Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

T2 LTD2 Maiden voyage

Posted by Cal_cobra 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
T2 LTD2 Maiden voyage
February 02, 2015 02:08AM
Took my new T2 LTD2/DST out today and decided to hit a spot in the woods near a creek that I always figured was an old camping or picnic area. Found a 1910S wheatie, a small buckle, and a maverick token that just says RE on each side, it's brass about the size of a nickel, which I thought it was when I first got it out of the hole.

I started hunting in 3 tone mode, and it wasn't feeling like it was getting the depth and solid hits like 3 tone mode does on my F75 LTD2. I switched over to BP mode, 99 sens, 0 disc and it ran smooth (go big or go home right?). Right away it seemed to be running better, signals were stronger, and it's definitely got raw power in this mode!

One thing that I don't like is that it goes bonkers when I fire up my Garrett Pro-pointer (the F75 doesn't). Anyone else seeing the same issue? Any remedy?

Thanks,
Brian
Re: T2 LTD2 Maiden voyage
February 02, 2015 08:29AM
It's more common for them to get upset by ProPointers that are switched off, my F75 could pick up my PP at 2.5 metres (100 inches) with the 11 x 7 coil. I ended up modifying the PP, that brought the pickup distance down to 1 metre (40 inches), which is acceptable. The Minelab ProFind is designed to be less easily detectable when turned off.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/02/2015 10:02AM by Pimento.
February 02, 2015 04:44PM
Never had a problem with the F75 picking up the pinpointer, on or off. The T2 LTD2 doesn't pick it up when it's off, but when it's on, OMG!

What modification did you do the the PP to fix it?
February 02, 2015 05:53PM
I changed components in the tuning circuitry, to drop its frequency from 12.4KHz down to 11.5KHz.
February 02, 2015 05:55PM
I have been reading forums people with there T2s are having trouble with their pinpointers,they said that what works for them is T2s have 1 thru 7 frequencys and they go thru them and see wich is the quietest for them ,have no idea if it works or not.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/02/2015 06:20PM by skinner.
February 02, 2015 06:41PM
In general, I would suggest trying the detector frequency that is furthest from the pointers', which in the F75's case is F7 (13.158KHz). I don't know why some people have the problem and others don't. The Garrett probe is only tuned by capacitors/inductor, not quartz crystals etc, so will be subject to some production variation, and temperature induced variation. I've only measured a grand total of two of them, they were both the same frequency, about 12.37KHz. It may be that some are significantly different.
February 02, 2015 11:00PM
Yeah my T2 goes nuts when using a pinpointer. I've had the same problem with the Garrett and the TRX. Changing frequency on the T2 does help.

Discrimination is the root of all evil.
February 04, 2015 05:14AM
Cal_cobra Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Took my new T2 LTD2/DST out today and decided to
> hit a spot in the woods near a creek that I always
> figured was an old camping or picnic area. Found a
> 1910S wheatie, a small buckle, and a maverick
> token that just says RE on each side, it's brass
> about the size of a nickel, which I thought it was
> when I first got it out of the hole.
>
> I started hunting in 3 tone mode, and it wasn't
> feeling like it was getting the depth and solid
> hits like 3 tone mode does on my F75 LTD2. I
> switched over to BP mode, 99 sens, 0 disc and it
> ran smooth (go big or go home right?). Right away
> it seemed to be running better, signals were
> stronger, and it's definitely got raw power in
> this mode!
>
> One thing that I don't like is that it goes
> bonkers when I fire up my Garrett Pro-pointer (the
> F75 doesn't). Anyone else seeing the same issue?
> Any remedy?
>
> Thanks,
> Brian

yup!..change the frequency of the pro-pointer! (which of course,you can't!)
it does the same thing to me runnin' the mx-5!..the mx-5 has a "stand by" mode.i use that when i set 'er down to dig!
tap one button and she sleeps while the garrett is being used!

(h.h.!)
j.t.
February 04, 2015 05:21AM
stand by mode?? great idea! Yeah,the garret messes with my deus too...but I rarely use a pinpointer. Ray
February 04, 2015 05:28AM
yeah! i hear ya!,,i never did for over 30 years too!
i bought one foe sh*ts and giggles one day used,and
still sometimes forget to use it on a dig,mainly because i am
so used to using the coil to pin point! after 35 years,it's a habit!

(h.h.!)
j.t.