Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

I am liking the Fisher F-19 more and more

Posted by Kevin B 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
I am liking the Fisher F-19 more and more
February 05, 2015 05:22PM
And the irony (I THINK that's the correct term) is that I am a professed Teknetics G2 lover. I can tell ya one thing. The F19 will hit my deepest bullet (12 inches) when I attach my G2's 11 inch coil!!! My G2 will not even grunt over it. But I love my G2 so much that I will keep it as a spare. (Plus, I need it's 11 inch coil). There isn't much substance to this post. Just my current thinking on the Fisher F-19. Another thing that I like about it, is that it saves all of your settings (except Ground Balancing, of course). It's a quiet as the G2 but seems to have a faster reaction time. But since reaction times are so small, there is no way that I can prove that statement. I'm just going by what I 'feel' when sweeping through beds of old nails. Plus, it has that awesome VCO. VCO cuts in half the amount of shallow stuff that I would otherwise dig. Most Civil War relics in the places that i hunt are from 3 to 8 inches deep. 8 inches being quite deep! I bought this F19 used.....so I ain't a 'tester' or anything like that. I doubt that I will ever be picked to test units, given my propensity to buy and sell, buy and sell, buy and sell............Anyway, y'all have a great Thursday!!!!!
One more off-topic thing: I have been watching the news reports about the Jordanian pilot being burned alive by those horrific monsters ISIS!!!!!! I applaud the I Egyptian President for taking retribution immediately!!!!!! He didn't go out and play a couple of rounds of golf, chatting and laughing, after he found out that one of his subjects/citizens was murdered. He ACTED!!!!!!!
Re: I am liking the Fisher F-19 more and more
February 05, 2015 07:19PM
Dang Kevin, are we brothers seperated at birth or something? I am right there with ya...have had a love affair (that sounded wierd!) with my G2 for 4 years (especially with the Ultimate coil on it), and just bought the F19. Got a buddy in PA who I turned on to the G2, and he keeps telling me...these G2's are WAY underrated!
Kevin, you go brutha!
February 05, 2015 08:12PM
F19s the real deal ...I like it better than the G2 or GB Pro..now on the G2+....that might be the sweetest yet...will find out soon..

Keith
February 06, 2015 12:29AM
Kevin you may be able to prove the reaction time, I believe First Texas/Fisher publishes that data in the user manual.
February 06, 2015 03:59AM
Cal_cobra Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Kevin you may be able to prove the reaction time,
> I believe First Texas/Fisher publishes that data
> in the user manual.

Thanks Cal-Cobra. I'll research that tomorrow.
February 08, 2015 06:39PM
Kevin B, sekypaleo, and Keith Southern...I just wanted to personally say thank you again to all of you for your hard work on the various metal detector unit descriptions/ratings/testings/videos and useful, real world information that you have shared over the years. I have learned so much from you all.

I currently have the GBPro with 13 inch ultimate coil on it and have had so much fun last year with the unit. But going into 2015, I'm eye balling the makro racer, G2+, or F19. (I'm thinking the detech 13 ultimate would work with the latter 2)

Keep up the informative posts please!

Thanks again,
Bubba

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/08/2015 06:41PM by bubbadirect.
February 08, 2015 08:54PM
Bubba, I have a 13 inch Ultimate that I was using on my G2. I will plug it into my F19 and do some hunting in few days, hopefully. I really like the 13" Ultimate. It causes my G2 to Ground Balance lower (not sure why) and I still haven't got a handle on what changes with the ID numbers (if any). That is how little I have used it. On the F19. I would certainly add a 11 inch coil along with it's stock 5x10. In fact, all I use on the F19 is the 11 inch coil off of my g2. Works perfectly. Goes plenty deep for my soil.
February 08, 2015 09:39PM
I've been thinking about the bigger coil.
But still hunting with the stock 10x5 and every outing something new appears I haven't dug with any of my previous machines.

For instance the 2€ cent modern clad is a real hard target to flip out of the ground in our iron bearing clay minerals.
A steel core coin with 2 tiny slivers of copper about 10 mm in diameter.

I'll probably order a big coil before long. On the other hand my F75 Ltd performs that task just great :-)

HH
Johnb
February 09, 2015 05:51PM
Kevin B Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> And the irony (I THINK that's the correct term) is
> that I am a professed Teknetics G2 lover. I can
> tell ya one thing. The F19 will hit my deepest
> bullet (12 inches) when I attach my G2's 11 inch
> coil!!! My G2 will not even grunt over it. But I
> love my G2 so much that I will keep it as a spare.
> (Plus, I need it's 11 inch coil). There isn't much
> substance to this post. Just my current thinking
> on the Fisher F-19. Another thing that I like
> about it, is that it saves all of your settings
> (except Ground Balancing, of course). It's a
> quiet as the G2 but seems to have a faster
> reaction time. But since reaction times are so
> small, there is no way that I can prove that
> statement. I'm just going by what I 'feel' when
> sweeping through beds of old nails. Plus, it has
> that awesome VCO. VCO cuts in half the amount of
> shallow stuff that I would otherwise dig. Most
> Civil War relics in the places that i hunt are
> from 3 to 8 inches deep. 8 inches being quite
> deep! I bought this F19 used.....so I ain't a
> 'tester' or anything like that. I doubt that I
> will ever be picked to test units, given my
> propensity to buy and sell, buy and sell, buy and
> sell............Anyway, y'all have a great
> Thursday!!!!!
> One more off-topic thing: I have been watching
> the news reports about the Jordanian pilot being
> burned alive by those horrific monsters ISIS!!!!!!
> I applaud the I Egyptian President for taking
> retribution immediately!!!!!! He didn't go out
> and play a couple of rounds of golf, chatting and
> laughing, after he found out that one of his
> subjects/citizens was murdered. He ACTED!!!!!!!

hellacious monsters! not sure what they expect to gain
from that cowardly act,except to stiffen resistance to them everywhere!

(h.h.!)
j.t.
February 10, 2015 05:36AM
The F19 is easily the most underrated unit on the market.

I don't use it for coins or relics and haven't even started her up in disc mode (expect straight out of the box)so I cannot help or talk about any better/finner /improved iron disc range and notch segment different between it and the DP or G2/G2+.

But I can say that the all metal mode when the correlation of gain and threshold are running true with that beautiful ggrab ....that these can be worked and cruise on very hot ground indeed. That ground grab is instant and exact!

We used to run VLF's with a slightly positive ground balance to bring up a slight deep signal response, but you cannot do it with the F19's as it plays havov with the correlation. Trusting that ggrab is ideal, and quick.
February 10, 2015 06:00PM
I think 1stTex made a mistake saying it the best relic machine ever. Actually it's one of the best multi purpose machines ever. I've seen posts where people ask if it will find coins since it's a relic machine. WTfreak? I think Fisher shot themselves in the foot toughting it as a relic machine and also pricing it too high. I think the only thing it could have is a 4 tone TID. This way we could set the tone and window width and put them where ever we want - just like the notch works now. Then it would be KILLER! Oh, then make it waterproof.......