Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Been using the Omega Again

Posted by Keith Southern 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Been using the Omega Again
May 04, 2010 03:15AM
Used one about a year ago and had some problems with it.. Well I got hold of another one with the 3 coil deal and It is proving to be what we need in a modern detector in mineralized North Georgia red clay...

If you dont see the performance from a higher freq machine .. you may like the Omega fitted with the 11DD Bi-Axial!!!( Lower freq in bad ground does wonders for depth)

One thing that is really coming to light for me is the Omega has an affinity for large brass at depth...Something a higher freq machine struggles with to some degree especially when you get up in the upper teen's in Khz..

It also retains great sensitivity to small co-located targets in iron trash (Square nails mid 1800's) with its quick target response and excellent punch..

Just thought I would share ..

Keith
Re: Been using the Omega Again
May 04, 2010 06:09AM
Yes it is my fun machine with the bite of the LTD

LowBoy

TAKE A LITTLE TIME KICKBACK AND WATCH SOME OF MY DETECTING VIDEO'S BELOW ON YouTube

[www.youtube.com]

If you don’t dig it, then how are you going to know what you’re missing!
How can you have your pudding if you don’t eat your meat!
May 04, 2010 08:23PM
Good info to share.
May 05, 2010 03:45AM
low boy!..be careful about that "bite" it can be "habit forming!"..(lol!)

(h.h!)
j.t.
May 05, 2010 03:31PM
I work so hard at finding relics and wanting to find something each time I go out. When I have a day where I get skunked I know that my time will come again where I find alot of good finds. But sometimes it is nice to go out and not care what you find, I just go out to dig and se what comes out of the ground. The Omega is the fun factor for that kind of hunting. You can push it, it is deep and fast and I never feel like why didn't use my LTD. I have been looking for a detector for that very reason for a few years. I know something will come out that I will have to have. But I like the lower Freq for some of my hunting. So it may be awhile till I spend my money on a new unit. I am a fisher man all the way and have been for about six years.

LowBoy

TAKE A LITTLE TIME KICKBACK AND WATCH SOME OF MY DETECTING VIDEO'S BELOW ON YouTube

[www.youtube.com]

dgc
May 06, 2010 12:42AM
Lawrenzo Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> But sometimes it is nice to go out and not care what
> you find, I just go out to dig and see what comes
> out of the ground.

There you go. My sentiments exactly. Sometimes I'll dig a small nondescript piece of brass at good depth and just be satisfied that the F75 LTD is doing its job. Somebody said in a post that its just exciting to dig things that were last touched by persons long long ago. Every dig is exciting. You never know for sure what you're about to uncover. That's why this hobby never gets old.
May 06, 2010 04:15AM
hi lowboy!
do you think the 8000 is separating targets in your ground as well as your f-75?
how about the depth?..roughly the same on coins?..much less (e.m.i) to deal with?

thanks!
(h.h!)
j.t.
May 06, 2010 03:36PM
I think it is just about as fast as the 75 it is as deep loves copper and brass. I think the 5DD would be the way to go for trash and I think it would be faster..but as I have said it is my backup to the LTD and I never feel I am going to miss something with the 8000. It is the best detector I have used in a long time. If I liked the f75 I would be using that as my backup.

LowBoy

[www.youtube.com]

May 07, 2010 04:37AM
thanks!. for your "in the field" honesty!...really enjoy your vids!

(h.h!)
j.t.