Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

IMO the FORS CoRe unit is..........

Posted by tnsharpshooter 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
IMO the FORS CoRe unit is..........
February 05, 2015 02:23AM
the best one coil(stock) detector currently for the price and performance on open market. It's unreal how the stock coil separates. TID reading is good too(steady) on all but the deepest of targets. Folks if the racer offers same/better performance watch out. Already one new sheriff in town, may be another. Remember Keith's video with the nickel and 12 penny nail, the CoRe unit with stock coil hit it. It's amazing using the stock coil in piles of trash, you can use the minelab wiggle with stock coil and the copper/silver will come to light. I saw glints of 84s and 86s come in the window today with high tone. Dig and sift and walla, the dime or penny jumps out. And some of these were less than 4 inches deep, lying there the whole time being swept right over with other high tech/quality detectors and not being dug.
Re: IMO the FORS CoRe unit is..........
February 05, 2015 02:37AM
Sounds like my gold bug pro as far as vdi in trash. Does it have much more punch? Can the audio relay colocated targets under the coil like a sovereign or the Deus? Ray

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/05/2015 03:03AM by deathray.
February 05, 2015 02:51AM
Hi,,,,what happens if Andy died and Barney Fife becomes sheriff?..........JJ
February 05, 2015 03:01AM
Depends, does Barney still have his bullet in his pocket???
February 05, 2015 03:30AM
You guys are killing me!
February 05, 2015 03:33AM
Deathray,
Don't know about colocated targets and audio. I hunted today without headphones, I forgot them. Did have Deus with its phones, no help of course. That's how good the audio is on CoRe. Without headphones, unless the wind is blowing medium to hard velocity, the CoRe audio very good, easy to understand. I believe its audio flows better than Deus a tad. The Deus is sparkier than CoRe, meaning a little noiser when running; especially at high sensitivity. In DI3, a good modern trash mode the CoRe unit is really quiet even at higher sensitivity levels (depth capabilities are lessened though or are supposed to be). But I have a 10 inch buried clad dime, and in DI3 99 sens, my machine is hitting it pretty good. Hasn't been buried long either. And I have a deep nickel buried at a foot and my unit hits it- not quite as good as dime, but close. Something is going on in DI3 vs DI2, don't know what it is but it's something special. Can't put my finger on it, seems the CoRe unit hits coins better at depth in DI3 vs DI2 at times, yet DI2 I think is generally deeper. I think its tied EMI`but can't prove it yet. I played with the AM on the machine today. I would be curious to hear some other folks comment on what other machines have a better or as good a AM threshold and smoothness factor, depth too. This baby seems to be pretty deep in AM.
February 05, 2015 03:52AM
does it have target i.d. in all metal?
February 05, 2015 03:57AM
Yes it does have TID in all metal. Last week I was using CoRe unit in DI2 sens 93 in this big field with big power lines approx 800 ft away. There were times the ground was so clean I thought my unit was not turned on. I would wave my shovel towards the coil periodically just to make sure the unit was on.
February 05, 2015 07:41AM
Haven't heard anything about the racer for a while, it just went quite......any beta testers want to give us some "read between the lines" hints how it compares to the FORS CoRe ? ? ? ?
February 05, 2015 05:15PM
Cal_cobra Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Haven't heard anything about the racer for a
> while, it just went quite......any beta testers
> want to give us some "read between the lines"
> hints how it compares to the FORS CoRe ? ? ? ?

That would be nice!-----If the Racer is going to be released in late Feb. (like was mentioned)--some performance info on it before long would be super.-----Nokta/Makro also said their was videos going to be released on it shortly.------We're waiting---and "chomping at the bit"! smiling smiley
February 05, 2015 05:30PM
deathray Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Sounds like my gold bug pro as far as vdi in
> trash. Does it have much more punch? Can the audio
> relay colocated targets under the coil like a
> sovereign or the Deus? Ray

Moreso than you can ever dream of Ray. I'm working 3 more days then starting some video hunts. You won't believe it until you see it. That GB pro will become a boat paddle after running the CoRe.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/05/2015 05:42PM by Jack Flynn.
February 05, 2015 08:26PM
I'll let you Know this weekend if I can..maybe even a Video if I can..

Hold tight..

Keith