brass buttons (19khz). And personally, I prefer the Teknetics set up of the control box being mounted higher off the rod (like the F75). It seems to handle better.....for me. And I am a tall feller.
February 02, 2015 01:10AM
The g2 is so quiet. It doesn't respond to anything but a target under it. That's what I love about that machine. Now it does false occasionally when there's clay under the brown dirt. I really don't know how to explain it or other than that. Gost holes. When your after deepies.
February 02, 2015 01:17AM
Yes, I have noticed that. In fact, after I removed the plug from that last cuff button.....I waved the coil over the hole. Nothing!!!! But then I scrubbed the hole with my Garret Pro Pointer. Beep Beep Beep............Button. This was in that orange, 4 bar, dirt. I cannot understand this anomaly. I just try to acclimate to it.