Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Coin cidence?..pun intended

Posted by ozzie 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Coin cidence?..pun intended
May 05, 2010 02:13AM
Did anyone ever get a feeling just before going to a certain site, that you were going to find a particular coin? This happened to me twice. The first time I had this positive feeling of sureness as I was driving to this property, that I was going to find a seated dime, low and behold...presto, there it was, ten minutes into the hunt. I thought, that was odd, and moved on. That was last year.

Last Saturday, as I was walking to my neighbors farm, I got the same feeling. This dosen't happen all the time, like I said only once before. In my minds eye I saw a Walking Liberty Half. As I approached the farm, I was drawn to this one area and started to swing. Twenty minutes later I got a nice crisp steady high tone, VDI in the low 90's, Hmmmmm, don't want to get too excited, those numbers are pretty high. Sank the spade, lifted the plug, at the bottom of the hole I see a glare from the sun. I didn't have my glasses on, and at first it looked like an aluminum top untill I picked it up and felt the weight. I put on my glasses....no way, whats goin on here, whats up with that, that feeling, the same one I had about the seated, now it's a 1940 Walking Liberty half.

I am always "up" and "excited" before a hunt, but that's a different feeling than the ones I had with the dime & the half.
Coincidence? More than likely,,, I'm not going to dwell on it, just enjoy them when they come.

Steve.
Re: Coin cidence?..pun intended
May 05, 2010 08:52AM
Steve,

Sounds like you (nearly) do not need a metal detector!
May 05, 2010 10:41AM
:- ) Tom, I'd only have two coins in my collection. I'm going to have start concentrating on gold eagles...maybe one will turn up, LOL.
May 05, 2010 11:06AM
I had something very similar happen last fall. Going to visit my dad I passed the old church where I went when I was a boy. Looking at the grounds around the old church a thought entered my mind that there was silver coins at a particular spot. Well, the next week the same feeling came as I passed by the church on the way to my dad's house. The very next week I brought my detector and after leaving my dad's house, I pulled into the lot, turned on the detector, walked over to the spot I had been looking at each week and less than 5 minutes later I found a nice silver Washington quarter. I guess you have to call it intuition.
May 05, 2010 03:25PM
I also had that happen when I was first learning to hunt. We got invited to a ranch and were told about the history of the land. I said I am going to find an Indian Head today and I did and it was my first. I have had that happen a few times after that even not too long ago on different finds and same thing happened.

LowBoy

TAKE A LITTLE TIME KICKBACK AND WATCH SOME OF MY DETECTING VIDEO'S BELOW ON YouTube

[www.youtube.com]

If you don’t dig it, then how are you going to know what you’re missing!
How can you have your pudding if you don’t eat your meat!
May 06, 2010 01:17AM
Yep. Has happened to me. And it always happens fairly quick within 30 minutes. Can hunt rest of day and not have a find near as good.