Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Better late than never!

Posted by triplehooked 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Better late than never!
February 05, 2015 03:22AM
Here in Michigan, we are under a foot of snow and 15°, give or take. While I'm enjoying your guys' posts, I figured that I should (finally) sort out the finds from my last couple of hunts before freeze up. The crushed bell and small case with the birds on them are from earlier hunts, but I don't think I ever posted pics of them. Otherwise, my first all brass shot gun shell (20ga), my largest intact bell to date, IH (79), chunk of lead, a woman's broach or buckle, a knife, rivet, and my oldest token to date, 1837 Phoenix hard times token. Anyways, keep posting guys (and gals), cabin fever here!

Re: Better late than never!
February 05, 2015 03:27AM
That is some awesome looking finds Triplehooked!!!!!!! Well done and thanks for sharing!!!!!! I love seeing pics of other guys and gals finds. It keeps me fired up!!!
February 05, 2015 03:32AM
Hi,,,,boy that token is sweet,I also like the buckle with the lady driving a car, probably early 1900's....Thanks for sharing...JJ
February 05, 2015 03:49AM
I may have to come and visit you and help you haul your finds. I can dig too. Looks like you have some great sites. I was born in Toledo, I may just consider a trip up north to see how you yanks detect. I know there was more money, probably jewelry too, to be had vs here in the poor old south.
February 05, 2015 03:51AM
Thanks guys! It took a lot of soaking to get the token to where you could id it. At first I thought it was a half penny, turns out it was even better. Monetarily not anything valuable, but I'm very excited to have found it. I was thinking the same thing about the buckle, jj. Being that it is so large, it was a bit deeper than I originally thought....hit it with my shovel...I've barely covered even an eighth of this site, and although it's primarily been late 1800s relics, I've popped up a couple of older items so far, hoping for more this spring and summer...
February 05, 2015 04:02AM
tnsharpshooter Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I may have to come and visit you and help you haul
> your finds. I can dig too. Looks like you have
> some great sites. I was born in Toledo, I may
> just consider a trip up north to see how you yanks
> detect. I know there was more money, probably
> jewelry too, to be had vs here in the poor old
> south.

You are welcome anytime. I'd like to see what the Core can do at these sites.

Btw...here's what the token used to look like..[www.ebay.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/05/2015 04:07AM by triplehooked.
February 05, 2015 11:28AM
Love that buckle.
February 05, 2015 02:46PM
The all brass shot gun shell is neat. A few years ago we were out in AZ about 50 miles from the nearest town, camped out and my wife wanted to detect up a big wash close by--of course being all knowing and seeing I assured her there was Nothing up the wash,but she went anyway and the first signal she got was a mint all brass 12 gauge shot shell. ANYTIME the gang is talking detecting I have to listen to this story. Just proves you never know what is out there. Good luck with the cabin fever.
February 05, 2015 03:25PM
Two ways to help with cabin fever are sledding hills and if you have a saltwater beach within reasonable distance remember they never freeze...Come on Spring.....Put on the rubber booths or perhaps a walking mall to keep the legs in shape....
February 05, 2015 04:54PM
I had to do a double take on that Phoenix token, at first I thought it was a Phoenix button, and was thinking how did that get to Michigan ?

Nice finds, looks like you have a good spot!
February 05, 2015 07:46PM
Cal_cobra Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I had to do a double take on that Phoenix token,
> at first I thought it was a Phoenix button, and
> was thinking how did that get to Michigan?

Yeah, I can only dream. I was ecstatic to find my first general service button this summer, yet alone a Phoenix! Those are some cool looking buttons you guys have out there!
February 05, 2015 08:14PM
Neat sash buckle...women driving a car it so seems...looks like the teens...

Keith